Squad War - Best troops for SC

Tips and Strategies for Defending Rivals.
GAT
Captain

Re: Squad War - Best troops for SC

Post#21 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:45 am

Thank you darkrebel thats a something that people should learn or they aren’t going to get far in this game. Best sc load out for war bases lvl3-4 would be either a itt or a mtt or 3 heavies if a low lvl war, lvl5-7 would be one itt or mtt and and a jump or 2+ fill. This worked for me during Wars. All of this depends on what lvl your sc is.
Last edited by GAT on Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

bob1084
Commodore

Post#22 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:48 am

DarkRebel wrote:if your opponent attacks against OPs, it usually implies they are either short-handed or don’t know how to war, then chance is that you’d win regardless of what you have inside the SC. The exception would be when facing a much better squad and they allow you to hold the OPs, but in this case, chance is that they’d snipe the SC either via Kessen or air.

I wouldn’t assume that I have OP during defense.

Tat is such a powerful OP that any competitive squad would make sure that they hold the outpost before attacking. That’s war lesson 101.

Strongly disagree here, my favorite wars are now going against all ops (regardless of what they are)

I can only imagine the amount of whining from imps when we don’t take an op at all and still 45 them

bob1084
Commodore

Post#23 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:49 am

And before it’s said, no I didn’t say drop a bunch of trains or op crap to kill bases

GAT
Captain

Post#24 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:54 am

I do like no op wars bob1084 but you got to think about you squadmates and if they can take the punishment you can.

GAT
Captain

Post#25 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:55 am

If your a mixed squad ops are important

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#26 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:46 am

bob1084 wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:if your opponent attacks against OPs, it usually implies they are either short-handed or don’t know how to war, then chance is that you’d win regardless of what you have inside the SC. The exception would be when facing a much better squad and they allow you to hold the OPs, but in this case, chance is that they’d snipe the SC either via Kessen or air.

I wouldn’t assume that I have OP during defense.

Tat is such a powerful OP that any competitive squad would make sure that they hold the outpost before attacking. That’s war lesson 101.

Strongly disagree here, my favorite wars are now going against all ops (regardless of what they are)

I can only imagine the amount of whining from imps when we don’t take an op at all and still 45 them

Did you read the second sentence ?

RogueTwo
Commodore

Post#27 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:28 pm

chunkybeefbombs wrote:
RogueTwo wrote:
Therealharbinger wrote:If you stack buildings around your SC in a certain way triggered hailfires wont leave the site and cant be kited out from shields.
Mhcs do the same but 7 glitched buffed hailfires are horrifically hard to deal with.

Ok. But we can't buff hailfires in squadwars which this thread is discussing, correct? Just trying to learn some new ideas and this thread has me eager.

He means the tat OP buff to increase dmg output, not the Hoth cold-weather armory skin

Ah, got it. Thanks
JEDIKNIGHTS (Leader) - Rebel bases:
RogueTwo - Prestige
Thing1 - Level /Thing2 - Level 9
Line ID: swcroguetwo

Macca
Squadron Leader

Post#28 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:25 am

Hard to tell what is effective in wars without the option of being able to watch the attacks. Would be great if you could view all war attacks but only AFTER war is finished then you can learn what works best.
However I’m more for the staggering mixed bag of defenders with different speeds. If I’m correct the SC troops come out in the reverse order that they were donated? So I go for the slow long range defenders in as first donations - smtts/togs/snipers then the last donations are a couple of bikes or ski-speeders to finish the fill depending on SC capacity. The attackers then have Successive waves to deal with if using air strikes will need a few hits and hopefully the longer ranged snipers/togs/smtts are still under shields to follow up. The attackers may see the bikes and just deal with them and in the heat of battle not notice the slower units plodding out ;).

GAT
Captain

Post#29 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:49 am

I like a mtt and 2 bikes/avas in my sc if you have a good base setup it will take lvl7 sometimes 8

Return to “Defending Rivals”