Turret Equipment - Heat Sink or Mounting?

Tips and Strategies for Defending Rivals.
Werowe4
Captain

Turret Equipment - Heat Sink or Mounting?

Post#1 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:34 pm

For my lower level account (lvl 8 imperial), after my three Barracks GR’s, I have space for one turret enhancement (all the turrets on the base are either burst, ~60%, or rocket). In your opinion, what’s the better choice (either specifically for this situation or generally speaking) to have active for defense: enhanced heat sink or reinforced mounting?
- Werowe4 | Sanctuary_reboot Officer
Sanctuary_reboot is recruiting active, lvl 6+ imperials. We’re a close-knit squad whose members are mostly active daily and very supportive; your SC will never go empty with us. For more: https://tinyurl.com/y5pun3j8

DeathStriker

Re: Turret Equipment - Heat Sink or Mounting?

Post#2 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:45 pm

Werowe4 wrote:For my lower level account (lvl 8 imperial), after my three Barracks GR’s, I have space for one turret enhancement (all the turrets on the base are either burst, ~60%, or rocket). In your opinion, what’s the better choice (either specifically for this situation or generally speaking) to have active for defense: enhanced heat sink or reinforced mounting?

Werowe4...

• For Turret Equipment I recommend Enhanced Heat Sink over Reinforced Mounting.
  • For Turrets I recommend Burst over Rockets.
So your answer is Burst Enhanced Heat Sink.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Werowe4
Captain

Post#3 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:52 pm

DeathStriker wrote:
Werowe4 wrote:For my lower level account (lvl 8 imperial), after my three Barracks GR’s, I have space for one turret enhancement (all the turrets on the base are either burst, ~60%, or rocket). In your opinion, what’s the better choice (either specifically for this situation or generally speaking) to have active for defense: enhanced heat sink or reinforced mounting?

Werowe4...

• For Turret Equipment I recommend Enhanced Heat Sink over Reinforced Mounting.
  • For Turrets I recommend Burst over Rockets.
So your answer is Burst Enhanced Heat Sink.

Thanks, Deathstriker. Yep, that’s what I thought too (and have been using for now). I was hoping to see some more feedback though; I’m curious as to whether there’s a general consensus on this among the players. Thanks though!
Sanctuary_reboot is recruiting active, lvl 6+ imperials. We’re a close-knit squad whose members are mostly active daily and very supportive; your SC will never go empty with us. For more: https://tinyurl.com/y5pun3j8

Trammel
Captain

Post#4 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:28 pm

Agreed with you both, Burst Enhanced Heat Sink is the way to go. Methinks that the key is speed, and the Heat Sink enhancement gives you speed. A good defence must cause as much damage as possible within the shortest time. What the Reinforced Mounting hopes to do (I think) is to help your turrets survive for a second volley of fire. But this is inadequate.

A jetpack trooper with only 10% health causes as much damage as a jetpack trooper with 100% health. That flier with 10% remaining health may go on and on destroying your other buildings -- the ones that can't shoot back. So long as you don't kill each attacking jetpack trooper, each of them will continue to cause full damage on your defences.

Your replays would have shown that the exchange between one segment/cluster of your bursts against a swarm of buffed jetpack troopers lasts just 1 or 2 seconds. The Enhanced Heat Sink will ensure that within those 1-2 seconds, your bursts will take down at least one or more of those fliers, and this has an exponential effect against them. Removing one attacker after another as fast as possible ensures that there are less Rebel guns trained on your next layer of buildings. Reinforced Mounting may allow an individual turret to last longer against an individual attacker, but against a swarm of fliers, it does not help much me thinks.

Off tangent a bit -- Does the Armory ever provide any enhancement for Sonic Cannon Turrets? I've played the game since early 2018 and have not obtained any fragments for them.

Kind regards

Trammel
Empire

Harshit
Admiral

Post#5 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:48 pm

Trammel wrote:Off tangent a bit -- Does the Armory ever provide any enhancement for Sonic Cannon Turrets? I've played the game since early 2018 and have not obtained any fragments for them.

Kind regards

Trammel
Empire

Trammel- So far we have not got any turret skins for sonics right now. You can search your armoury and you will find no Enhanced Heat sink or Reinforced mounting for Sonic turrets.Maybe we will get those in future events but is highly unlikely.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

Werowe4
Captain

Post#6 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:59 am

Harshit wrote:
Trammel wrote:Off tangent a bit -- Does the Armory ever provide any enhancement for Sonic Cannon Turrets? I've played the game since early 2018 and have not obtained any fragments for them.

Kind regards

Trammel
Empire

Trammel- So far we have not got any turret skins for sonics right now. You can search your armoury and you will find no Enhanced Heat sink or Reinforced mounting for Sonic turrets.Maybe we will get those in future events but is highly unlikely.

I hope we don’t get skins for the sonic cannons (at least not an enhanced damage skin; mounting I’d be open to). At 49% damage, they hurt enough as it is; anymore would make sonic cannon farms virtually unapproachable without sacrificing multiple units. The only way I see to balance an enhanced damage skin for the Sonics would be to up the uc limits.

Harshit
Admiral

Post#7 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:39 pm

Werowe4 wrote:
Harshit wrote:

Kind regards

Trammel
Empire

I hope we don’t get skins for the sonic cannons (at least not an enhanced damage skin; mounting I’d be open to). At 49% damage, they hurt enough as it is; anymore would make sonic cannon farms virtually unapproachable without sacrificing multiple units. The only way I see to balance an enhanced damage skin for the Sonics would be to up the uc limits.

The easiest way to deal with sonics is whan you have deployed your main forces just keep deploying 1 soldier in front of sonics and then they will need to recharge for a quite amount in the mean time they get destroyed by your main forces.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

Trammel
Captain

Post#8 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:50 am

Harshit wrote:

Kind regards

Trammel
Empire

Thanks Harshit; I guess that is fair. Their damage and infinite "projectile" range make them overpowered already.

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#9 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:18 am

I use mostly bursts and I ALWAYS use BOTH enhanced heat sink and reinforced mounting!

I am not sure which I would choose if I could only choose one... enhanced heat sinks maybe...

One thing that hasn't been mentioned about the reinforced mounting is that it moves more of your bases total health into the turrets meaning that your opponent has to destroy more of them to get those 1 and 2 star wins.

To say that another way: When I have reinforced mounting OFF and the enemy destroys all of my buildings outside of the burst turret wall, they get, say, 35% base damage, but if I have reinforced mounting ON those same building are only worth 20% base damage. This helps immensely with HD and preventing attacking players from getting that 50% needed for a 1 star, they actually have to take some of the turrets out to get a win.

My HQ 8 armoury for defense was:
burst enhanced heat sink
burst reinforced mounting
GR sniper or sharpie
sniper or sharpie skin
reinforced walls

Neil1234
Officer

Post#10 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:57 am

The heat sink buff comes into effect as soon as a target is in range of your turret, whereas the reinforced mounting is only of use once your turret is already taking damage by which time the turret will not be around for long either way.

Neil of PinkFloyd

Return to “Defending Rivals”