[SUGGESTION] Forum Improvement Ideas

Please post any suggestions that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Feel free to also encourage Disney with praise of things you like.
DeathStriker

[SUGGESTION] Forum Improvement Ideas

Post#1 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:36 am

EVERYONE;

A big "thank-you" to Commander for creating the Suggestions and Feedback Section.

I am posting this inaugural Thread so that everyone with "ideas" on how to make this Forum great can post them in a consolidated Thread for easier reading and use by the Forum Administrator.

If you have any thoughts about what needs "fixing" and "improvement" post them below...

It has been an honor and a privilege helping the SWC Community. MTFBWYA

DeathStriker

Add Signature Banner Ability

Post#2 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:40 am

Add Signature Banner Ability

I know that this is being worked on (as shown here), but it still has issues.

Hopefully working together we can get our Forum Signature Banners back, and maybe if Wone from the former Playdom Forum shows up and if he is still interested, we can see some of his great Squad Signature Banners.

More ideas to come...

itsnotwhiningiftrue
Commodore

Re: Forum Improvement Ideas

Post#3 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:32 pm

Hey DS, how about these templates to update the old WoW theme.

https://inventea.com/en/projects/we_universal

Demo: https://inventea.com/phpbb/3.1/we_universal

what the template can do: http://www.maa-forum.com/

blue version, could make a nice hoth theme ;)

https://inventea.com/en/projects/we_clearblue

Demo: https://inventea.com/phpbb/3.0/we_clearblue
Last edited by DeathStriker on Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Post Moved - Subject Updated To Reflect New Topic
Level 10 SWC player in need of a new forum.
2 Rebel accounts and 2 empire accounts.

BertO
Major General

Post#4 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:59 pm

I'm really loving the "Most Recent" box on this forum. I would like to see it more prominent.

And talking about loving to see... can we go to white text on black or black on white? Sorry the grey on black although miles preferable to grey on grey isn't the easiest to read. Remember we all have messed up vision from staring at tiny screens for hours on end so we need all the help we can get.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Post Moved - Subject Updated To Reflect New Topic
So long and thanks for all the fish.

Live long and prosper.

DeathStriker

Post#5 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:09 am

itsnotwhiningiftrue wrote:Hey DS, how about these templates to update the old WoW theme.

{snip}

EVERYONE;

I am working with Commander on Forum Improvements. Please keep in mind that making a DRASTIC LAYOUT CHANGE is a lot of work, and we don't want to break this forum, so ideas like this would need to be considered very carefully, and planned accordingly (read: take a long time to implement).

Provided Commander is in agreement, small incremental changes to the current phpBB Style may be made to possibly bring it more in line with Star Wars Commander "Theme" and less of the current WoW design it is currently using.

Keep on adding new "Forum Improvement Ideas" as this will help determine what new "features" Members are looking for and if possible these suggestions may be implemented in the future.

GOZER
Commodore

Re: [SUGGESTION] Forum Improvement Ideas

Post#6 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:56 am

I don't know if it's possible, but it would be nice if someone can report the top 100 leaderbord on the forum.
There was one site http://www.star-wars-commander.com that report this standigs but it hasn't been update since 07/2015.

It would be also very usefull if we can have, like star-wars-commander.com, a forum section with the stats of buildings, troops and starships.
GOZER the destructor - Proud member of Italia-Avengers
We annihilate rebels all over the galaxy under command of Gen. Unknow
:twisted: "Il dolore si combatte con il dolore" :twisted:

DeathStriker

Post#7 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:52 am

GOZER wrote:I don't know if it's possible, but it would be nice if someone can report the top 100 leaderbord on the forum. There was one site http://www.star-wars-commander.com that report this standigs but it hasn't been update since 07/2015.

Posting and Maintaining a "Leaderboard Stats Thread" would be a lot of work and hard to maintain. But if some "dedicated" Member which plans to monitor SWC on a nearly daily basis wants to take on this task / duty we could find a place for it, possibly the new PvP Section should Commander make one.

GOZER wrote:It would be also very usefull if we can have, like star-wars-commander.com, a forum section with the stats of buildings, troops and starships.

Actually, I have been working on a GAME GUIDE for over two years, and was just about to post it on the Playdom Forum when that Forum went *Poof* - So glad I didn't now. :)

That said, I am still planning to post a GAME GUIDE on this Forum, so just give me some time and we will see if we can make it happen!

Great Ideas! :D

awesome777
Commodore

Post#8 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:44 am

Try to make it better on mobile, right now it is not great at all. The ads at the bottom are to big, so half of my screen is black, so I have to manually scale. If there was a dedicated site for mobile, that's would be great.
Join Galactic Rebels for great wars and instant donations

obelisk4000
Commodore

Post#9 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:58 pm

What about something along the lines of a helpful post or good post reward that reflects how helpfull members are in answering or helping others?

If a question is answered or helpful advice given, the person or people who were helped in whatever way can give a +1 to the member or members that helped them.

That's all I can come up with. This forum is actually very well put together and user friendly.
Former Leader5FngrForceChoke
Former Officer -.Rebel.Slayers.
Officer - Hostile.Warfare!

BertO
Major General

Post#10 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:23 pm

Most important thing..... can you fix the PMs. I want to send a message to someone but I don't have privileges to see members....
Screenshot_20160902-074949.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
So long and thanks for all the fish.

Live long and prosper.

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”