SWC Issues - Recommended Solutions

Voice your bugs/glitches encounters or workarounds you find. While this forum is unofficial, we welcome Disney developers to stop by to help.
CoolGuy
Admiral

SWC Issues - Recommended Solutions

Post#1 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:08 pm

SWC Issues - The Final Solutions

Ok, I've been a member of this forum for a long time, I read a lot of posts, and contribute when I can. So I am going to try to summarize what I feel is the group consensus to fix this game.

1. Fix the matchmaking - totally remove base score and medal count from the algorithm. Make it HQ vs HQ with possibly several levels up and one down. This opens up the player pool, and discourages medal dumping and sandbagging. Hopefully this also lessens CNFO.

2. Nerf dev base rewards - in the event of CNFO we need to keep dev bases, but wind back the loot and point rewards. Give people just enough to survive or jump planets if necessary.

3. Nerf some of the armoury functions - particularly on the defensive side. Turrets and GR sniper functions need to be wound back.

4. Remove all the units that nobody uses. They clog up the inventory, recruiting lists and dilute the fragment pool.

5. Bring back the events and keep them running on a regular basis.

Over to you for comments.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Title To Better Reflect Topic - Added Original Title to Main Topic Post
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

Boog
Grand Admiral

Re: SWC Issues - The Final Solutions

Post#2 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:14 pm

Can't disagree with anything, except I would try to fix the units that don't get used. I would tinker with the UC of the 'special' (and I mean special) units. Lower the UC of LIN's to 1. Lower Fathiers to 6. Lower Dowutins to 4. Lower ognidae to 1, and ATDT's to 6. They can keep the cook times where they are. If level 10 Dowutins kick ass at UC 4, well then they'll bring in a lot of xtals with their 15 minute cook time. The devs need to stop fucking around. 20% boosts in damage and health don't do anything. Just lower the UC until the units become worth using.

TNT
Admiral

Post#3 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:58 am

CoolGuy wrote:Ok, I've been a member of this forum for a long time, I read a lot of posts, and contribute when I can. So I am going to try to summarize what I feel is the group consensus to fix this game.

1. Fix the matchmaking - totally remove base score and medal count from the algorithm. Make it HQ vs HQ with possibly several levels up and one down. This opens up the player pool, and discourages medal dumping and sandbagging. Hopefully this also lessens CNFO.

2. Nerf dev base rewards - in the event of CNFO we need to keep dev bases, but wind back the loot and point rewards. Give people just enough to survive or jump planets if necessary.

3. Nerf some of the armoury functions - particularly on the defensive side. Turrets and GR sniper functions need to be wound back.

4. Remove all the units that nobody uses. They clog up the inventory, recruiting lists and dilute the fragment pool.

5. Bring back the events and keep them running on a regular basis.

Over to you for comments.

I agree mostly but:

1: HQ lvl should be leading, but use base score/medals to fine tune.
That way a new Prestige HQ would get matched up mostly with other new Prestige HQ instead of suddenly getting matched with mostly completely gold Prestige HQs. A full lvl 10 on the way to Prestige is also a viable target for a new Prestige HQ. But should never get matched up with a full Prestige. And don't forget the influence of equipment.

4: Personally I'd rather see them introduce smart equipment for unused units to make them useful. I will happily point to the TX which made one of the worst units into an excellent unit without making it completely broken.

Boog wrote:Can't disagree with anything, except I would try to fix the units that don't get used. I would tinker with the UC of the 'special' (and I mean special) units. Lower the UC of LIN's to 1. Lower Fathiers to 6. Lower Dowutins to 4. Lower ognidae to 1, and ATDT's to 6. They can keep the cook times where they are. If level 10 Dowutins kick ass at UC 4, well then they'll bring in a lot of xtals with their 15 minute cook time. The devs need to stop fucking around. 20% boosts in damage and health don't do anything. Just lower the UC until the units become worth using.

You must be a carpenter, because that nail was hit squarely on the head!

But yes! Please redo the armory buffs! Those 20% or more boosts they've given units are useless in the face of buffed bursts/buffed Sniper GR. Nothing should ever start at a 100% buff.
Join the OuterRimRioters.
We have spare rooms. :) Also available in trial version. We have a 100% optional discord and war regularly.

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#4 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:05 pm

1: HQ lvl should be leading, but use base score/medals to fine tune.
That way a new Prestige HQ would get matched up mostly with other new Prestige HQ instead of suddenly getting matched with mostly completely gold Prestige HQs. A full lvl 10 on the way to Prestige is also a viable target for a new Prestige HQ. But should never get matched up with a full Prestige. And don't forget the influence of equipment.

If it is HQ vs HQ then the whole of the Prestige band is opened up. When attacking you choose what level of Prestige base you want to attack. You will then probably find a heap of sandbaggers. Using medals and base scores will protect the sandbaggers, which is what we are trying to eliminate.

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#5 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:36 pm

Move to strictly equal HQ for match up may be too disruptive.

Here is what I would do, for starter:
- Keep the base rating, but significantly reduce the medal component of the formula, at most 25% of the overall weight.
- Use HQ level as the limiting factor. Player can not face bases more than +1/-1 from their current level. This means high medal player or player with max base (high BR) can be matched with base 1 level higher and they should be able to handle it. Vice versa, weak player should be able to see lower level bases during search, but not more than 1 level lower.

Jax
Commander

Post#6 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:04 pm

Given medal-gate, using medals for matching is kind of pointless.

Thanks, Disney.

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#7 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:20 pm

Jax wrote:Given medal-gate, using medals for matching is kind of pointless.

Thanks, Disney.

Think long term.

TNT
Admiral

Post#8 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:45 am

CoolGuy wrote:1: HQ lvl should be leading, but use base score/medals to fine tune.

If it is HQ vs HQ then the whole of the Prestige band is opened up. When attacking you choose what level of Prestige base you want to attack. You will then probably find a heap of sandbaggers. Using medals and base scores will protect the sandbaggers, which is what we are trying to eliminate.

Let me ask you this. Should someone who became a prestige HQ yesterday get matched up to a wallet warrior who upgraded everything to prestige and has maxed out medals? Because that's what you're saying is totally fine.
When you make HQ lvl leading you eliminate the problem of sandbaggers and medaldumpers.
For example, a Prestige sandbagger can at best be matched to a high lvl10 and will get attacked by other Prestiges and high lvl HQ10s.
Join the OuterRimRioters.
We have spare rooms. :) Also available in trial version. We have a 100% optional discord and war regularly.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#9 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:50 am

Good god, they skip once or twice, how hard is that? I guess it's better to just have level 7's, 8's and 9's draw those hard bases so newborn pussy prestiges don't have to have their feelings hurt?

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#10 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:41 am

Boog wrote:Good god, they skip once or twice, how hard is that? I guess it's better to just have level 7's, 8's and 9's draw those hard bases so newborn pussy prestiges don't have to have their feelings hurt?

Yes, well stated.

Return to “Bugs and Glitches (iOS/Android)”