The Game Is Just About Dead

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
CoolGuy
Admiral

Re: The Game Is Just About Dead

Post#11 » Wed May 15, 2019 8:49 am

Jaykoz3 wrote:This happens EVERY time there is an EP event....more players are actively playing, therefore there aren't as many "live" bases available to attack. This is why you are seeing more dev bases. Also, in the crunch to earn EP and bonus crates most players would rather attack dev bases to get EP faster.

It's not very difficult to understand.

But hey.......keep crying wolf!

And if you read my post carefully you would see one of my primary suggestions is to reduce the rewards for attacking dev bases to force people to have to attack real bases. And I'm seeing lots of real bases. But hey..... thanks for your non-constructive criticism.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#12 » Wed May 15, 2019 9:38 am

bob1084 wrote:Every time this is brought up the same answer is the key. YOU HAVE TO HAVE DEV BASE FOR NO CNFO..... SO-add GR, turret skins and sc troops to them. Change nothing in terms of what they give for loot or conflict points. Simple fix on the devs part.

The problem with doing this is the faction that has been fed these crap bases have never learned just how hard it is to consistently hit actual bases. And maybe would see just how idiotic this whole GR mess is

I have been thinking for 4 years where all the bases of players who have left the game since the SWC was launched have been. There are thousands of bases that have simply disappeared from PvP because their owners have been inactive for months or simply deleted the game forever.

Where are these bases? Why Devs do not keep all these real bases available to attack even after they become inactive the same way they were when they disappeared from the servers, with GR, and all the active Armory crap, plus dekas and traps, and people saying that the Dev bases need to have Armory units maybe stay satisfied.

Or to prevent CNFO and give players a real challenge, make the Dev bases a mirror of live bases if they are under protection. Change players names to prevent these players to become a joke about being attacked, when actually they weren't, but only a mirror of their bases. With the right adjusts, you can't say if that was a Dev base or a live base.

At least, these bases won't have troops in SC, unless Devs put troops and wants to explain how that base has troops in SC if the base isn't in any squad... Just my thoughts. Don't shoot me. :D
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation. Currently in "Giveandgettroops" (Level 50 Imperial Squad) and "SevenOfNine2" Level 50 Rebel Squad -- training squads, everyone is welcome!

Atom
Captain

Post#13 » Wed May 15, 2019 9:47 am

Sorry to appear daft, but how do you tell a dev base? I often guess im fighting a dev base but and also often surprised when i see sc troops. How would I know? Without looking up names on gsow?

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#14 » Wed May 15, 2019 9:52 am

Atom wrote:Sorry to appear daft, but how do you tell a dev base? I often guess im fighting a dev base but and also often surprised when i see sc troops. How would I know? Without looking up names on gsow?

Dev bases do not have GR activated, and have a high amount of loot.

Atom
Captain

Post#15 » Wed May 15, 2019 9:55 am

CoolGuy wrote:
Atom wrote:Sorry to appear daft, but how do you tell a dev base? I often guess im fighting a dev base but and also often surprised when i see sc troops. How would I know? Without looking up names on gsow?

Ok, thanks. I guess some of them are not necessarily dev bases though as i often dont bother putting up my defences at all and i always have loot. Can i just say also, don't mean to p*ss you off, but i wish people wouldn't keep writing that this game is dead. its not to me, and if a newcomer came to this forum and saw that straightaway they would be put of even bothering. saying that helps it happen

JARJAR
Major General

Post#16 » Wed May 15, 2019 10:03 am

in the past I have seen low level devs base with GR, level 10 or prestige no GR activated

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#17 » Wed May 15, 2019 10:09 am

Atom wrote:
CoolGuy wrote:

Ok, thanks. I guess some of them are not necessarily dev bases though as i often dont bother putting up my defences at all and i always have loot. Can i just say also, don't mean to p*ss you off, but i wish people wouldn't keep writing that this game is dead. its not to me, and if a newcomer came to this forum and saw that straightaway they would be put of even bothering. saying that helps it happen

Unfortunately for those of us who have reached Prestige, maxed medals and basic frags there is very little to play for. And we face only opponents at our level or much tougher. A successful attack means using your SC and lots of airstrikes, and so the reload time is significant.

