I've been a fan from this side for a while. I've use it as my primary source of news regarding the game but this is the first time i'm posting.
Throughout 3+ years of playing the game I've collected several ideas on how to make the game better:
From the point of view of a 3+ years imperial faction player:
1- There are troops, vehicles, ships, heroes and mercenaries that are not used much in the game because they are not very relevant, they do not provide great benefit in comparison with other units. The first thing is to implement analytics so that the developers can obtain real data and you can see for themselves based in facts not in comments.
Several units are not used in the higher levels because they do not compete with the power offered by Jumpers and Snipers. I consider that every unit should be as useful in level 1 like all other levels if not then why have it if it will only be used in start levels and then it will only be ignored and will be occupying dead space.
Instead of thinking about creating new units and continuing to saturate the barracks and factories, these unusable units can be replaced or modified in order to motivate their use and that at the same time attract new players. This may also peed this a little bit and create an instant impact, a huge one in the game:
- Replace the Phase II Dark Trooper with the Death Trooper. Both units have a similar purpose in going after turrets as a priority although with different capacity. Putting the Death Trooper as a regular troop can be better exploited than as a hero, you just have to adjust your abilities to be more suitable as a troop.
- When moving the Death Trooper, in its place put new hero Darth Maul with mechanical legs with special force explosion attack and have an effect similar to that of the Twi'lek Incinerators.
- Replace the Ognidae Oppressor by the Royal Guard Hero since both have similar purpose in attacking the troop as main target. It would be a slight upgrade on the Ognidae. The imperial guard ceases to be relevant at high levels and with this change may motivate its use. On the other hand i assure you the Ognidae is one of the most disliked units in the game.
- Instead of the Royal Guard put a new unit Hero Bobba Fett with a special air attack, you can use the jumper mold but put on steroids and with a flamethrower similar to the Twi'lek. This proposal would be a great incentive for players to activate and even come new as it is one of the most admired characters in the entire saga.
- Replace the imperial scout with the imperial pilot since they also have similar purposes but the pilot is obviously superior. The pilot can acquire his Tie Fighter attack call when the player unlocks the star command and the tie fighter. Also the Scout is very similar to the Sniper scout so it won't be missed.
- Redesign the Lin droid with a more attractive design as is very deficient. It is well intentioned so a lift up in the shop should help to make it relevant.
- Redesign the unit A-LT turret slicer, its design is too deficient, not on par with what we are used to in Star Wars, it also occupies 13 spaces and is much for a non-relevant unit. The new design can be something similar to a IT-O Interrogator droid.
- The killer droid IG-86 is excellent the idea of having it but it must be more resistant as it dies rapidly, also with a little more offensive capability. Maybe think to add a different purpose than going after the turrets (like the dark soldier). He should also be in the canteen as a mercenary instead of the barracks, so a bit of space is released from the barracks.
- Replace the AT-MP with a new unit that occupies less than 15 spaces and with better design and more impact power. This unit is the one I've heard the most that is despised by the players. Bringing something from the secret archives of the empire would be an excellent idea, just as done with the MTV-7.
2- Another attractive improvement that the game can have is that when moving into another planet some heroes can change based on skins depending on the planet. Just like the stormtrooper, shoretrooper and snowtroopers. For example applying this to Heroes, in green planets you can choose Kylo Ren, in desert planets General Grievous and in Hoth another fan favorite Asajj Ventress. Having this will blow us in awe!
3- Have a new Droid Factory building where to access only droids and we can have access to new units that can be bought (business opportunity for you) or advance in exclusive events. You can move to this Droid Factory the Droid Probe, Droid Repair, IG-86, Imperial Astromedic, Lin-Demolitionmech.Security Droid and the A-LT Turret Slicer.
New units HK series assassin droid (KOTOR) with specialty in killing troop units. Commando Droid (The Clone Wars) with specialty in destroying mechanical units.
4- Add new Mercenaries in the Cantina. Give the opportunity to Legacy units that have fascinated all the fans over the years
- Trandoshan hunter specialty in killing other mercs and snipers.
- Mandalore Commando with the ability to deactivate traps and fly over walls. Similar but superior to the Jumper trooper.
- Duros specialist that attacks barracks and factories exclusively.
