EVENT: Naval Assault #5 - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DesertPyramid
Admiral

Re: EVENT: Naval Assault #5 - Discussion Topic

Post#81 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:27 pm

I have a bunch of troops within 6 frags or so, so the event crates are helping. The L6 base is doing well. The L11 is basically face planting on a lot of higher level Guard Reserves. Saw a few dev bases on Tat, but Hoth is a unfavorable numbers game against higher level GR... so it is taking forever to gather 540EP, or more.

It also seems like the timeout before the game dumps you for inactivity is shorter. I’ve gotten booted and immediately attacked at least twice today in the time it took to unlock the device. Kind of bad to get caught with the defenses off.

While I missed the EP events... I am already considering just playing a few more rounds before skipping the rest. The grind to faceplant ratio is just too high until I can boost the armory skins another two or three levels.
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10+ Perks: L37
Medals: ~51k Deka/o: 50/50 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a

Toydarian
Commodore

Post#82 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:30 pm

DeathStriker wrote:MY EVENT STATUS (Week #1):

Overnight I completed Research on all 3 of my Accounts. Here is where I stand.

1. HQ 11 - Objective 15/25 Completed.
  2. HQ 8 - Objective 15/25 Completed.
  3. HQ 6 - Objective 15/25 Completed.
And the Elite Crate Chase continues...

Well, DS, thought I might add my tuppence to this topic:

First good news.. tortoise skateboard fixed ..yeh..just needed a new spark plug!
@ 12 @ mo with my noddy P base. On Kit..great dev bases there for the 150 EPs a pop...one in two need SC troops, but no air. Had a wobbly when I hit some guy the Skeleton tribe....zapped him out in a heartbeat!

My hq 9 guy ..harder work. Just real bases on Tat.

There we are..now back to work. Cheers all!
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 50)
Podracer repairs by appointment only

sneakyzapper
Major General

Post#83 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:39 pm

Main base 23
Alt base 22

Good work everyone.

Good luck too.
Last edited by sneakyzapper on Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#84 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:46 pm

DesertPyramid wrote:I have a bunch of troops within 6 frags or so, so the event crates are helping. The L6 base is doing well. The L11 is basically face planting on a lot of higher level Guard Reserves. Saw a few dev bases on Tat, but Hoth is a unfavorable numbers game against higher level GR... so it is taking forever to gather 540EP, or more.

It also seems like the timeout before the game dumps you for inactivity is shorter. I’ve gotten booted and immediately attacked at least twice today in the time it took to unlock the device. Kind of bad to get caught with the defenses off.

While I missed the EP events... I am already considering just playing a few more rounds before skipping the rest. The grind to faceplant ratio is just too high until I can boost the armory skins another two or three levels.

I am seeing dev bases on each of the three conflict world's with both factions so this is an almost all dev base grind event/conflict. It is taking a LOT longer with HQ11 than with my HQ9 bases though... It is taking an average of 3 attacks or less for the HQ9s vs up to 8 attacks for the HQ11 per event stage and it takes the HQ11 longer to fill it's transports.

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#85 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:48 pm

I feel dirty. Deliberately losing PvP matches by having to use skiffs and bikes to complete the deploy 86 vehicle objective. It doesn't feel right. I don't know how people do this all the time and feel good about it.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

sneakyzapper
Major General

Post#86 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:58 pm

Just think about it as a game and that's it.

Toydarian
Commodore

Post#87 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:12 pm

strawman3125 wrote:
I am seeing dev bases on each of the three conflict world's with both factions so this is an almost all dev base grind event/conflict. It is taking a LOT longer with HQ11 than with my HQ9 bases though... It is taking an average of 3 attacks or less for the HQ9s vs up to 8 attacks for the HQ11 per event stage and it takes the HQ11 longer to fill it's transports.

Hmmm ... my HQ9 guy having a tougher time ...real bases only....whereas my P guy getting dev bases ok..on Kit anyways. But, the P lvl objectives need real work...

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#88 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:15 pm

CoolGuy wrote:I feel dirty. Deliberately losing PvP matches by having to use skiffs and bikes to complete the deploy 86 vehicle objective. It doesn't feel right. I don't know how people do this all the time and feel good about it.

And it's done. Never let us speak of this shameful episode again.

Only positive - I've now got 160 medals to earn again before reaching my cap.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

Toydarian
Commodore

Post#89 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:16 pm

sneakyzapper wrote:Just think about it as a game and that's it.

So right Sneaky.... forget that at our peril we do!

DesertPyramid
Admiral

Post#90 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:44 pm

strawman3125 wrote:I am seeing dev bases on each of the three conflict world's with both factions so this is an almost all dev base grind event/conflict. It is taking a LOT longer with HQ11 than with my HQ9 bases though... It is taking an average of 3 attacks or less for the HQ9s vs up to 8 attacks for the HQ11 per event stage and it takes the HQ11 longer to fill it's transports.

I am seeing the same 20-30 bases on each planet with rough equivalent of my L11 upgrades. Which is good.
The bad is, percentage-wise, the math looks like I am up against L6-10 armory skins on the GR, which just wipes out the L3-L4s that I have. Of the 20-30 Tat bases, only one or two seem to be dev bases. The others have some construction on them, or visible signs of life. Hoth appeared to be all live bases. Very tricky to even get one-star wins.

My L6 base is researching EP crate 15. L11 is still stuck at getting enough EP to start the 7th.

The L6 is easily charging ahead with 3-6 attacks per crate. The L11 is face planting about 60-70% of the time, and the other 30-40% gets two stars about every one in four tries. Slightly better results on Tat appear to be due to the slightly higher desert armory.
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10+ Perks: L37
Medals: ~51k Deka/o: 50/50 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a

Return to “General Discussions”