About Squad War Matching

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
DiegotheRed
Cadet Trooper

About Squad War Matching

Post#1 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:45 am

I have received some comments about a change in the pairing in the squad wars, which would no longer consider the number of medals, but the rank. This is true? :| :?:

DeathStriker

Re: About Squad war matching

Post#2 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:52 am

DiegotheRed wrote:I have received some comments about a change in the pairing in the squad wars, which would no longer consider the number of medals, but the rank. This is true? :| :?:

DiegotheRed - Squad War Matchmaking is based upon the combined Base Strength Scores of all War Party Members and NOT an individual Players Rank and/or Medal Count.

:arrow: See the following Topic: [SQUAD WARS] Game Developer Explains Matchmaking

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#3 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:30 pm

DeathStriker wrote:
DiegotheRed wrote:I have received some comments about a change in the pairing in the squad wars, which would no longer consider the number of medals, but the rank. This is true? :| :?:

DiegotheRed - Squad War Matchmaking is based upon the combined Base Strength Scores of all War Party Members and NOT an individual Players Rank and/or Medal Count.

:arrow: See the following Topic: [SQUAD WARS] Game Developer Explains Matchmaking

@DeathStriker

The OP is talking about a change in matchmaking, not asking how it worked originally.

@Diego. I haven't heard about any such change, although it is one I'd like to see. It's better for the game if squads are more evenly matched.

I don't know if this is related or not, but in Sons of Death, we have been waiting longer and longer to get matched recently.
HQ Prestige - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

DiegotheRed
Cadet Trooper

Post#4 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:23 pm

@DeathStriker, thanks for the info. It's good learn more details about matchmaking.

@ObiWanKenobi2016, I agree. With my squad happens the same thing, since some time ago.

Thanks for your answers, guys! I'm new here on the forum, but I have almost 2 years in Commander.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#5 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:20 am

DiegotheRed wrote:@DeathStriker, thanks for the info. It's good learn more details about matchmaking.

@ObiWanKenobi2016, I agree. With my squad happens the same thing, since some time ago.

Thanks for your answers, guys! I'm new here on the forum, but I have almost 2 years in Commander.

Welcome to the Forum, my friend.

There's a lot of useful information here ... and some fierce debates with strongly held opinions too :)

Please note this is an unofficial forum, and no-one here can speak for Zynga, or Disney.

For my part, I'm confident the Devs do lurk around here, and at least read the forum, although we can never be sure which bits, and just because they've read it, doesn't mean they agree, or are going to act on it.

The Devs (Force?) moves in mysterious ways.
:lol:
HQ Prestige - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

FinrodFelagund
Major General

Post#6 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:37 am

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:

@DeathStriker

The OP is talking about a change in matchmaking, not asking how it worked originally.

@Diego. I haven't heard about any such change, although it is one I'd like to see. It's better for the game if squads are more evenly matched.

I don't know if this is related or not, but in Sons of Death, we have been waiting longer and longer to get matched recently.

One problem prevalent here on the forum is that many people do not understand the difference between data based evidence, and anecdotal experience. For clarity anecdote is a logical fallacy defined thus: “use of a personal experience or an isolated example instead of a sound argument or compelling evidence.”
We have no evidence whatsoever that Squad War Matchmaking has changed, only individual player’s experiences, which are anecdotal, not fact. So unless the data miners can cite code on the servers stating: “the Squad War matchmaking algorithm is” and demonstrate that there is a link to medals or some other criterion not mentioned in the linked post, or a Zynga/Natural Motion Developer makes a similar statement the community cannot, and responsibly should not assert wild suppositions that the matchmaking algorithm has changed.
The simple fact is that the algorithm probably has not changed, it is the pool of participating Squads that has most likely changed; see the thread about data derived from KSoD about the number of Squads active in Squad Wars.
We can vilify Disney for stupid greedy decisions that drive players away, that is apparent to all; but let us base our posts here on fact, on data, not on personal grasping at straws.
We used bows, then we discovered bowcasters.
The Pointy-eared folk have a couple openings

Calboy
Lieutenant

Post#7 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:22 am

Our squad employs a ‘mirror’ attack in war or go for your opposite placement on the enemies war squad. Sometimes your mirror can be several hq levels above you or below.

Not fair I believe but do the devs place you against a like for like enemy on the board or is it me over complicating it ?

Also was trying to gone on missing base item but it says locked

EDIT:

Gooners I mean
Last edited by DeathStriker on Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Combined Back-to-Back Posts - Added "Edit"

DeathStriker

Post#8 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:00 am

A BIT OFF TOPIC

Calboy wrote:Our squad employs a ‘mirror’ attack in war or go for your opposite placement on the enemies war squad. Sometimes your mirror can be several hq levels above you or below.

Each Squad has their own "method" of having War Party Members pick Enemy Bases to Attack.

Me personally, I feel the "mirror method" least efficent and not the best use of a War Party Member's "skill / experience".

In both my Squads (DS / SOD) we employ the "dib method" in that each War Party Member is free to pick / choose a War Base they feel they can effectively get 3 Uplinks.

Calboy wrote:Not fair I believe but do the devs place you against a like for like enemy on the board or is it me over complicating it ?

Yep - you are over complicating it. This is how the Bases appear on the in-game War Room.

1. Bases / Players are placed from Highest Level HQ (at Top) to Lowest Level HQ (at Bottom).
  2. Bases / Players are placed from Right to Left from Top to Bottom (see #1).
  3. Players within each HQ Level "Group" are randomized and are NOT placed according to their Base Strength.
I hope you understand better now...

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#9 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:00 am

DeathStriker wrote:

If I recall, that old ass post said it was based around adjusted base score ... which DOES include medals.

And all MM over the years seems to indicate that medals certainly do matter.

That said ... I doubt they have changed the parameters for MM much, there is just, as others have said, a smaller pool of comparable squads (as evidenced by dwindling player base and a steady squad base).

As for developers reading this forum ... I actually find it highly UNLIKELY. I personally don't think there are ANY developers assigned to this game. Simply maintenance folks.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

DeathStriker

Post#10 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:13 am

Midge wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:... Squad War Matchmaking is based upon the combined Base Strength Scores of all War Party Members and NOT an individual Players Rank and/or Medal Count.

If I recall, that old ass post said it was based around adjusted base score ... which DOES include medals.

And all MM over the years seems to indicate that medals certainly do matter.

Midge - perhaps this Quote from the indicated link will help:

Matchmaking system evaluates the total strength of Squad E and creates a matchmaking rating (MMR) for the squad as a whole.

The key phrase is "total strength" which is interpreted to mean "sum of all Base Strength values for all War Party Members".

Medals might appear to matter but they do not since this is NOT PvP. There is a natural presumption that as a Player increases in HQ Level and by extension their Base Strength that there is also a corresponding increase in a Players Medals. However, until we get clear evidence from the Game Developers (now Natural Motion Games) explaining War Matchmaking "process" we are left with what we know, and that is only the combined Base Strength of the individual War Party Members is used to create the MMR which is then used in some algorithm to "choose" whom you are Matched with in War.

I hope you understand better...

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”