HD possible with a min Imp HQ6 base?

This forum is for sharing tips and guides
Blub
Storm Trooper

Re: HD possible with a min Imp HQ6 base?

Post#11 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:53 am

DeathStriker wrote:
:arrow: Plan on staying at HQ 8 for a Year or more. At that Level it is the easiest to get Frags via HD "events", Planetary Objectives, and of course SWC Events. Conflicts are a different story.

For the avoidance of doubt, you mean staying for one year at HQ8 and not 6? Just wanna check in case of a typo.

Just did the math and realized that starting to upgrade with HQ to 7, it will take 23 days to have HQ, research lab, Hero Command and only one barrack to level 8. Gosh... I have only 3 droids so far.

That could be a risk in case a good event comes up with me not be prepared to attack others again.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#12 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:16 am

Game is a run for Armory frags.

In my opinion, the best way to play SWC now is starting with a mini base, and don't collect medals. Medals have more impact on matchmaking to give you stronger rivals than Base Score. If you have both low (Medals + Base Score) you will face weak/easy rivals all the time. Keep this in mind when upgrade your stuff.

You need to play for Armory/Elite Units, the best you can do is stay at HQ 6 untill you unlock/upgrade every important Armory equipment, and unlock/upgrade all old and new Elite Units to your level, and be sure you have frags to upgrade them to Level 7 as soon as you reach HQ 7 and upgrade your Lab to Level 7.

Then stay at HQ 7 for a while to complete the base/unit upgrades, get more frags to upgrade your Armory equipments to Level 7, and be sure you have frags to upgrade your Elite units to Level 8 when you make the jump. And then as DS said, stay at HQ 8. Don't go to Level 9, even with the Luggabeast, another planet to grind, Oppressor, 4 shields, don't go.

Conflicts are playable at HQ 8, you only need to attack more to be in the high leagues, but rivals won't be hard while you keep medals/base score low. Events are easier for HQ 7-8 than for HQ 6 and HQ 9, and you can use HDs and fast Daily Objectives to complete EP requirements.

I upgraded my mini HQ 6 to Level 7 after 1 year because most of my Armory units are Level 5-6-7, and I want unlock the MTT in the upcoming conflict. Same for my Rebel HQ 6 now upgrading to Level 7. I plan keep both at HQ 7 for a long time only to play Events.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#13 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:30 am

Eight is a good place to camp. I remained there a full year with my main base and collected all the regular frags. I researched all units (including mercs) to eight, and all the equipment except the turrets that I don't use. My base was maxed out, although I still haven't built six of the fighter/bomber traps. I was medal capped the last few months, but I was a level 10 on Windows and knew how to attack, so while attacking could be rough, it wasn't impossible. If this is your first go round, you may need to manage medals.

My secondary was a mini that I kept at 1 medal. It's been at prestige for about 11 months. Things were great (too great, lol) for the first 3-4 months, because there were loaded mini prestige dev bases that were easy farming. Zynga pulled the plug on them, and cnfo made the game near unplayable. I had to build up the base to get my base score high enough so I could attack again. Now, it is a reasonable base and I get no cnfo. I have maxed all the frags here, too. I mostly use this base for donations and wars. I also do events with it, but prioritize the main base. Anyway, you can upgrade your mini as high as you want, but you may need medals at higher levels to avoid cnfo.

The downside to camping at eight is that you don't get an oppressor. Camping at nine will allow you to max it out to 20.
Last edited by Boog on Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blub
Storm Trooper

Post#14 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:42 am

What means cnfo?

EDIT:

@mkenobi

I do not question your knowledge and experience but I need more input so that I understand.

Why should I stay and farm on lvl6 and 7 longer before becoming 8?

My thought is that I could farm frags faster with 8 than on 6. I could participate in more conflicts and complete more HD each day.

Or is your advise that with not maxed skins I would not be able to chain farm the easier match / or that HD on 8 without maxed GR will not lead anymore to 3 star victory?
Last edited by DeathStriker on Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Combined Back-to-Back Posts - Added "Edit"

DeathStriker

Post#15 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:26 am

Blub wrote:What means cnfo?

Blub - CNFO means "Can't Not Find Opponent" the error that occurs when the SWC Matchmaking System is unable to find any more Players within your Matchmaking Pool.

There are several reasons for this error and often just trying again by clicking on "Find a Match" you can continue to hunt for Bases to Attack.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#16 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:00 pm

Blub wrote:Why should I stay and farm on lvl6 and 7 longer before becoming 8?

My thought is that I could farm frags faster with 8 than on 6. I could participate in more conflicts and complete more HD each day.

Or is your advise that with not maxed skins I would not be able to chain farm the easier match / or that HD on 8 without maxed GR will not lead anymore to 3 star victory?

The time it will take you to collect frags will depend on how much you play the game, if you have just that base. I have 6 bases, so I need to choose which base to play this conflict or this event, or which base I will keep at a certain level.

Your initial intention was to be able to win the Bronzium Crate in HDs with a level 6 mini base. You can collect frags also doing objectives, participating in wars/conflicts/events, and buying frags and Crates in the Shop.

Once you start to win every heroic defense with your mini and have collected enough Armory frags to easily win in PvP, go to level 7, and you can go to level 8 if you have the Jumps skins, because that will be all you need to keep winning in PvP. But be sure that you will keep winning the Bronzium Crate in HDs as a mini HQ 7 before go to HQ 8, HDs will get hard.

Game is easy and fun at level 8 as long as you don't max out your base upgrading defensive buildings (traps, turrets, shields) and don't collect too many medals - this can push you into the matchmaking of HQs 10 and 11.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#17 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:23 pm

Yeah, I would get your Guard reserve to level 3-5 before going up. GR makes hd's a lot easier. If you upgrade too fast, the hd's may be tough at level 8.

Blub
Storm Trooper

Post#18 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:45 pm

Thanks a lot for you all advises. Now I know the way to go and to what I need to put attention to.!

Return to “General Tips”