Dev bases have always been the problem

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Shelendil
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1033

Re: Dev bases have always been the problem

Post#11 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:37 am

Boog wrote:I agree with the idea that dev bases should not give massive loot as well as easy and massive gears during conflicts, but the OP is just total bullshit. You can weep and whine all you want about imps controlling four planets (if that's true), but the number of UC slots on rebel controlled planets has always exceeded the number on imp controlled planets. Here is the UC breakdown for this conflict, which is pretty close to normal:

Tatooine 1520
Dando 383
Erkit 188
Yavin 229
Hoth 261
Tako 248

That puts 1708 UC slots on desert planets and 1121 on the other four. It is complete and utter horseshit that this system somehow favors imps over rebels. A rebel can go to Tatooine, win 20 attacks against dev bases, then go camp on Hoth or Dando and get a defensive UC. I don't see how that's unfair to all the rebels out there.


Depends on how many UC you want. As a prestige rebel who doesn't dump medals, more than 4 UC is pretty tough. 2 planets with dev bases, defend on one green, and attack on one green is really all I can accomplish playing 10 hours a day for 5-6 days. I find that in terms of gears/hour, attacking live bases gives roughly half the value of attacking dev bases. If I had the option of dev bases on 4 planets, I could attack only dev bases and defend on tat for 5 UC.

It seems unbalanced when you consider it on an individual basis.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)


strawman3125
Admiral
Posts: 904

Re: Dev bases have always been the problem

Post#12 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:23 pm

Shelendil wrote:
Boog wrote:I agree with the idea that dev bases should not give massive loot as well as easy and massive gears during conflicts, but the OP is just total bullshit. You can weep and whine all you want about imps controlling four planets (if that's true), but the number of UC slots on rebel controlled planets has always exceeded the number on imp controlled planets. Here is the UC breakdown for this conflict, which is pretty close to normal:

Tatooine 1520
Dando 383
Erkit 188
Yavin 229
Hoth 261
Tako 248

That puts 1708 UC slots on desert planets and 1121 on the other four. It is complete and utter horseshit that this system somehow favors imps over rebels. A rebel can go to Tatooine, win 20 attacks against dev bases, then go camp on Hoth or Dando and get a defensive UC. I don't see how that's unfair to all the rebels out there.


Depends on how many UC you want. As a prestige rebel who doesn't dump medals, more than 4 UC is pretty tough. 2 planets with dev bases, defend on one green, and attack on one green is really all I can accomplish playing 10 hours a day for 5-6 days. I find that in terms of gears/hour, attacking live bases gives roughly half the value of attacking dev bases. If I had the option of dev bases on 4 planets, I could attack only dev bases and defend on tat for 5 UC.

It seems unbalanced when you consider it on an individual basis.


My Imperial account almost never sees dev bases on Dando when it is a 6 planet conflict... If I really want to push it my Imperial base can get 4 UCs: Tak, Yavin and Hoth and a defensive one on Tat (but I have not put that much effort into the game in a long time).

When I put that much effort in, my Rebel account gets 4 UCs as well: Tat, Kit and Hoth along with a defensive one on Dando with about the same amount of effort. (On Hoth PvP is actually doable, so I hit player bases on Hoth.)


For the amount of effort that I am willing to put in these days, only 2 UCs, my Rebel base is far easier, 1 offensive win on Tat and one defensive win on Dando (the two lowest gear planets). My Imperial account needs to put in far more effort to get the offensive win on Yavin or Tako and the defensive win on Tat is easy.

Conclusion: For absolute top players trying to get as many UCs as possible (4+), maybe the Imperials have the advantage, for the average over-achiever player aiming for 1-2 UCs, the Rebels have it easier!


bob1084
Commodore
Posts: 155

Re: Dev bases have always been the problem

Post#13 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:43 pm

Boog wrote:I agree with the idea that dev bases should not give massive loot as well as easy and massive gears during conflicts, but the OP is just total bullshit. You can weep and whine all you want about imps controlling four planets (if that's true), but the number of UC slots on rebel controlled planets has always exceeded the number on imp controlled planets. Here is the UC breakdown for this conflict, which is pretty close to normal:

Tatooine 1520
Dando 383
Erkit 188
Yavin 229
Hoth 261
Tako 248

That puts 1708 UC slots on desert planets and 1121 on the other four. It is complete and utter horseshit that this system somehow favors imps over rebels. A rebel can go to Tatooine, win 20 attacks against dev bases, then go camp on Hoth or Dando and get a defensive UC. I don't see how that's unfair to all the rebels out there.


Impressive how idiotic this post is. Seeing dev bases on 2 planets is somehow now easier than seeing them on 4 lmao.

