EVENT: Questionable Cargo 2 (Rogue One Event #4) - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Re: EVENT: Questionable Cargo 2 (Rogue One Event #4) - Discussion Topic

Post#121 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:08 am

Shelendil wrote:
strawman3125 wrote:
Ghostie wrote:Good thread guys....Good luck chasing those crates lots of relevant units and skins in this event.

900 EP sucks for bonus crates … I hope they reduce in the future, but on the bright side the samples are awesome and the bonus crates have 5 draws which is really nice.

Which skins do you use?

The only one that I am interested in now is the Tog frags...

The TXs were replaced with buses in my loadouts
The Fangs are slower to cook and take more space than the HWKs for the same damage
The Drabatans I only use to fill 4 free spots in SC fills....

I am curious to see how players are using some of these units.

I use TX from two factories, wagons from the third when attacking dev bases.

The fangs are only slower if you leveled them past the sweet spot. They kill most things at level 4 with a cook time of only 12 minutes. Sometimes it takes two hwk to kill what one fang will kill. Granted this means I am not interested in more frags for them. ;)

The drabs are a staple in wars, especially no-op.

Agree. My loadout is the same for my Imperial and Rebel Prestige. Because the abusive amount of EP I'm sitting out both bases for the rest of the Event and playing only with my HQ 8, HQ 9 and my two HQ 6.

I don't have the Wookie Wagon for my Rebel Prestige and have the Imperial Truck for my Imperial Prestige only level 2, but I don't use it. My 3 factories are building tanks for TXs (I have the skins level 8 for both Prestige). I deploy 1 gamo or Ithorian/Kubaz to distract turrets and drop TXs right on them, and Jumps/Jets to clean around.

My starships is always half of Ties/Xs with Level 3 Tie Brute/U Wing skins, and Striker/Fang level 6, and with one shot they can blow every troop around. I like to drop Fang/Striker over SC when SC troops start to dance around it and kill every one -- if aren't jets/jumps of course. I will keep them at level 6 due to their 16 min of cooking time.

Note: because of high cooking time and huge amount of frags, the Tie Striker/Fang Fighters could be the only starships able to kill fliers -- maybe they release a ship able to do this in the future.

I have Security Droid and Drabatan maxed out but don't use them since I was HQ 7 when they were released and I could unlock both in the first Rogue One Event. In that time, I used to put a Drabatan and the midlle of a bunch of heavies with 1-2 medics and sit and watch they clean an entire base. Good times before the Jet/Jump epidemic. :D
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#122 » Fri May 17, 2019 9:54 am

Shelendil wrote:
strawman3125 wrote:
Ghostie wrote:Good thread guys....Good luck chasing those crates lots of relevant units and skins in this event.

900 EP sucks for bonus crates … I hope they reduce in the future, but on the bright side the samples are awesome and the bonus crates have 5 draws which is really nice.

Which skins do you use?

The Fangs are slower to cook and take more space than the HWKs for the same damage

I use TX from two factories, wagons from the third when attacking dev bases.

The fangs are only slower if you leveled them past the sweet spot. They kill most things at level 4 with a cook time of only 12 minutes. Sometimes it takes two hwk to kill what one fang will kill. Granted this means I am not interested in more frags for them. ;)

The drabs are a staple in wars, especially no-op.

The base cook time for HWKs (lvl 1-5) is 9 minutes vs Fang (lvl 1-4) at 12 minutes. (I usually attack once every 9 minutes and if I needed one air support per attack the HWKs keep up but I need to take a break and let the Fangs catch up.)

My squads don't normally do no-op wars... is almost doubling the cook time for drabs worth increasing them to level 5?

Ghostie
Major General

Post#123 » Fri May 17, 2019 12:11 pm

strawman3125 wrote:

Which skins do you use?

I use Strikers in every loadout if I can. Cook time on these is high for me because I have them at level 10, but very useful for taking out squad center troops/vehicles. I prefer them over the VT-49 which I have at Prestige.

Security Droids just might be one of my favorite units...I never go into a battle without one. I use them mainly on Deka Sentinels. One grenade and 1 jump trooper with level 10 skins will take out any level 50 Droideka Sentinel. You can also use them to clear real estate very quickly once their grenade detonates and your troops are targeting the same area.

TX tanks... I don't really use anymore. Before we got Jump skins TX tanks were my go to and very effective. I have them maxed but all they do now is collect dust. On the otherhand TX samples are the bomb in wars...so overpowered...use them most of the time whenever Tattoine is in play.
"Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

wesman21
Commodore

Post#124 » Fri May 17, 2019 12:20 pm

Excellent tips Ghostie, might have to try some!

DeathStriker

Post#125 » Sat May 18, 2019 5:12 am

CONFLICT UCL STATS - Week #2 - Initial:

ULTRA CHROME LEVELS (UCL)
    ==================
    PLANET - GEARS - % - TIME
    ==================
    Tat - 9,505 - 2.01% - 4d 18h
    Yav - 14,865 - 1.88% - 5d 3h
    Tak - 16,588 - 2.00% - 4d 6h **
    ==================
    ** GSoW Values Shown due to No Player Submited Data.

PLEASE NOTE:

1. This data comes from the UCL LINE Chat created by rRr that is contributed to by members voluntarily.
    2. In that chat group, people post the threshold of UCL to within the range 1.8 - 2.2% and the amount of time left in the conflict.
    3. This is just a look at the most recent UCL Stats as of this Forum Posting and is subject to change.
    4. Use the above Info for decision making purposes.

GSoW CONFLICT TRACKER: Click here for Real Time (current) Conflict Stats. **Only Active During Conflicts**

Post any comments below...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

DeathStriker

Post#126 » Sat May 18, 2019 5:14 am

MY EVENT STATUS (Week #2):

Overnight I completed Research on all 3 of my Accounts. Here is where I stand.

1. HQ 11 - Objective 16/25 Completed.
  2. HQ 8 - Objective 16/25 Completed.
  3. HQ 6 - Objective 11/25 Completed (Started 1 day late)
And the Elite Crate Chase continues...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#127 » Sat May 18, 2019 9:59 am

DeathStriker wrote:MY EVENT STATUS (Week #2):

Overnight I completed Research on all 3 of my Accounts. Here is where I stand.

1. HQ 11 - Objective 16/25 Completed.
  2. HQ 8 - Objective 16/25 Completed.
  3. HQ 6 - Objective 11/25 Completed (Started 1 day late)
And the Elite Crate Chase continues...

Nice job, DS!

My Event status is:

Imperial Prestige not participating
Imperial HQ 6, Rebel HQ 6, Rebel HQ 8, and Rebel HQ 9 researching for #17 (4h)
Rebel Prestige researching for #9 (2h)

I delayed the entry of my Rebel Prestige in 1 day to give time to reach the Objectives that require more research time for the smaller accounts, and use this time to get the high EPs for my Prestige without delaying the time of return with my lower bases. I just want to finish the Event, receive the Crate with the frags for Fang and then have the option to upgrade it, if one day I want to ruin its building time - currently in 16min at Level 6 -- to 20min at Level 7. :)

Good luck to everyone!
SWC Windows survivor.

If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#128 » Sat May 18, 2019 2:42 pm

LOL I never use probe droids and I just dropped 30 of them to complete the objective and they got wiped out by the first wave of guard reserve (no turrets were within range). It is immensely entertaining to me that an entire loadout of a unit designed to take out troops, could not take out one wave of GR!

Spock
Grand Admiral

Post#129 » Sat May 18, 2019 4:51 pm

I did the same with the probe droids. A good way to use that excess inventory of samples.
Man they really need a buff and a drop in uc. Or worst case an Armory skin.

The timing has worked out well for me this round and I started stage 21 tonight.
Next up will be that dreaded destroy over 200 turrets stage. Fun way to start the day tomorrow. :)

Leader of the Imperial_Enclave.

Check out our YouTube channel with OVER 1 THOUSAND no outpost replays being shared. Quite possibly the largest collection of commander replays out there.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCW4iVRbrSDJHTBZobNNy7LA

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#130 » Sat May 18, 2019 5:12 pm

I love these objectives of dump units, it's the best chance to clean my HQ of all the crap the game gives you.

My Prestige Rebel is late, so I only did the deploy 219 troops so far, and it was fun filling up the transport with 132 little soldiers and dropping everything on the first base I found. Luck was a Prestige Base Dev and I just had to keep clicking and they were destroying the base just like the deads attacking Winterfell in the episode of Game of Thrones that passed. :lol:

I had two stars, but in the second attack I dropped more 132 soldiers against a Live Base and they were falling one by one against the GR and turrets, but got 47%. I dropped Kessen and used a ship to get 50% in the end just not to give the victory to the defender. :lol:
SWC Windows survivor.

Return to “General Discussions”