- Make the Dowutin hunter more relevant please, it doesn't stay alive in the battlefield. Add more effect to his grenade may this helps a bit.
5- An improvement in functionality that can motivate the player community is to be able to upgrade simultaneously 1 troop unit, hero, vehicle or ship and at the same time one of the perks (skins). This will help a lot in the advancement of units and improvements since the current scheme makes it too slow to make upgrades.
6- Proposal for level 9 to have access to a new anti-ship turret, similar as level 8 we gain access to the Sonic Cannon Turrets. It will be of great support to balance the attacks of ships.
7- Design of Prestige buildings. Change the excess of golden color in the Imperial bases and the excess of silver in the Rebel bases. They look like Vegas casinos, they do not look like military bases, as they were at level 10 they were better. In favor of the Prestige level it is good to have a bit of gold and silver correspondingly, only accents not in the structures not based on those tones in their vast majority.
8- Improvements in Squad war:
have a new option that you can choose to play without OPS as this is the option to choose play vs the same faction.
The Matchmaking criteria must definitely be changed. It must be modified to the strength of the bases and some type of measure that indicates the real offensive capacity of the players according to the units they have available and the level at which they have them.
For the matchmaking in regular attacks take into account also the level of the skins.
9- The capabilities of all the mechanical units, troop, ships, mercenaries, droids and heroes should be the same in both factions and end once and for all with the conflict between players complain that 'their units in the same level are stronger than ours'.
10 - I suggest the creation of new factions in the game. Clones of the Republic and Mandalorians, I will not say more than I think it would give another very interesting dimension to the game, very beneficial to attract new players. As a reference has been done previously in Star Wars GALACTIC BATTLEGROUNDS, perhaps the best proposal that can give a boost to the game.
11- Convert regular construction droids to Prestige, at cost of crystals (more business opportunities for the game)
12- Enable the Sentinel Droideka to be a specialist in killing Jumpers to help a little to counteract the power of the Jumpers and give more value to that unit.
13- Perks, there are several that are very similar and also useless. Resources can be obtain more easily from bases with abundant resources. Proposal of new Perks that reduce the manufacturing time of the units in barracks, factories, Starship Command, Hero Command, Cantina and the proposed Droid Factory. It does not matter that they have a high cost in resources or crystals. It will be a great help to have this perk available to speed up.
14- To be able to save several Layouts of the base in Sullust since it takes too much time to redesign a base. It helps to have quick access to our designs and save us time.
15- Another feature that can add value to the game is to play chapters in each planet just like Tatooine. It would be great to be able to follow that game mode on every planet available. The prize for finishing all the chapters can be to unlock a special unit by means of a special crate.
16- In team wars please get rid of ties, is necessary. Maybe give additional points for getting faster to the 45 uplinks, or perhaps that the planets (factories) are the tie breaker, the one that has most of the planets in their possession.
17- To be able to end the war before 24 hours of its duration at the end of the 45 links on both sides.
18- Have a table of results after wars. with the information of each players attack. just like the updates that show in the game chat during a war. This is necessary so that team leaders can have data on which players are active and who are not, which players meet their assignments and which do not, which players are highlighting their attacks and which are not. I hope the directive team of the game may take into consideration that war is perhaps the most important activity in the game, they have to know that there are several organizations of players that are very active and fight to stay among the top teams in the world. We have advance teams going no Ops, academies to develop new players. Whole structures of organized players that see this game as an everyday activity.
19- Keep a repository of information that we can see all the capabilities of all units and buildings that are in the game. Just like http://www.star-wars-commander-info.com
(not currently updated). To be able to access everything we need to know about each unit and building, how much offensive power and defensive have, the multiplier against troops, vehicles, heroes, ships, mercenaries, walls, turrets, etc. Very important to keep it updated please.
20- Celebrate every movie and series that exists or will exist in the Star Wars Universe with a 2-week event every month of the year. During this event it is possible to obtain fragments of data from units related to film or series (even Galaxy's Edge for promotion purposes). Also get free samples as in most occasions you have done it. The weeks in which there is no special Event to have Conflicts with units that are not promoted in Events.
Well, dreaming doesn't cost anything, it's what I've been thinking through several years of play. I firmly believe that if these proposals are developed it will be very beneficial for both the business of the game and the community of players. Jed-242