40 Day Wait For Something Interesting To Happen

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
GlockShanty
Squadron Leader

Re: 40 Day Wait For Something Interesting To Happen

Post#21 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:38 am

Just my personal opinion, but I'm thinking Zynga will keep SWC going until the last film comes out to squeeze as much money as they can out of the game, then probably close SWC down for the 6th anniversary of the game in August 2020.

Until then we'll get repetitive conflicts for frags to keep us ticking over.
Imperial
Officer in givethemnothing squad
Playing since August 2014

geoman48
Major General

Post#22 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:01 pm

GlockShanty wrote:probably close SWC down for the 6th anniversary of the game in August 2020.

Very Precise prediction! Almost 20 days into lent and I can already pretty much tell I miss the game enough to come back after 40 days. Particularly if the Naval Event Point System wasn't a one off event.

DeathStriker

Post#23 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:41 pm

geoman48 wrote:
GlockShanty wrote:probably close SWC down for the 6th anniversary of the game in August 2020.

Very Precise prediction! Almost 20 days into lent and I can already pretty much tell I miss the game enough to come back after 40 days. Particularly if the Naval Event Point System wasn't a one off event.

geoman48 - I hope you realize that the Naval Assault Event currently in progress is a 3 Week Event, with Week #2 starting today.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Ghost666
Major General

Post#24 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:16 am

DeathStriker wrote:
geoman48 wrote:

geoman48 - I hope you realize that the Naval Assault Event currently in progress is a 3 Week Event, with Week #2 starting today.

Well...i got a couple attacks in to see how it works...

Same useless rewards for lots of work...

Work is harder now as game moves slower, build times are long and overall experience is...well...boring...

Coming very close to pull the plug...not in protest or anger...had LOTS good times with game...
Problem is i can't remember the last one...and is getting "painful" to play...almost like a work task...

Am holding by telling myself it MAY GET BETTER...but this last event isn't very encouraging...

I feel almost physical pain when:
...i click and click and nothing happens for 2 or 3s...again and again
...i check the rebuild times on an attack loadout
...i do something that takes work and the reward is 9000 gold x2
...i finally get a shard of something i might use...but its 1 of 70 or more

Hope something interesting happens soon...soon...
"All Walls Must Die" - Imperial Sniper Corps Unofficial Motto
VADER523 SQUAD - Positions Open

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#25 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:28 am

Ghost666 wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:
geoman48 wrote:Very Precise prediction! Almost 20 days into lent and I can already pretty much tell I miss the game enough to come back after 40 days. Particularly if the Naval Event Point System wasn't a one off event.

Work is harder now as game moves slower, build times are long and overall experience is...well...boring...

Coming very close to pull the plug...not in protest or anger...had LOTS good times with game...
Problem is i can't remember the last one...and is getting "painful" to play...almost like a work task...

Am holding by telling myself it MAY GET BETTER...but this last event isn't very encouraging...

Why not open a new rebel account and experience the game from a different angle ?

Tomato
Commodore

Post#26 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:01 am

If your scroll natural motions careers pages you can see the are building a star wars mobile shooter. They will probably try to migrate all of us to there.
iOS / Android - Tomato: Officer SamuraiHunters
Windows - Tomato: Leader Order-33 (Part of the Order family) Thanks Disney :(

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#27 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:14 am

Tomato wrote:If your scroll natural motions careers pages you can see the are building a star wars mobile shooter. They will probably try to migrate all of us to there.

I hope this doesn't mean that they just purchased SWC so that they could develop other games in the SW Universe with no real plans to do anything with SWC.

Tomato
Commodore

Post#28 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:54 am

strawman3125 wrote:
Tomato wrote:If your scroll natural motions careers pages you can see the are building a star wars mobile shooter. They will probably try to migrate all of us to there.

I hope this doesn't mean that they just purchased SWC so that they could develop other games in the SW Universe with no real plans to do anything with SWC.

My two cents these are just global deals. Some suit is like we need a mobile game. We licesnce the IP for $XMM now bid develoepers.

But I think SWC is dead the numbers are dying the game is laggy and a horrible experience now they are in the milking stage IMO.
iOS / Android - Tomato: Officer SamuraiHunters
Windows - Tomato: Leader Order-33 (Part of the Order family) Thanks Disney :(

geoman48
Major General

Post#29 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:40 am

DarkRebel wrote:
Ghost666 wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:geoman48 - I hope you realize that the Naval Assault Event currently in progress is a 3 Week Event, with Week #2 starting today.

Why not open a new rebel account and experience the game from a different angle ?

Great idea! I've been a rebel since this game started, but I'm thinking of joining the dark side with a mini Empire account AFTER the 40 days.

And DS, NO, I didn't know it was a 3 week event! I'll play again on Sunday. During Lent, whatever you give up like sweets, chocolate, salty chips, SWC, etc. you get to have it one day a week on Sunday. Thereby making Sunday a great day guaranteed! :mrgreen:

Ghost666
Major General

Post#30 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:33 am

DarkRebel wrote:
Ghost666 wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:geoman48 - I hope you realize that the Naval Assault Event currently in progress is a 3 Week Event, with Week #2 starting today.

Err...

So...i can choose...redo it all again in a game i know it is broken past halfway...or go play something else that may actually work...hummmmmm?
(And rebs dont have Vader or EATAT)
"All Walls Must Die" - Imperial Sniper Corps Unofficial Motto
VADER523 SQUAD - Positions Open

Return to “General Discussions”