SW Ep XIV - The Return of the CNFO

Voice your bugs/glitches encounters or workarounds you find. While this forum is unofficial, we welcome Disney developers to stop by to help.
User avatar
mkenobi
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1201

Re: SW Ep XIV - The Return of the CNFO

Post#41 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:50 am

Yes they are experimenting and we are still the mice trapped in the labyrinth or the hamsters rolling the wheel...

And why make all these changes in the last day of a multiplanetary conflict when most players are struggling hard to get the UC and get the maximum prize???

New times, new Devs, the same shit. SSDD
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)


User avatar
sneakyzapper
Major General
Posts: 293

Re: SW Ep XIV - The Return of the CNFO

Post#42 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:48 am

Hope its fixed before the rest of the conflicts happen and it does not cause issues during them too.

Doing one uc through cnfo is not fun. Doing them all again would suck.


TNT
Admiral
Posts: 552

Re: SW Ep XIV - The Return of the CNFO

Post#43 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:43 am

DarkRebel wrote:Well, there were plenty of problems before the armory ...

And to me, the armory concept is actually good (different troop multiplier on different planets). It's the implementation and the staging approach which did not take into account the game balance (offense vs defense, active vs non-active, match making) that was the main issue.

I am looking at this recent development (CNFO) as a sign that devs are actively investigating and trying to fix match making and dev bases.

Let gives them a couple of days ...


The armory brought us 1 good thing (the ability to save up for unlocks) but has the potential for many good things. And really, look at the massive list of units we have. I shudder at seeing it balloon even further.
At this point the armory is the way to go forward. Introduce equipment that gives old units a new lease on life.
I'll always point to the infils and the TX as prime examples. The infils were a gamechanger without being broken. The TX made the terrible tanks actually worth using.

But the current implementation is absolutely horrible. Some pieces of equipment are so horrible broken that nothing else matters. (Jets/Sniper GR with Skin)
Skins are so terribly overpowered you're an absolute idiot if you level up Han or Leia beyond lvl 7. (unless you already lvled them up in which case all you have are regrets. :( Poor Han)

The original 30% boost was perfect.
Especially if you start adding percs like spawning new units like Leia and the ATACT does or changing the fire rate like with the TX or wall crushing, also like the TX.
Join the OuterRimRioters. Is what I would say, but we're almost full at the moment. :) A big happy family. If you are interested in joining you're more than welcome to drop by as long as we still have room.


User avatar
CoolGuy
Major General
Posts: 437

Re: SW Ep XIV - The Return of the CNFO

Post#44 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:54 am

Skins are so terribly overpowered you're an absolute idiot if you level up Han or Leia beyond lvl 7. (unless you already lvled them up in which case all you have are regrets. :( Poor Han)
On behalf of all the thousands of other idiots out there I have no idea what you are talking about.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn


User avatar
ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral
Posts: 959

Re: SW Ep XIV - The Return of the CNFO

Post#45 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:02 am

mKenobi wrote: ...

I'm sure they need to check things when players are active, and it's the later stages of a conflict that players are most likely to be active. At least the conflict reward this week didn't matter that much.


DarkRebel wrote:Well, there were plenty of problems before the armory ...

And to me, the armory concept is actually good (different troop multiplier on different planets). It's the implementation and the staging approach which did not take into account the game balance (offense vs defense, active vs non-active, match making) that was the main issue.

I am looking at this recent development (CNFO) as a sign that devs are actively investigating and trying to fix match making and dev bases.

Let gives them a couple of days ...


Agreed.

TNT wrote:The armory brought us 1 good thing (the ability to save up for unlocks) but has the potential for many good things. And really, look at the massive list of units we have. I shudder at seeing it balloon even further.
At this point the armory is the way to go forward. Introduce equipment that gives old units a new lease on life.
I'll always point to the infils and the TX as prime examples. The infils were a gamechanger without being broken. The TX made the terrible tanks actually worth using.

But the current implementation is absolutely horrible. Some pieces of equipment are so horrible broken that nothing else matters. (Jets/Sniper GR with Skin)
Skins are so terribly overpowered you're an absolute idiot if you level up Han or Leia beyond lvl 7. (unless you already lvled them up in which case all you have are regrets. :( Poor Han)

The original 30% boost was perfect.
Especially if you start adding percs like spawning new units like Leia and the ATACT does or changing the fire rate like with the TX or wall crushing, also like the TX.


Also agreed. I think I've said before, the original cap on the skin boosts was 30% was set at a good level. It made skins v useful (desirable), but didn't make the game unplayable without them.
HQ Prestige - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.


