Crystal cost petition

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Re: Crystal cost petition

Post#11 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:37 am

During war, I wouldn't mind using some crystals (20-30, not hundreds) to fast cook troops for donating to squad SC, so folks can do attacks while we have control of the outposts. But not going to do this for Prestige troops. Fortunately, the auto-upgrade works for donated troops, so just need to keep one barrack/factory at L10 to do this.

And if I sit on a ton of crystals (>1000), then occasionally I may use some crystals to cook troops to donate as I am not going to sit around and wait 10 minutes just to cook troops to donate; or use 1 crystal to finish the last troop in load when there is less than 1m:30s left.

So it does make sense in some cases for using crystals to fast cook troops, at least to me anyway.

Cost for fast cook troops at Prestige is just ridiculous.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#12 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:05 am

I have never been a fan of mobile or PC games, nor have I actually played electronic games since my Atari and Sega Genesis days. When I discovered that I could play games from consoles like Nintendo and Genesis running emulators on my PC, I started looking for easy and simple games like those. Playing Counter Strike and Battle of Wesnoth was as much as I allowed myself. :D

I installed a game called Star Wars Assault Team on Windows, and it sucked, soon after came SWC. If it wasn't for SW I would never have installed it in the first place. This kind of game never appealed to me, and similar games like Clash and others didn't either. But this is SW and SW Original Trilogy.

And it's been 5 years playing without ever spending a dime on crystals. If you play actively, you have lots of samples that you can use as Prestige as DarthBratzzznew commented. If you know the cost of crystals for Prestige then leave a barrack and factory at level 10, or do not upgrade some unit to Prestige when the benefit of the upgrade will not be worth the costs of crystals.

This is the case with Kubaz/Ithorian. The only unit I use crystals to run the training is Kubaz/Ithorians because I keep them at level 5 for my two Prestiges and they are essential for any PvP or War attack.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation. Currently in "Giveandgettroops" (Level 50 Imperial Squad) and "SevenOfNine2" Level 50 Rebel Squad -- training squads, everyone is welcome!

LosVega
Admiral

Post#13 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:03 am

I don't crystal prestige units ever. My hero command, air command, one barrack and one factory and all traps excluding LATT traps will remain at level 10 because the upgrade ain't worth it. I believe Disney realized that the long term players were starting to age out and came up with prestige as a backhanded reward for sticking around and to also stick it to the newer players for revenue gains. I also believe that this is just another way of slowing down the overall attack volume because dev bases cost them revenue. Imagine if every attacking player at level 9 and up had a turnaround time of <5 minutes without crystals. Pay to play and pay to play frequently.

There are 2 sides to this issue and I believe there are valid points to both sides. Regardless of which side you're on, the cost of using crystals for prestige units is ridiculously high. A petition to Zynga may be helpful but only proves their business point. One should keep in mind that the prestige level came out while still under Disney which we all already know how the mouse rolls when it comes to revenue. As it is now, if Zynga lowers the prestige cost then those with the wallet will do more; those of us that have decided from day one not to spend on prestige will continue to do so. It's been said before numerous times throughout the forum, it all comes down to a matter of choice how you play (pay) this game.
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, ROYALX, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite & Duza's Finest - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

Pepsidoc
Lieutenant

Post#14 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:37 am

It's a valid complaint. It's sort of a penalty for jumping to prestige and the crystal cost is highly exaggerated for P units. I never went to starship or hero P for that reason.

I would make the same argument for event goals for prestige, but the counter is the conflict gears per attack ratio.. so good vs bad.

I never quick cooked buildings, just troops. Especially during OP wars. And when the lower levels request P units for their SCs sometimes they get Xs instead.

I'll send the request and wish you, or all of us, luck.

Pepsidoc
Lieutenant

Post#15 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:10 am

And the response.

Thanks for taking the time to share all of your feedback regarding the Crystal cost, especially in speeding up Prestige Level units training and building upgrades. I can understand how valuable our hard earned or purchase Crystals are, so while we are unable to guarantee immediate changes, I will make sure that all of your information will be listed down to forward to our development team for further review and consideration.
We keep on gathering feedback, suggestions and ideas from all of our players to make things better and create more improvements in the future updates.

Thanks for the support and understanding.

Regards,
Ross
Zynga Player Support
Last edited by DeathStriker on Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Corrected Quote for Clarity

TKTB51
Major General

Post#16 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:58 pm

to translate:

"fuck you and the horse you rode in on".

And have a Merry Christmas also.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

jaybinx
Captain

Post#17 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:17 am

i managed to get 500 crystals, after stating that i have accidentally crystalled prestige jets during wars over the years....which i have lol.

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#18 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:50 am

jaybinx wrote:i managed to get 500 crystals, after stating that i have accidentally crystalled prestige jets during wars over the years....which i have lol.

Man! I should complain about the crystal cost to jump between worlds! It always pops up a confirmation to jump worlds and I often miss the fact that the exact same popup has a different message if it''s going to cost crystals or not. I have lost so many crystals to that when I forget to turn my perks on!!!!

Return to “General Discussions”