HD possible with a min Imp HQ6 base?

This forum is for sharing tips and guides
Blub
Storm Trooper

HD possible with a min Imp HQ6 base?

Post#1 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:14 am

Hi all,

I am playing this game since around 2 months. My first approach with an Imp base was to build all available structures and maxed them in addition to all possible tech before I raised HQ level. This was fun till HQ3 and then the pain begun. With a maxed HQ5 Imp base I got matches which I rarely could defeat with a 3 star rating, I lost 90% of my PvP defences and HD I won either with a 1 Star or 2 Star rating.

Here I have to point out that I was (and I am still) a very unexperienced player and that there is still tons of stuff for me to learn.

I googled about this matchmaking problem and got various explanations about that with this forum. After I started to understand the core issue with base value I decided to restart and go with a mini base whilst I am growing. This way I can compete in conflicts and events a bit and get some more frags with my limited time.

At the moment I have a mini Imp HQ6 base and I am glad to still get tougher PvP matches during SW or relocating to Tat, strangely I get matches with HQ6 or higher there only. So PvP attacks are fine, PvP defences I stand of course no chance (but I understand the why and accept it) but what is about HD with a Mini?

Is there a way to go for a victory, maybe even a 3 Star victory?

My base layout is cornered in the north and protected with lvl 6 Walls, I have a lvl 6 SC with Jumps from my Squad, no guard reserve yet, only 2 lvl1 turrets and no shields or traps. Even if I place all my heroes they are kind of slaughtered by each attack and my base dies already on the first wave. Is there any way what I could do better?

Best regards,
Blub

DeathStriker

Re: HD possible with a min Imp HQ6 base?

Post#2 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:30 am

Blub wrote:Is there a way to go for a victory, maybe even a 3 Star victory?

My base layout is cornered in the north and protected with lvl 6 Walls, I have a lvl 6 SC with Jumps from my Squad, no guard reserve yet, only 2 lvl1 turrets and no shields or traps. Even if I place all my heroes they are kind of slaughtered by each attack and my base dies already on the first wave. Is there any way what I could do better?

Best regards,
Blub

Blub - Welcome to the Forum! :D

With each HQ Level Increase there is an immediate increase in the Level of Heroic Defense Enemy Units as well as an increase in the number of these Troops.

Most HD Defense Base Designs feature a North (Up) Corner Base with double walls to the South (Down).

:arrow: It is possible to get 3-Stars but without any Guard Reserve it may require you to use SC, Air, and all Heroes.

:arrow: RECOMMEND you concentrate on getting Armory Equipment for Structures (like HQ, Turrets, Walls, etc.). If you have not done so visit the Data Fragment Store in the SHOP where as a HQ 6 you should be able to dump excess Credits and Alloy up to a certain point to help you improve your HQ, Turrets, and Walls, etc, Armory Equipment.

:arrow: IT IS IMPORTANT that you move your HQ, SC, Hero Command, and Starship Command as far away from "spawning" HD Enemy Units like moving them closer to the North (Up) Corner.

If you post your current Base Design, I and others may be able to help you further.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#3 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:33 am

with 2 L1 turrets and no traps, you can forget about defense.
Your only hope is to load your L6 SC with 4 L10-11 AvA/bikes and hope that they kill enough troops for you to get a win.
4 high level bikes are a lot better than 3 unbuffed jumps, especially when doing HDs.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#4 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:30 am

Yes, it is possible (and easy) to win Bronzium on HDs with a mini base. DS gave good advices.

HDs are very easy at level 6 since you:

1) have an appropriate layout;
2) reinforce walls and buildings with armory equipment;
3) have some guard reserve;
4) use 1 or 2 heroes or Tie striker/decimator (especially against infantry = grouped wookies)
4) request Prestige units for your SC, and use them with Armory skins if you have them (such as 3 buffed Prestige Jumps), or simply request 4 high-level Ava/Speeders, for a 24 UC SC.

