thecursedpit wrote:I think having dev bases show up once every 2-6 searches for both factions would solve a lot of the debates and arguing amongst players.
Boog wrote:Gaardian wrote:Base sniper have 300% bonus vs infantry while sharps have 200%. That’s a 50% difference right there.
The difference is larger than you indicate. But I’m fine with that. Personally I think imperial vehicles need to be buffed up a bit so imperial players concentrate more on them while Rebs concentrate more on infantry.
It's not that big of a difference because of the higher UC of the sharps compared to snipers. A level 4 sharp does 1408 dps (per second) vs 1232 for a level 4 sniper; those are the units spawned from level 10 GR. When you factor in the multipliers, sharps do 2816 dps vs. flyers and snipers do 3696 dps, which is ~31% more damage. Sharps spawn five seconds faster and have higher health. I wouldn't complain about that.
It is mostly moot if you have good skins. A level 4 sharp with level 10 skins does 3052 damage per shot and 6104 damage per shot to a flyer. If it is taking on a max jumper (47,537 hp), it will need 8 shots to knock it down. OTOH, a level 4 sniper with level 10 skins does 2670 damage per shot and 8010 damage per shot to flyers. To knock down a max jet (52,254 hp), it takes 7 shots. So, the GR Rodian will kill a flyer one shot faster, which is 0.5 seconds faster with a shot delay of 500 ms.
If you're comparing SC units (level 11), then here is the breakdown:
Sullustan 6176 damage per shot; 12352 damage per shot to a jump; 4 shots to kill a max jumper
Rodian 5406 damage per shot; 16218 damage per shot to flyers; 4 shots to kill a max jet
The higher UC of the sharp is a penalty on that one.
Personally, I say keep it the way it is. I like the fact that rebels attack with jet spam. It's not that hard to defend against. And I am a huge fan of jets in the SC. They are easy to kill if you are ready for them. Sullustans in the SC are a much bigger problem, imo.
Midge wrote:I love saying someone offers nothing to the discussion and in the SAME BREATH saying you agree with that someone.
What are you agreeing with then?
Midge wrote:Still waiting for you to flatten my base like you said you would ... been on the same planet for weeks ...
thecursedpit wrote:@Fruitbowlmafia: good response and I agree with quite a number of things mentioned!
As for the points you mentioned:
1) I'm perfectly ok with jumps/jets being as they are, jets are stronger in my opinion but in the grand total picture of units, that should be ok.
2) In my opinion, rapid and burst turrets on both sides need rebalancing and to be equalized.
3) Disagree here, as I said: yeah the rodian does a bit more damage (not 100%!! Rebel sniper has higher base damage), but the faster spawn times make up for it in my opinion. That can be a total game changer in an attack.
4) Not agreed either, I just think all the heroes on both sides need rebalancing And yes, especially rebels need to have their options become way more interesting and boosted.
5) See point 4, the atact is indeed a beast, though it also sometimes goes wondering around doing nothing due to the retarded ai, or is so slow that it kills 1-2 shields and does nothing else. Personally, I prefer vader anyway.
As for the shot count discussion:
I would need to have you on Line, but I can show you in video examples of regular pvp and squad wars that jumps/jets both fire an equal amount of shots: both 1 shot unskinned, 2 shots skinned. Only difference is that in that shot, 2 projectiles hit if it's a jet.
1) It depends on how many jets are "charging in". If 6 fire on a turret, it's destroyed before the turret shoots back. if it's 5 or less, the burst will get some projectiles in yeah.
Also, since jumps deal less damage, they'll also get shot at by rebel burst farms.
2) Well, the lower damage and health from jumps also gives imps a similar problem with rebel bursts. But, as said, I think all turrets should be the same for both factions. Who knows with time.
3) That sure is an advantage. But still, if jumps or jets really only needed 1 shot to deal all their damage potential, offense would be way too unbalanced vs defense (purely talking jumps/jets).
As for the wrap up:
1) well, I think it's ok to keep jumps/jets as they are, no change required.
2) disagree, see point 3 in the opening part of my response. However, I'd far more prefer to have imperial sniper reserves scrapped altogether and replaced by a vehicle reserve like the atst or probe droids. Just to make differences between factions more apparent, which would be great for the game.
3&4) no matter what other imps may say, I agree with you that turrets should be equalized and heroes need rebalancing.
On another note, I think for many people it isn't so much that factions are unbalanced, or offense/defense is much stronger than the other.
I agree with the angry man (he who always starts yelling "crybabies" and spouting negativity without actually adding anything normal to a discussion or reading any of the text properly ) that the thing is mostly that defenses are balanced as they should be in general.
I think having dev bases show up once every 2-6 searches for both factions would solve a lot of the debates and arguing amongst players.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests