Squad War - Best troops for SC

Tips and Strategies for Defending Rivals.
Williamdice
Squadron Leader

Squad War - Best troops for SC

Post#1 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:55 am

Hello,

My squad are split between asking for speeders and jetpacks for defence. Which do you think are best? AV Skiffs and Sharpshooters also look like good options but they don't seem to request those,

Thank you

CoolGuy
Admiral

Re: Squad War - Best troops for SC

Post#2 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:02 am

There is no one correct answer as it depends on what outposts are in operation. But the best overall troop without considering OPs is high level Togs.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

Williamdice
Squadron Leader

Post#3 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:21 am

Togs?

Vilified
Commander

Post#4 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:24 am

Tognaths Marksman. Rouge1 merc..
Long time member of the D.E.F. squad(darkeclipseforce). Here to keep up with the happenings, give advice and hopefully learn a thing or 2. Looking for an English speaking, active warring squad? Check us out.

Vilified
Commander

Post#5 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:29 am

High lvl shockers and Vanguard are nice as well especially with 3 slots left to fill. They're hard to bait and those cannons on their shoulders have range and power! Security Droids are a nice fill for a 4 slot also
Long time member of the D.E.F. squad(darkeclipseforce). Here to keep up with the happenings, give advice and hopefully learn a thing or 2. Looking for an English speaking, active warring squad? Check us out.

Oldrebel
Commander

Post#6 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:41 am

Williamdice wrote:Hello,

My squad are split between asking for speeders and jetpacks for defence. Which do you think are best? AV Skiffs and Sharpshooters also look like good options but they don't seem to request those,

Thank you

NEVER use all of one type of troop - way too easy to bait, lure and kill.
And the faster the unit, the quicker they are lured and killed.
Bikes are arguably better than jets, due to mulripliers against enemy units.
In general, use snipers and Togs - long range and good multipliers against all types of units.
Mix long-range and shorter-range units such as Twis, bikes, etc

Sunburn77
Commander

Post#7 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:15 am

Oldrebel wrote:
Williamdice wrote:Hello,

Thank you

NEVER use all of one type of troop - way too easy to bait, lure and kill.
And the faster the unit, the quicker they are lured and killed.
Bikes are arguably better than jets, due to mulripliers against enemy units.
In general, use snipers and Togs - long range and good multipliers against all types of units.
Mix long-range and shorter-range units such as Twis, bikes, etc

I would add that variety amongst the players is important too. If I attack 3 players, and get nothing but bikes; and someone else notices the same thing then everyone else knows what to expect.

Many people will configure their defense troops to be supported by the OP's, but I assume the OP's won't be in my favor when I'm attacked. I prefer to think about what I will most likely be attacked by, and request whatever I think will work best against it.
Officer in EternalForce

Ghostie
Commodore

Post#8 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:22 am

If your facing a bad squad always load up with snipers/sharps or Togs....don't overthink it because bad players will continuously faceplant against them.

Good squad war players never see a squad center they either bait it out or destroy it by air sniping/Kessen.

-Counters to this include at least 3 or 4 shields over squad center to prevent easy air sniping. As for Kessen sniping Droideka placement is key don't leave any "dead shots" so to speak...lots more to this as well I could write a whole thread on this alone...but no time for it now.

-Using mhc/hailfires to stick within base can be very helpful especially when cocky players with Tako oupost go against a player that has Tattoine outpost on their side for defense.
-also leaving "dead" units to sit in middle of base is an effective method to baiting sometimes. By leaving a dead unit inside your base droideka sentinels and snipers/togs will hunt it down and hopefully die by running into heavy fire from turrets because it won't move when other units go out.
e.g. - your squad center gets baited and you have 5 snipers and a repair droid
e.g. - your squad center gets baited and you have 6 bikes and an astromedic

-In Dandoran outpost wars in which Tako or Tatty isn't involved think of using a Rancor or Dragon/and snipers/bikes combo. You want to use a unit or 2 in these wars that has high health because the firepower for the attacker simply isn't there and maybe you can time them out or even better make them plant.

-Tako outpost wars just hope for the best because those jumps/jets are gonna 1 or 2 shot kill just about anything. I like to mix the speed of my squad center units up in these wars in the hope that maybe a sniper or 2 will blend in with the environment or stay under a shield when baited. Some units for these wars other than snipers and bikes that I would consider using would be fire girls and security droids....a lotta bang for the buck for those 2 units if they connect. Oh and 1 more thing in Tako wars I usually group all my traps up into 3 clumps and place them in areas I expect the jump hoards to funnel to.... and then hope I can get lucky and a hero or some other unit can trip them wiping out a good chunk of the jets/jumps.

-Tatty wars stuck mhc/hailfires would be a good start and anything with a vehicle attacking bonus. I usually go with a stuck mhc or 2 and some bikes and snipes/togs.

Hope this helps.
Peace means having a bigger stick than the other guy.

RogueTwo
Commander

Post#9 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:55 pm

Man, I have A LOT to learn....
JediKnights (Leader) -
RogueTwo - Prestige
Thing1 - Level 8
Thing2 - Level 8

Return to “Defending Rivals”