Take a look at my Imperial mini (currently HQ 7).

Only two level 1 turrets. The rest is maxed out. Getting started was hard, but once you reinforce the walls - don't build extra turrets or you will destroy the purpose of maintaining a mini base - and unlock some guard reserve things get easier.

I kept it at HQ 6 for one year doing HDs. I had GR Snipers (Level 5) + GR MHC (Level 5), and reinforced walls (Level 6). These items guarantee the Bronzium against Infantry raids without using heroes/ships, but if I wanted to, I used Kessen (Level 6) or eATAT - but heroes are indispensable for Vehicles and Infantry raids with Jugernauts and heavies + Medic combos.

The only difference from the HQ 6 to HQ 7 is the 4th barrack and the Cantina, and the 10 extra walls.

I won most of my PvP defenses as HQ 6 using the GR Snipers + Prestige Buffed Jumps + Walls combo. And now as HQ 7, I use GR Snipers + GR MHC + Buffed Prestige Jumps + Walls bracing for PvP, and for HDs, I replace the Buffed Jumps (Level 5) with Rodian skins (Level 3).

Hint: For PvP keep the SC in the center of the base covering the range where the enemy can deploy troops. GR will take care of the rest. You can build shields as shields save your SC from airstrikes and don't cost much for Base Score. Just don't build traps, none, never (only IDT traps when at HQ 9).
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#5 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:52 am

I 3*'d >95% of my hd's with a prestige mini base and only 2 level 1 turrets/1 shield. It is very do-able at any level, and is way easier at 6 than 11. It is much easier once you unlock guard reserve, in particular MHC guard reserve. My prestige base now has 22 turrets, some at high level and some at level 7-8, but I win HD"s the same way that I did with only two turrets. I mainly rely on GR, and hide the turrets and shields in the north end of the base. This forces the turret and shield hunters to suicide; they are mostly killed by my cannons, which are set so the are stuck on the lower corners of the base. The design isn't too different from mkenobi's, although I recommend getting the shields closer to the edges. It forces juggs to go up the sides, and keeps them from just plowing through you walls in the middle of you base, which is a problem.

Anyway, I don't have any screenshots of the design at level 6, but you can look up FarmerT's base in Crimson_Alliance for ideas. And ask around (but do not post here) for tips on deploying the SC 'properly', which helps a TON. The base design I use looks ridiculous and counter-intuitive, but it works by baiting the attacking troops to walk by my mhc's and get wasted (rodians, storms, and bikes help, too). That base is now maxed out on HD's, and has level IX/X GR, so the layout is no joke, lol, even though it looks like one.

Blub
Storm Trooper

Post#6 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:50 pm

Thanks all for your valuable feedback! I really hoped that at least one out of three main contributors to this forum would respond to my query and I am stunned that all three did.

Alright, I adjusted my base layout inspired by your all instructions and mkenobi’s screenshot. I activated reinforced walls and HQ in the armory (which are only lvl 2 and 3 atm) and still need to test how it will work now.

I am not afraid to use my heroes for HD, resources are not an issue in this game so far. Airstrikes are kind of a pain as it takes ages to re-build them and I try to never use my Squad units, but maybe I should do more often.

Most likely HD will be still hard and GR is key for sure, so I just need to be patient and complete dailies on all planets.

I would have one more question besides main topic (I am sorry): Initially I wanted to level the HQ6 base directly to HQ8 once I unlocked all Jump skins, however, I have the goat feeling that just unlocking the skins will not be sufficient?

Alright, I am to stupid to upload a small file, what I am doing wrong? (Fixed)

Moderator Note: Image Host Imgbb requires a certain format for posting on Forums. See Embed Codes and look for BBCode. Simply copy / paste BBCode into Forum Post.

UPDATE:

Gosh, you advises are golden! Especially to have the wall just to the south. Before I thought it would be wise also having the base fully surrounded by walls so that units just cannot go around. But especially this walking time like the Wookies go around to target my turrents gives valuable time for either getting them killed by my heros or just time goes by.

