Droideka upgrade range per HQ level

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Itsatrap
Squadron Leader

Droideka upgrade range per HQ level

Post#1 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:40 pm

Could any of you fine Commanders please tell me the upgrade range of the Droideka Sentinel and Oppressor that coincides with the HQ level? I have searched for older topics but can't find any info on the level tiers.
"May the force be with us" - GENERAL ACKBAR

Josketer
Commodore

Re: Droideka upgrade range per HQ level

Post#2 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:56 pm

Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 20--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x
Youtube channel : Josketer
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50

DeathStriker

Post#3 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:15 pm

Itsatrap wrote:Could any of you fine Commanders please tell me the upgrade range of the Droideka Sentinel and Oppressor that coincides with the HQ level? I have searched for older topics but can't find any info on the level tiers.

Itsatrap - You can find all the Droideka Sentinel / Droideka Oppressor Info here.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#4 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:04 pm

DeathStriker wrote:
Itsatrap wrote:Could any of you fine Commanders please tell me the upgrade range of the Droideka Sentinel and Oppressor that coincides with the HQ level? I have searched for older topics but can't find any info on the level tiers.

Itsatrap - You can find all the Droideka Sentinel / Droideka Oppressor Info here.

According to this page, Sentinel L50 only needs HQ9. I don’t see how’s this possible given that:
- Upgrade cost for L50 is 790K CBs
- You need CB vault L15 to be able to accumulate 790K CBs
- But to level up CB vault to L15, you need HQ 10

So I’d say the information from that page is not accurate for Sentinel. (it is correct for Oppressor, btw)

Based on upgrade cost:
- Need HQ 10 to level up CB safe house to L9. L8 CB safehouse can only contain up to 310K CBs, good enough for only Oppressor L20 and Sentinel L27.
- So, to upgrade Sentinel to L28 or higher, you need HQ 10
- Similarly, to upgrade Oppressor to L21 or higher, you need HQ 10

Information provided by Josketer was correct !

(My theory is that the information was actually correct for Sentinel originally. But then devs raised upgrade cost for Sentinel but never went back and correct the HQ requirement.)

DesertPyramid
Admiral

Post#5 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:37 pm

Probably a leftover from when L8 was the Max level, then 9 got added... and 10 and Prestige didn’t exist yet and were added beyond that. There was also an adjustment to the costs of the deka upgrades early on when people were able to upgrade too easily... that lasted about a whole 3-days or so before getting nerfed. Short upgrade times were hot fixed and the CB cost jumped up by 2.5-3x. Some players were able to jump from buying the deka to L10 in a few hours. I vaguely remember missing out on the lower costs/times because my droids were all busy while at work... The deka going to L10 was one of the first tangible hints that L9 was not the end.

It was a long time ago, so don’t be too harsh if you remember it differently.
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10+ Perks: L37
Medals: ~49k Deka/o: 50/45 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a

DeathStriker

Post#6 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:37 am

DarkRebel wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:

According to this page, Sentinel L50 only needs HQ9. I don’t see how’s this possible given that:

So I’d say the information from that page is not accurate for Sentinel. (it is correct for Oppressor, btw)

The requirement for the Droideka Sentinel Level 50 needing HQ 9 is accurateper this "other" source found here.

Yes I agree you need Level 10 in order to complete the "other" Upgrade Requirements but since HQ 9 is required starting with Level 34 and you need HQ 9 for HQ 10 the information is correct and changing it (from a Developer Point of View) for the higher levels would be moot.

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#7 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:06 am

DeathStriker wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:Itsatrap - You can find all the Droideka Sentinel / Droideka Oppressor Info here.

The requirement for the Droideka Sentinel Level 50 needing HQ 9 is accurateper this "other" source found here.

Yes I agree you need Level 10 in order to complete the "other" Upgrade Requirements but since HQ 9 is required starting with Level 34 and you need HQ 9 for HQ 10 the information is correct and changing it (from a Developer Point of View) for the higher levels would be moot.

That’s a bunch of crap, DS.

DeathStriker

Post#8 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:15 am

DarkRebel wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:The requirement for the Droideka Sentinel Level 50 needing HQ 9 is accurateper this "other" source found here.

That’s a bunch of crap, DS.

DarkRebel - I am uncertain of what concerns or issues you have with my Post as it is accurate based upon Game Data.

You may be referring that in "reality" you need HQ 10 to upgrade DekA to Level 50, which I agree, but the "requirement" shown in the Game Data is HQ 9. That said, since you need to complete HQ 9 before you complete HQ 10, the Game Data is correct from one point of view, if not a bit confusing.

Itsatrap
Squadron Leader

Post#9 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:31 am

Thanks for the info troops! An odd disparity in HQ level and CB needed. Good to understand it though.
"May the force be with us" - GENERAL ACKBAR

Trammel
Commander

Post#10 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:51 am

Always a dilemma to upgrade or not to upgrade a droideka.
Kudos to whomever has upgraded their DekO to Level L. That fat Oppressor is boss.
If you upgrade it, you lose it for a week and you lose a contruction droid too.
If you dont, your droideka gets wrecked overnight anyway.
Abd if you are in the midst of upgrading it at the outbreak of a War, you wish you were not whenever you missed the 3rd uplink LOL

Trammel
HQ9 Empire
DekA Lvl 20
DekO Lvl 12

Return to “General Discussions”