Armory Priority Activations?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Diablogrunt
Captain

Armory Priority Activations?

Post#1 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:42 am

I would like to know what everybody thinks about armory priority activations for each armory level? My squad members have lots of different opinions.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Title - Capitalized

geoman48
Major General

Re: Armory priority activations?

Post#2 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:29 pm

Lots of differences based on armory level, HQ ,level, buffs unlocked, etc. But in general on attack I use jets, tanks, and regs. On defense I focus on rocket turrets with guard reserve out of factories. Prestige Rebel.

DeathStriker

Re: Armory priority activations?

Post#3 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:53 am

Diablogrunt wrote:I would like to know what everybody thinks about armory priority activations for each armory level? My squad members have lots of different opinions.

ARMORY INFO:

For purposes of Discussion here are the Armory Levels per HQ Level and the Equipment Capacity Available:

HQ Level - Armory Level - Equip Cap

6 - 1 - 30
    6 - 2 - 37
    7 - 3 - 44
    8 - 4 - 51
    9 - 5 - 58
    10 - 6 - 65
    11/P - Prestige - 69
TOPIC:

As for "What Armory Equipment is a Priority" at a given Armory Level that is open for Debate. Here are my thoughts.

• HQ 6 - Armory Levels 1 - 2: Reinforced HQ Bracing + Reinforced Wall Bracing + 20 EC of "Other"
  • HQ 7 - 11 - Armory Levels 3+: Armory Equipment as Player Sees Fit with Guard Reserve Equipment as a "Priority" ** Too many variations / possibilities to count.
Let the discussion continue...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Re: Armory Priority Activations?

Post#4 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:47 am

For PvP at HQs 1-8,
- go with your higher skins on attack, and defence.

For HD at HQs 1-8
- walls and reinforcement of your most numerous turrets. If you have enough capacity to put double buffs on one turret, definitely do so.

By the time you hit HQ9, you'll have a strong grasp of what works and what doesn't for your base design.

Since unlocking GR sharpshooter, I've stopped using turret and wall buffs on defence. I use Sullustan skin, and GR buffs - infantry, sharpshooter, vanguard, banthas.
HQ Prestige - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

Trammel
Captain

Post#5 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:26 am

Agreed with the above views and I wish to add my bit. I'm HQ Level 9 Imperial; to me the Armory only compliments your base layout. Your base layout should still be the main driving theme for your defence.

Usually I activate these for PvP and HD:

1. GR Sniper + Rodian Sniper skin
2. GR Bruiser (dewbacks)
3. Burst Turret Heat Sink
4. HQ Building and Walls

Sometimes if I have jump troopers in my SC, I turn the jump trooper skin on instead of the GR Bruiser. They will lose to 10 or more jetpacks, but they could hold their own against almost anything else.

When I am on attack, these Armory activations stress me out:

a. Hordes of Banthas slowly crawling through densely packed junk buildings.
b. 12 infantrymen spawning rapidly from 4 barracks -- after shields are down, the EAT-AT is caught in the middle wasting time on the infantrymen.

If I see a Rebel base full of glowing / sparkling burst turrets, I be like "Next base please…" Lol

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#6 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:27 pm

I would definitely recommend experimenting and just using logic. For example if you are a level 6 or below and don't see any jump attacks on defense, the wall buff makes a lot of sense. Wall buff is great against ground troops, but won't help you at all against a 16+ jet/jump attack. The bantha or dewback gr's are buffers. They slow down attackers, to allow turrets and a complimentary gr like snipers, to pick off the attackers. A moving wall so to speak. If you use jets/jumps in your sc, you might want to have that armory item activated on defense. If you don't want to use the jet/jump buff on defense, then think about togs, bikes, or something else in your squad center for defense. Attacked by a lot of jets/jumps and you have enough burst turrets to make it worth your while, activate the enhanced heat sink for bursts. I have seen many different combinations work, but they tend to work when the player uses them in the right mix for the base layout they have, what's in their squad center, what gr's they have or want to use, turret mix, what attack strategies they use, etc. It's not a simple answer.

On attacks at level 8 or above, the jet/jump buff is a no brainer. The other options are driven by what you use. If I'm using a Sullustan attack, I obviously need the Sully skins activated. On a green planet, I might want to use the Senator Leia skin. On Hoth, I may activate the Tauntaun skins for either offense or defense. I think the only two armory buffs you will get a near unanimous agreement on, are the jet/jump buffs on offense and sniper gr on defense. I would highly recommend that you watch your replays, and zero in on what each buff is doing for you, and the AI tendencies for attacking units and for gr and sc troops on defense.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

DarthWalker
Squadron Leader

Post#7 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:33 pm

Trammel wrote:If I see a Rebel base full of glowing / sparkling burst turrets, I be like "Next base please…" Lol

I used to have my Prestige (HD design) base split with 1/2 sonics and 1/2 rapid fire. I would activate dual buffs on the rapids and sit on Tatooine & rack up defensive wins like crazy. I swapped my rapids recently to burst and barely get a single attack per day.

I did the same with my HQ9 base with the same results.
Leader of TheDarkKnight501 (Level 50 Imp All Perks Open)

Looking for active squad warriors to join our casual group. All languages welcome. No chat apps required.

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#8 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:40 pm

Yeah, glowing burst turrets, barracks, and factories, have a way of discouraging attacks in the current environment. Conflicts drive behavior right now. What is the quickest way to reach 35K, 50K, 80K conflict points depending on the planet. Attacking strong bases many times requires starships, and they chew up cook time. Players do the math, and will choose the path that allows them to get the most conflict points in a given amount of time. On a certain level, it's a shame. Can't fault people for being smart though.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Trammel
Captain

Post#9 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:25 pm

DarthWalker wrote:
Trammel wrote:If I see a Rebel base full of glowing / sparkling burst turrets, I be like "Next base please…" Lol

I used to have my Prestige (HD design) base split with 1/2 sonics and 1/2 rapid fire. I would activate dual buffs on the rapids and sit on Tatooine & rack up defensive wins like crazy. I swapped my rapids recently to burst and barely get a single attack per day.

I did the same with my HQ9 base with the same results.

That’s right Darthwalker— them glowing burst turrets, surrounded by junk buildings would deter me unless Im on Hoth or if I have 4 Tie Defenders ready. With Bantha GR, it is lethal as a “moving wall” as a post above mentioned. I suppose it works with Imperial Dewback GR except that our dewbacks seem to move faster and seem slightly less effective as a screen. If you place the 4 Barracks spaced out and not tightly packed, the Banthas/Dewbacks will proceed from different angles. This can hopefully disperse a swarm of jumps/jets who are generalists and would priority target the nearest Bantha/Dewback.

Return to “General Discussions”