Latest tries:

Dandoran: 3* victory due to new base layout and the AT-ACT skin
Tat: Lucky 3* victory due to units first wave killed all my heros but the leftover single guy took his time to shoot through the double wall, then slowly shooting down my base but came just to 27% destruction as the time elapsed.
Hoth: Still to be done

Amazing results, thank you so much all!
Last edited by DeathStriker on Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Corrected Link to Show Image

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#7 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:25 am

Hoth is the easiest planet to HD once you unlock mhc gr and the cold weather mhc.

DeathStriker

Post#8 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:08 am

Blub wrote:Thanks all for your valuable feedback! I really hoped that at least one out of three main contributors to this forum would respond to my query and I am stunned that all three did.

{snip}

Amazing results, thank you so much all!

Blub - It is my recommendation that for HQ 8 and Lower you should keep your Medals to 10,000 or Less (the lower the better) to maintain reasonable PvP Matchmaking.

:arrow: Plan on staying at HQ 8 for a Year or more. At that Level it is the easiest to get Frags via HD "events", Planetary Objectives, and of course SWC Events. Conflicts are a different story.

:arrow: Accumulation of Medals is a "end-game" process, that is wait until you upgrade to HQ 9 or higher before you worry about collecting Medals.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#9 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:07 am

Boog wrote:I 3*'d >95% of my hd's with a prestige mini base and only 2 level 1 turrets/1 shield. It is very do-able at any level, and is way easier at 6 than 11. It is much easier once you unlock guard reserve, in particular MHC guard reserve. My prestige base now has 22 turrets, some at high level and some at level 7-8, but I win HD"s the same way that I did with only two turrets. I mainly rely on GR, and hide the turrets and shields in the north end of the base. This forces the turret and shield hunters to suicide; they are mostly killed by my cannons, which are set so the are stuck on the lower corners of the base. The design isn't too different from mkenobi's, although I recommend getting the shields closer to the edges. It forces juggs to go up the sides, and keeps them from just plowing through you walls in the middle of you base, which is a problem.

Anyway, I don't have any screenshots of the design at level 6, but you can look up FarmerT's base in Crimson_Alliance for ideas. And ask around (but do not post here) for tips on deploying the SC 'properly', which helps a TON. The base design I use looks ridiculous and counter-intuitive, but it works by baiting the attacking troops to walk by my mhc's and get wasted (rodians, storms, and bikes help, too). That base is now maxed out on HD's, and has level IX/X GR, so the layout is no joke, lol, even though it looks like one.

Do you have a screenshot of your prestige mini? I have a rebel Prestige mini that I gave up on HDs with back at HQ8.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#10 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:28 am

strawman3125 wrote:
Boog wrote:I 3*'d >95% of my hd's with a prestige mini base and only 2 level 1 turrets/1 shield. It is very do-able at any level, and is way easier at 6 than 11. It is much easier once you unlock guard reserve, in particular MHC guard reserve. My prestige base now has 22 turrets, some at high level and some at level 7-8, but I win HD"s the same way that I did with only two turrets. I mainly rely on GR, and hide the turrets and shields in the north end of the base. This forces the turret and shield hunters to suicide; they are mostly killed by my cannons, which are set so the are stuck on the lower corners of the base. The design isn't too different from mkenobi's, although I recommend getting the shields closer to the edges. It forces juggs to go up the sides, and keeps them from just plowing through you walls in the middle of you base, which is a problem.

Do you have a screenshot of your prestige mini? I have a rebel Prestige mini that I gave up on HDs with back at HQ8.

I'll look and see if I saved one. It was similar in the south to what it is now. I had one level 1 shield (to cover the strix) up near the top corner on the edge. Having one shield helps a TON, because it lures the juggs to the edges where they are easily killed. Without that shield, they are more of a pain in the ass to handle.

The turrets were up and out of the way, and usually never fired a shot.

Return to “General Tips”