Defensive GR - Melee Bruiser

Tips and Strategies for Defending Rivals.
Werowe4
Captain

Defensive GR - Melee Bruiser

Post#1 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:01 pm

Also for my lower level account (again, lvl 8 imperial), while I like the combination with the interceptor skin for Hoth defense, in your opinion, at what point does the Melee Bruiser (dewbacks for imperial) cease to be effective/optimal on defense (especially considering the dewback’s ineffectiveness against fliers) and which GR, if any, would you recommend to replace it? Currently, on that account, for non-Hoth defense (and besides the 1 slot I use for turret enhancement - see my other thread), I use the sniper, light infantry and melee bruiser GR’s active (haven’t unlocked the Rodian skin on that account).
- Werowe4 | Sanctuary_reboot Officer
Sanctuary_reboot is recruiting active, lvl 6+ imperials. We’re a close-knit squad whose members are mostly active daily and very supportive; your SC will never go empty with us. For more: https://tinyurl.com/y5pun3j8

DeathStriker

Re: Defensive GR - Melee Bruiser

Post#2 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:40 pm

Werowe4 wrote:...at what point does the Melee Bruiser (dewbacks for imperial) cease to be effective/optimal on defense (especially considering the dewback’s ineffectiveness against fliers) and which GR, if any, would you recommend to replace it?

Werowe4 - The Sniper GR coupled with the Rodan Skin (Sharpshooter GR / Sullustan Skin for Rebels) effectively replaces the Melee Bruiser on most Planets.

That said, I have seen some Empire Commanders use both on Hoth (Sniper GR / Rodan + Melee Brusier GR / Modified INT-4 Interceptor), but that seems more rare these days.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#3 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:40 pm

For a level 8, I would only run sniper/rodian Elite buffs with walls and burst turret heat sink/mounting. And run 16 burst turrets. I won plenty of defenses as high medal level 8 with that setup, when I was mostly attacked by 10's. It would only be easier now that only 9's and lower draw level 8's.

Harshit
Major General

Post#4 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:01 pm

Melee Bruisers may be only useful on hoth and for those who dont have sniper GR or rodian skin and also when combined with tauntaun/interceptor skin due to their huge boost in health the spawned units will have a quite good amount of health and the attacker's units will take more time to take them down further slowing them down.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

Werowe4
Captain

Post#5 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:01 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys but, as I said, my secondary account hasn’t unlocked the Rodian skin yet so I can’t run that combo (my main prestige base runs it though). Without the Rodian, and assuming a non-Hoth defense, though, any thoughts on any of the other GR’s to replace the melee (except for light infantry which I already have that account also using)? I haven’t used the other ones on defense much except for the speeder early on with my main account (dumped b/c of the persistently low levels/staying power of the spawned units).

Boog, in response to your comment specifically, with all bursts have you had good experience with dealing with rebel vehicles? I’ve been noticing an uptick in rebel vehicle use over the past couple months hence why I’ve been keeping at least some rockets in place (for both of my accounts).
Sanctuary_reboot is recruiting active, lvl 6+ imperials. We’re a close-knit squad whose members are mostly active daily and very supportive; your SC will never go empty with us. For more: https://tinyurl.com/y5pun3j8

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#6 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:09 pm

All bursts work fine against vehicles, but it is important to shield the bursts with junk buildings. This will cause hailfires sometimes to move around the junk buildings towards their target, and brings them in range of other bursts. It sounds unlikely, but it happens. I won 700-800 defenses at level 8, and I was medal-capped the last couple months (I camped there for about a year to max out my research).

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#7 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:06 pm

Werowe4 wrote:Thanks for the feedback guys but, as I said, my secondary account hasn’t unlocked the Rodian skin yet so I can’t run that combo (my main prestige base runs it though). Without the Rodian, and assuming a non-Hoth defense, though, any thoughts on any of the other GR’s to replace the melee (except for light infantry which I already have that account also using)? I haven’t used the other ones on defense much except for the speeder early on with my main account (dumped b/c of the persistently low levels/staying power of the spawned units).

Boog, in response to your comment specifically, with all bursts have you had good experience with dealing with rebel vehicles? I’ve been noticing an uptick in rebel vehicle use over the past couple months hence why I’ve been keeping at least some rockets in place (for both of my accounts).

If you can't skin the snipers, skin the light infantry instead of running the third GR.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

Werowe4
Captain

Post#8 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:13 am

Shelendil wrote:
Werowe4 wrote:Thanks for the feedback guys but, as I said, my secondary account hasn’t unlocked the Rodian skin yet so I can’t run that combo (my main prestige base runs it though). Without the Rodian, and assuming a non-Hoth defense, though, any thoughts on any of the other GR’s to replace the melee (except for light infantry which I already have that account also using)? I haven’t used the other ones on defense much except for the speeder early on with my main account (dumped b/c of the persistently low levels/staying power of the spawned units).

If you can't skin the snipers, skin the light infantry instead of running the third GR.

I’ll try that and see how it goes. Thanks!

Return to “Defending Rivals”