Imperial Star Fighter Pilot/Rodian Sniper with Yavin Buff

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DarthChoder
Captain

Imperial Star Fighter Pilot/Rodian Sniper with Yavin Buff

Post#1 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:58 pm

Apologies in advance if this has been asked previously.
Was wondering if the Yavin outpost buff increases damage on the starship strikes from the Rodian Sniper(samples) and the Imperial starfighter Pilot.
Thnx. :)
Player: Darth Choder
Squad: SithLegion
Young but active squad - looking to grow.
Join us....and feel the power of the dark side.

Therealharbinger
Major General

Re: Imperial Star Fighter Pilot/Rodian Sniper with Yavin Buff

Post#2 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:13 am

No they dont. Same as the tie brute doesnt get summoned by the pilot and naval officer SD attack doesnt get a lugga buff.

DarthChoder
Captain

Post#3 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:07 am

Thanks for your reply. Im aware the brute doesn't get summoned by the pilot as that is an armoury skin which isn't relevant to the pilot at all.
Im also aware that the skin for the royal guard (aka naval officer) isn't applicable to Squad wars so their would be no Yavin buff applied to this hero..
The question above refers to the units that call in their specialty airstrikes and if our Sqiuad holds the Yavin OP, is this buff applied to the above units if I was to attack an enemy or, if the units were in our defensive OPs on Sullust?

Lord
Major General

Post#4 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:10 am

DarthChoder wrote:Apologies in advance if this has been asked previously.
Was wondering if the Yavin outpost buff increases damage on the starship strikes from the Rodian Sniper(samples) and the Imperial starfighter Pilot.

Pilot does get buffed by Yavin, l tried before, one tie one turret. Never use Rodian sample attack so not sure about it.

Zach
Major General

Post#5 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:54 am

Yep they both get the yavin buff. Quiet effective is you can keep them alive for long enough

lukeskywalker
Admiral

Post#6 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:25 am

Zach wrote:

Yep they both get the yavin buff. Quiet effective is you can keep them alive for long enough

Agree. All indications seem to point to the Yavin buff working with any Imperial/Alliance Pilot and Sullustan/Rodian sniper SAMPLES. As Zach stated, it comes down to keeping them alive and using them vs. layouts that make sense will do that. E.g. Imperial/Alliance Pilots work really well vs. a spread layout where the resource generators and storages are all around the perimeter, without any turret protection.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#7 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:19 pm

lukeskywalker wrote:
Zach wrote:

Agree. All indications seem to point to the Yavin buff working with any Imperial/Alliance Pilot and Sullustan/Rodian sniper SAMPLES. As Zach stated, it comes down to keeping them alive and using them vs. layouts that make sense will do that. E.g. Imperial/Alliance Pilots work really well vs. a spread layout where the resource generators and storages are all around the perimeter, without any turret protection.

In a war this weekend, we had Yavin, and I used Pilot for my rebel HQ 7, and I said to my mates that we can use Sullustan samples and Pilot that they get Yavin's buff. But war attacks were so frenzy that I couldn't notice that to be sure. Thanks for confirm.

In PvP, for Prestige players, the Pilot sucks due to high level enemy Armory equipments. He works better for mid-level players, like my HQ 7 and HQ 8 that have him maxed out, against bases with poor Armory equipments. I just need to deploy the Pilot with a Medic attached to him, and he can survive if there aren't bursts or sonics around. Rapids will fire the Medics, and Rockets will fire the Pilot but the Medic heals him so fast that he can survive until the end or time enough to be useful. The Pilot is specially good in war attacks against bases with spreaded resources buildings.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation.

DarthChoder
Captain

Post#8 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:19 pm

Thanks guys. Appreciate the info. Was thinking the same with using the pilots on spread resource collectors. cheers. :)

Return to “General Discussions”