TNT
Admiral
Posts: 552

Re: SW Ep XIV - The Return of the CNFO

Post#46 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:15 am

CoolGuy wrote:Skins are so terribly overpowered you're an absolute idiot if you level up Han or Leia beyond lvl 7. (unless you already lvled them up in which case all you have are regrets. :( Poor Han)
On behalf of all the thousands of other idiots out there I have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm sorry I should've added more info.
I mean that at lvl8 the cooktime doubles. You get like what a 10% buff to that unit? That 10% is barely a drop in the ocean when you get a 272% buff from equipment.
My Leia is never getting lvled up. It's just not worth it. But keeping it low allows me to do objectives much quicker and do quicker attacks. The 100%+ buff means Leia kills all other units quickly enough anyway.

I have massive regrets about lvling up Han to lvl8, but he was still my primary hero at that point and didn't have broken equipment yet. Now however it's a pain to make him and that tiny jump from 7->8 is a joke compared to the 200% buff the equipment gives.
(I still cry a little when I see the indirect Nerf Han got from becoming a trap hunter :( )

It's not like you're using those heroes in war either. Not with the EATAT/EATTE, Kessen or Luke/Vader who are all so much better in their own ways.
Join the OuterRimRioters. Is what I would say, but we're almost full at the moment. :) A big happy family. If you are interested in joining you're more than welcome to drop by as long as we still have room.


DarkRebel
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1097

Re: SW Ep XIV - The Return of the CNFO

Post#47 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:30 am

The sudden jump in training time for rebel hero is just ... unreasonable :) I think DEVs should adjust this in the future.

But it's not stupid to level them up though, in my opinion, and here is why:

It's true that for rebel, the hero slot can be the bottle neck, but if you rotate through the heroes, then it's okay. Even if you choose to go with a single hero (Leia), then the extra wait time is about 1-1.5 min.

Now, looking at the health and damage between L7 and Prestige level for Leia:

https://papajessie.github.io/swcpy/HeroLeia.html
Health:
L7: 35200
L8: 38400
L9: 41600
L10: 48000 (+36.36% compared to L7)
L11: 51840 (+47.27% compared to L7)

(Calculated) DPS:
L7: 6162
L8: 6720
L9: 7281
L10: 8400 (+36.32% compared to L7)
L11: 9069 (+47.17% compared to L7)

Assuming you have equipment L10:
https://papajessie.github.io/swcpy/eqpR ... lomat.html
Health: +293.0%
DPS: +293.0%

Applying the equipment multipliers to the base values, you are getting an extra:
+106% at L10 (compared to L7)
+139% at L11 (compared to L7)

This may help keep her going when having to face multiple barrack snipers.

It's one's choice really, but it's not totally stupid, IMHO.


strawman3125
Major General
Posts: 402

Re: SW Ep XIV - The Return of the CNFO

Post#48 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:46 am

TNT wrote:
CoolGuy wrote:Skins are so terribly overpowered you're an absolute idiot if you level up Han or Leia beyond lvl 7. (unless you already lvled them up in which case all you have are regrets. :( Poor Han)
On behalf of all the thousands of other idiots out there I have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm sorry I should've added more info.
I mean that at lvl8 the cooktime doubles. You get like what a 10% buff to that unit? That 10% is barely a drop in the ocean when you get a 272% buff from equipment.
My Leia is never getting lvled up. It's just not worth it. But keeping it low allows me to do objectives much quicker and do quicker attacks. The 100%+ buff means Leia kills all other units quickly enough anyway.

I have massive regrets about lvling up Han to lvl8, but he was still my primary hero at that point and didn't have broken equipment yet. Now however it's a pain to make him and that tiny jump from 7->8 is a joke compared to the 200% buff the equipment gives.
(I still cry a little when I see the indirect Nerf Han got from becoming a trap hunter :( )

It's not like you're using those heroes in war either. Not with the EATAT/EATTE, Kessen or Luke/Vader who are all so much better in their own ways.


I have never understood why cook times go up as the level goes up... just set it at what it's supposed to be level 1 and leave it there. It's not like they increase the UC for units as they get better: a level 1 jet takes up just as much space in the transport as a level 11 jet


strawman3125
Major General
Posts: 402

Re: SW Ep XIV - The Return of the CNFO

Post#49 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:51 am

DarkRebel wrote:The sudden jump in training time for rebel hero is just ... unreasonable :) I think DEVs should adjust this in the future.