Tamarack
Commodore

Post#18 » Wed May 15, 2019 11:25 am

I have mixed feelings about this post. I have really pulled back in my gameplay since the fall. I left my original squad in order to play with a new "active squad". That squad has now gone the way of inactivity and I've actually become the leader of SleepOverClub due to people leaving.

I've been playing a bit more here in this event, to get the frags to update my tank skin. But I didn't unlock the new unit last event as I didn't want to fight for frags.

Every time I try to do a squad war we are matched with 15 prestige rebels who destroy us in 15 minutes. So the squad doesn't even try.

I find that my android tablet is slow when I play the game and chat doesn't work. When I put in a ticket on it I was told "it was a known error".

The game is still alive but to me it is ... meh. It feels a bit dead as nobody talks anymore and it is just basic maintenance work on the base now.

:(

Tamarack
Former leader of Dark-Plague and current defacto leader (because the rest of them left) of Sleepoverclub
Leader of Sleepoverclub because all of the other people left and I was given the default leadership!

Support me in the 2018 Extra-Life Marathon #FTK #extralife @extralife4kids

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#19 » Wed May 15, 2019 11:49 am

Tamarack wrote:I have mixed feelings about this post. I have really pulled back in my gameplay since the fall. I left my original squad in order to play with a new "active squad". That squad has now gone the way of inactivity and I've actually become the leader of SleepOverClub due to people leaving.

I've been playing a bit more here in this event, to get the frags to update my tank skin. But I didn't unlock the new unit last event as I didn't want to fight for frags.

Every time I try to do a squad war we are matched with 15 prestige rebels who destroy us in 15 minutes. So the squad doesn't even try.

I find that my android tablet is slow when I play the game and chat doesn't work. When I put in a ticket on it I was told "it was a known error".

The game is still alive but to me it is ... meh. It feels a bit dead as nobody talks anymore and it is just basic maintenance work on the base now.

:(

Tamarack
Former leader of Dark-Plague and current defacto leader (because the rest of them left) of Sleepoverclub

I create these posts to generate discussion and hope that Zynga reads and takes some action. But I have the feeling that Zynga is not going to make any major changes and will just roll out old Events and Conflicts. Along the way they will suck up as many crystal purchases as possible, and as soon as the game is no longer profitable it will be shut down.

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#20 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:45 pm

mkenobi wrote:
bob1084 wrote:Every time this is brought up the same answer is the key. YOU HAVE TO HAVE DEV BASE FOR NO CNFO..... SO-add GR, turret skins and sc troops to them. Change nothing in terms of what they give for loot or conflict points. Simple fix on the devs part.

The problem with doing this is the faction that has been fed these crap bases have never learned just how hard it is to consistently hit actual bases. And maybe would see just how idiotic this whole GR mess is

I have been thinking for 4 years where all the bases of players who have left the game since the SWC was launched have been. There are thousands of bases that have simply disappeared from PvP because their owners have been inactive for months or simply deleted the game forever.

Where are these bases? Why Devs do not keep all these real bases available to attack even after they become inactive the same way they were when they disappeared from the servers, with GR, and all the active Armory crap, plus dekas and traps, and people saying that the Dev bases need to have Armory units maybe stay satisfied.

Or to prevent CNFO and give players a real challenge, make the Dev bases a mirror of live bases if they are under protection. Change players names to prevent these players to become a joke about being attacked, when actually they weren't, but only a mirror of their bases. With the right adjusts, you can't say if that was a Dev base or a live base.

At least, these bases won't have troops in SC, unless Devs put troops and wants to explain how that base has troops in SC if the base isn't in any squad... Just my thoughts. Don't shoot me. :D

If I were a dev on this game I would have made it so that the dev bases looked exactly like real player bases so that the players could not tell the difference. From the players perspective it would be all PVP!

Return to “General Discussions”