I really do appreciate watching the moaning from a simple change, no easy bases ever again. And look at the whining.

So idiot keeps replying that people would quit the game hahahahahahahaha. That has been the problem all along, not seeing just how horrid pvp is, feast on dev bases and play defense. That shouldn’t have ever been possible in the first place.


crashalot
Cadet Trooper
Posts: 2

Re: Dev bases have always been the problem

Post#14 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:05 pm

I liked the Dev bases because they gave me a chance to practice without skins and try different things for war... I miss them for the same reason, didnt really care about easy wins or extra loot...


User avatar
ObiWanKenobi2016
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1023

Re: Dev bases have always been the problem

Post#15 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:24 pm

I think the reality is that both factions need dev bases in the present state of the game.

The rewards for attacking a dev base, however, need significant adjustment so that they are comparable with attacks on real bases.

Cap dev base gears at say 250 gears, or less, depending on difficulty, and then the loot dwindle as the conflict goes on, just like it used to.

This would give attackers a choice between easy bases with low gear and loot versus much more challenging bases with higher rewards and greater risk.

As the conflicts get towards the end, attackers would need to hit player bases to get loot, thus reviving the PvP aspect of the game and encouraging participation in Squad Wars

It would also keep UC at much more reasonable levels on all planets, thereby encouraging more participation.
HQ Prestige - Sons of Death & Midnight Mob

You must do what you think is right, of course.


bob1084
Commodore
Posts: 155

Re: Dev bases have always been the problem

Post#16 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:35 pm

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:I think the reality is that both factions need dev bases in the present state of the game.


Lol, which has, and will continue to be my overall point.

“Both factions need dev bases” let me reword that, “both factions need mind numbingly easy bases to feel good and get their participation trophy.”

Which leads directly back to my first post, dev bases ARE the problem.

As an aside, to the person who said they hit dev bases to practice for war: 1. I respect the hell out of that and 2. Easy money maker @zynga, let us hit our teammates war bases, i for one would crystal a crap load of troops just for this feature, probably 200-500 dollars worth just after the new movie hits (and you inevitably shut these servers down and laughably think we all will migrate to your new game knowing the direction will be as putrid as the course you have set forth on this game)


User avatar
Ghostie
Major General
Posts: 321

Re: Dev bases have always been the problem

Post#17 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:55 pm

bob1084 wrote:I know this seems controversial but hear me out and I think you will see some portion of the light on this issue.

The advent of the armory changed this game (obviously from free to play to pay to play, be it with actual money or endlessly grinding for frags) we all know this, HOWEVER, what isn’t talked about is the fact that dev bases (up to prestige level) are idiotically easy. They are horrid war bases but you can use skins against them. What makes me laugh is all the moaning when dev bases leave. Imperial players rightfully complaining about CNFO and rebs doing the same. I have been as consistent as anyone that dev bases should NEVER have been set up the way they were. For so long imps were allowed to hit mind numbing bases and rack up UC completely on the back of hitting bases that provide zero challenge whatsoever. Laughably I have seen many people say that prestige dev bases are “hard.”

That my friends is the real root of this whole problem in this game. For literally years imps are allowed to skate by on 4 planets where dev bases are readily available to be hit, racking up frags in the process. Never once seeing the actual side of the game that caused so many to quit.

The ONLY solution that feasibly makes sense is fully developed dev bases, with turret skins, with GR, with sc troops that 100% refill after every hit. If you are prestige, you face only player or dev bases that are prestige with a fully set up base. There is not one single thing in this game that makes sense if that isn’t the starting point.

Laughably, the response from imps on here will be: “that will kill the game,” or “that’s not fair”

Back to the IF/THEN, IF this had been the way it was from the start, THEN imps would have stood shoulder to shoulder with rebs saying how idiotic the direction of this game is. Unfortunately, this wasn’t allowed to happen. Imps feasted on crap bases, artificially elevating frag levels, and this has continued for literally years. Topic after topic on how bad the game is, or better yet, and my personal favorite “PLM” topics. (Party like Macro) you all complain about that cesspool squad of 1, but aren’t mature enough to see that if dev bases were fully loaded they die and would have zero chance to continue doing what they are doing. Instead, you want to treat the symptom, never once challenging yourself to think more clearly at the root cause. The root cause has been, is, and will continue to be dev bases. This can’t be argued with any level of intelligence.

Lastly, before someone idiotically reply’s with “but if there is no dev bases cnfo will be all over”

Listen, stupid, I’m not saying delete ANY dev base, I am saying make them fully loadout on defense.



YOU WOULD HAVE LOVED THE WINDOWS DAYS......NO DEV BASES AT ALL...IF THEY NEVER EXIST THEN THEY NEVER BECOME A PROBLEM. ONCE PLAYER BASE DWINDLES JUST SHUT THE LIGHTS OFF ....SHOULD'VE BEEN DONE ON ANDROID/IOS A LONG..LONG...TIME AGO! LOL
Some men aren't looking for any logical solution. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.


strawman3125
Admiral
Posts: 904

Re: Dev bases have always been the problem

Post#18 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:04 am

bob1084 wrote:
ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:I think the reality is that both factions need dev bases in the present state of the game.


Lol, which has, and will continue to be my overall point.

“Both factions need dev bases” let me reword that, “both factions need mind numbingly easy bases to feel good and get their participation trophy.”

Which leads directly back to my first post, dev bases ARE the problem.

As an aside, to the person who said they hit dev bases to practice for war: 1. I respect the hell out of that and 2. Easy money maker @zynga, let us hit our teammates war bases, i for one would crystal a crap load of troops just for this feature, probably 200-500 dollars worth just after the new movie hits (and you inevitably shut these servers down and laughably think we all will migrate to your new game knowing the direction will be as putrid as the course you have set forth on this game)


You must really love CNFOs!


DarkRebel
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1357

Re: Dev bases have always been the problem

Post#19 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:12 am

First of, Bob's proposed solution of making dev bases as hard as regular bases with armory equipments and full SC does address the risk/reward imbalance issue. However, there are multiple flaws:

1. Even if the dev bases are fully equipped, the amount of loots in these bases are still much higher than a regular bases (including whales), so unless the loots amount is also adjusted accordingly, it is still imbalance as it's more rewarding in term of resources to attack dev clone bases.

2. Unless the event objective point system is adjusted, it will become much much harder (even impossible) to complete the event for Prestige players, assuming the average number of star you can get per attack with full air and SC drop is 1.4 (based on recent player organized Galactic war data). The event point system would need to either reduce the EP requirements, or increase the EP per attack wins.

3. This "making everything hard" system would promote skill development and reward elite players; while this is a noble idea, it will surely alienate some "non-elite" players as they may not like to always have to take on tough bases and fail. Some will quit. Imagine that you wait 1-1.5 hour to fully prepare your load, attempt an attack then face plant and then have to wait another 1-1.5 hour to do another attack. Only the top attacker can survive the system. Lots of players will quit.

I think you want to design the system to accommodate the wide range of players, and not only those with top attack skills.

The alternative of keeping the dev base easier, but reducing the amount of gear, loots, medals would resolve the risk/reward imbalance issue and also provide options for players. Those who want to challenge themselves by going against tough bases can and will be rewarded with more points and more loots. Those who want to take on easy bases can still play, but need to compensate by playing longer hours.


User avatar
Harshit
Admiral
Posts: 619

Re: Dev bases have always been the problem

Post#20 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:00 am

DarkRebel wrote:First of, Bob's proposed solution of making dev bases as hard as regular bases with armory equipments and full SC does address the risk/reward imbalance issue. However, there are multiple flaws:

1. Even if the dev bases are fully equipped, the amount of loots in these bases are still much higher than a regular bases (including whales), so unless the loots amount is also adjusted accordingly, it is still imbalance as it's more rewarding in term of resources to attack dev clone bases.

2. Unless the event objective point system is adjusted, it will become much much harder (even impossible) to complete the event for Prestige players, assuming the average number of star you can get per attack with full air and SC drop is 1.4 (based on recent player organized Galactic war data). The event point system would need to either reduce the EP requirements, or increase the EP per attack wins.

3. This "making everything hard" system would promote skill development and reward elite players; while this is a noble idea, it will surely alienate some "non-elite" players as they may not like to always have to take on tough bases and fail. Some will quit. Imagine that you wait 1-1.5 hour to fully prepare your load, attempt an attack then face plant and then have to wait another 1-1.5 hour to do another attack. Only the top attacker can survive the system. Lots of players will quit.

I think you want to design the system to accommodate the wide range of players, and not only those with top attack skills.

The alternative of keeping the dev base easier, but reducing the amount of gear, loots, medals would resolve the risk/reward imbalance issue and also provide options for players. Those who want to challenge themselves by going against tough bases can and will be rewarded with more points and more loots. Those who want to take on easy bases can still play, but need to compensate by playing longer hours.

That's the main point, to keep all ranges of players to be competable. Surely top armory level players won't have no problem but ~90% of the players will just suffer because only small proportion of the player base has enough armory gear to compete with dev bases+ armory.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Facebook [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Yandex [Bot] and 27 guests