But it's not stupid to level them up though, in my opinion, and here is why:

It's true that for rebel, the hero slot can be the bottle neck, but if you rotate through the heroes, then it's okay. Even if you choose to go with a single hero (Leia), then the extra wait time is about 1-1.5 min.

Now, looking at the health and damage between L7 and Prestige level for Leia:

https://papajessie.github.io/swcpy/HeroLeia.html
Health:
L7: 35200
L8: 38400
L9: 41600
L10: 48000 (+36.36% compared to L7)
L11: 51840 (+47.27% compared to L7)

(Calculated) DPS:
L7: 6162
L8: 6720
L9: 7281
L10: 8400 (+36.32% compared to L7)
L11: 9069 (+47.17% compared to L7)

Assuming you have equipment L10:
https://papajessie.github.io/swcpy/eqpR ... lomat.html
Health: +293.0%
DPS: +293.0%

Applying the equipment multipliers to the base values, you are getting an extra:
+106% at L10 (compared to L7)
+139% at L11 (compared to L7)

This may help keep her going when having to face multiple barrack snipers.

It's one's choice really, but it's not totally stupid, IMHO.


At HQ11 the 10 minute cook time is not really a problem as it takes more than 10 minutes to fill the transports anyway, not tom mention waiting for air support!

If your are attacking dev bases with partial loadouts you don't really need heroes anyways but if you want them you can just cycle between 2 heroes and you will always have one of the two ready to deploy.

Having said that, I would prefer that heroes all took 5 minutes to cook.

I would also like to see it possible to fully load you air support in the same time that it take to load you transports so that you could actually use air support in every attack!


User avatar
mkenobi
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1201

Re: SW Ep XIV - The Return of the CNFO

Post#50 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:58 am

strawman3125 wrote:
TNT wrote:
CoolGuy wrote:Skins are so terribly overpowered you're an absolute idiot if you level up Han or Leia beyond lvl 7. (unless you already lvled them up in which case all you have are regrets. :( Poor Han)
On behalf of all the thousands of other idiots out there I have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm sorry I should've added more info.
I mean that at lvl8 the cooktime doubles. You get like what a 10% buff to that unit? That 10% is barely a drop in the ocean when you get a 272% buff from equipment.
My Leia is never getting lvled up. It's just not worth it. But keeping it low allows me to do objectives much quicker and do quicker attacks. The 100%+ buff means Leia kills all other units quickly enough anyway.

I have massive regrets about lvling up Han to lvl8, but he was still my primary hero at that point and didn't have broken equipment yet. Now however it's a pain to make him and that tiny jump from 7->8 is a joke compared to the 200% buff the equipment gives.
(I still cry a little when I see the indirect Nerf Han got from becoming a trap hunter :( )

It's not like you're using those heroes in war either. Not with the EATAT/EATTE, Kessen or Luke/Vader who are all so much better in their own ways.


I have never understood why cook times go up as the level goes up... just set it at what it's supposed to be level 1 and leave it there. It's not like they increase the UC for units as they get better: a level 1 jet takes up just as much space in the transport as a level 11 jet


When my first Rebel account was at HQ 8, not upgrading my heroes to level 8 was always part of my strategy since I had the skins for Leia, Han and Chewie at level 5 or 6 -- because of the doubled training time at Level 8, and I stayed at HQ 8 with all of them at level 7 (except Kessen who was at level 8 for best use against maxed out SC) for a year or more - until maxout everything that was possible, every unit and building, turret or trap at level 8, and then the heroes went to the level 8, and my HQ to level 9.

They have reduced Rebel Kessen's training time recently, and this is good for anyone in HQ 8 and below, but while you need to wait more than 10 minutes to reload the transports to attack again at Prestige, do not solve much with which hero you will use.

But once you are HQ 8 maxed out and high medals, you start to find only 10s to attack, then i made the jump to level 9, and quickly to 10 , and when Prestige was released, I jumped to Prestige but with level 8 turrets and traps.

Now, I'm having the same issues with my 2nd base Rebel HQ 8 that is maxed out, and now the rivals are 10s and Prestige. But instead of upgrading it, I abandoned this base and use it only to feed my other bases with Jets and play squad wars. No way I will attack Imperial Prestige bases with Level 8 units, even with strong Armory equipments!

Before remove Dev bases, they need to adjust matchmaking, because is stupid when you reach HQ 8 and start to attack and being attacked by 10s and Prestige just because you are doing what is is the right in a strategy game for attack and defense: upgrade/maximize your forces for attack and defense.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)


Return to “Bugs and Glitches (iOS/Android)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests