Final Nail In The Coffin For SWC?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Richaldo
Admiral

Re: Final Nail In The Coffin For SWC?

Post#51 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:39 am

CoolGuy wrote:
Richaldo wrote:14 days since my last attack... Notifications off, squad mates on loan to 'no op wars'...

I've actually installed the old school lemmings on my phone! I'd rather watch paint dry than grind for shock troops.......!!! Even set my armoury off......

You'd have thought, in a game that's lasted this long... they'd actually give a shit... but everything I've seen since prestige level makes me think quite the opposite...........

My plan is to stick out this month, log on for a daily reload of dekka etc... do my prestige upgrades... but I've utterly lost the buzz :(

I hope if they every do a second version of this game they really analyze where they went wrong / right, because it's actually workable now......... it's just they've made some utterly shambolic decisions and it's left it on it's knees

#HowTheFuckCanAGameBeTakenSeriouslyAfterTheyHaveTakenItDownFromAmazon ..................

Bringing back Events is the only thing that will make it exciting again for me. Grinding for frags against very tough opponents is getting really boring.

Agree 100% at least it gave us options and an alternative way to play...... It's fucking shit at the moment and people are leaving in droves. 2019 gaming will move fast....
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!! Level 50
Level 25 Prestige 161900 medals

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#52 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:06 am

Richaldo wrote:
CoolGuy wrote:
Richaldo wrote:14 days since my last attack... Notifications off, squad mates on loan to 'no op wars'...

I've actually installed the old school lemmings on my phone! I'd rather watch paint dry than grind for shock troops.......!!! Even set my armoury off......

You'd have thought, in a game that's lasted this long... they'd actually give a shit... but everything I've seen since prestige level makes me think quite the opposite...........

My plan is to stick out this month, log on for a daily reload of dekka etc... do my prestige upgrades... but I've utterly lost the buzz :(

I hope if they every do a second version of this game they really analyze where they went wrong / right, because it's actually workable now......... it's just they've made some utterly shambolic decisions and it's left it on it's knees

#HowTheFuckCanAGameBeTakenSeriouslyAfterTheyHaveTakenItDownFromAmazon ..................

Bringing back Events is the only thing that will make it exciting again for me. Grinding for frags against very tough opponents is getting really boring.

Agree 100% at least it gave us options and an alternative way to play...... It's fucking shit at the moment and people are leaving in droves. 2019 gaming will move fast....

I think events would be a great idea. Give away eATTE frags/Tog Frags/Wookie Wagon frags for Rebels and they would play in droves.

Zynga is analyzing right now I am sure ... hopefully something good comes from it.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

Spirit
Major General

Post#53 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:41 am

Events seem to get thumbs up from most players. Hopefully soon.
Player name Dog. Biting rebs across the galaxy.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#54 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:50 am

I'm ok with events going away permanently if they just bring back event crates for daily crates and hd's, and if they go back to doing 3X crates and 2X hd events. It is total bs that we've had two rancor conflicts and the zombie conflict but there were no rancor or zombie hd's. They should give out the new rancor frags in crates. If they want to keep krayts and rage rancors 'rare', they can continue to not have actual conflicts for unlocks, but put frags in hd crates and daily objective crates. They need to bring back event-specific daily crates as well.

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#55 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:05 am

The should definitely bring back special frags in the bronzium crates as some players have maxed out on the rewards from those and no longer do them. It would give more life to the game.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

Harshit
Major General

Post#56 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:57 am

Just add some of the elite unit frags like Togs or wookie wagon(or give out rancor or dragon frags as they take insane amount of frags to upgrade) in HD and bronzium crates in Objs and please not 1 frag but rather 2 or 3 frags will be great.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#57 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:19 am

Yes, we like/need/want EVENTS!

I wrote a similar post in the past about "game is dead"... But game is dead since a long time ago and we keep playing, even after the Windows Purge, the Guard Reserve, the Rapid Fire Turret Nerf, the MedalGate and now the Amazon Purge... Why???

Are we are some kind a stupid zombies running for frags just because is a Star Wars game, something most here love for a life? I'm playing since August 2014, and if wasn't Star Wars probably never would installed SWC.

After all that, I still here playing with 5 accounts. Okay, not playing too much. With my Prestige bases I only do upgrades on a week basis. My Rebel HQ 8 is abandoned because is maxed out fighting only HQ 10 and Prestige now, not funny at all! My Imperial HQ 6 is a mini base created to play Events, but we don't have Events since before Prestige, so is abandoned too.

I'm playing now only with my baby Rebel HQ 6 that's maxed out now, and trying to have fun attacking HQ 6 and 7 in conflicts while I can keep my medals under a resonable number before start to fight HQ 8s and be crushed by hordes of stupid Jumps... But is easy win 3 stars when I can use buffed Prestige Jets from my main account.

Medal dumping is a waste of time and stupid, and run sandbagging/mini bases to fight poor rivals is pathetic, but is like an ultimate try for many to have fun in this game. I'm playing for more than 4 years. I'm too old for heroism like try to 3 stars every Prestige base full of high level Guard Reserve and buffed turrets just for one crate with a few frags of a unit I will take years to complete at higher levels...

Games should be fun at least, don't you think? Then, give the fun, and we give the money. I'm still waiting to see if Zynga devs think games should primarily be fun. Or if are only about money.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#58 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:09 am

mkenobi wrote:Yes, we like/need/want EVENTS!

I wrote a similar post in the past about "game is dead"... But game is dead since a long time ago and we keep playing, even after the Windows Purge, the Guard Reserve, the Rapid Fire Turret Nerf, the MedalGate and now the Amazon Purge... Why???

Are we are some kind a stupid zombies running for frags just because is a Star Wars game, something most here love for a life? I'm playing since August 2014, and if wasn't Star Wars probably never would installed SWC.

After all that, I still here playing with 5 accounts. Okay, not playing too much. With my Prestige bases I only do upgrades on a week basis. My Rebel HQ 8 is abandoned because is maxed out fighting only HQ 10 and Prestige now, not funny at all! My Imperial HQ 6 is a mini base created to play Events, but we don't have Events since before Prestige, so is abandoned too.

I'm playing now only with my baby Rebel HQ 6 that's maxed out now, and trying to have fun attacking HQ 6 and 7 in conflicts while I can keep my medals under a resonable number before start to fight HQ 8s and be crushed by hordes of stupid Jumps... But is easy win 3 stars when I can use buffed Prestige Jets from my main account.

Medal dumping is a waste of time and stupid, and run sandbagging/mini bases to fight poor rivals is pathetic, but is like an ultimate try for many to have fun in this game. I'm playing for more than 4 years. I'm too old for heroism like try to 3 stars every Prestige base full of high level Guard Reserve and buffed turrets just for one crate with a few frags of a unit I will take years to complete at higher levels...

Games should be fun at least, don't you think? Then, give the fun, and we give the money. I'm still waiting to see if Zynga devs think games should primarily be fun. Or if are only about money.

I've stopped caring. Deactivating my notifications was the best thing EVER!!!! Now I just log on if I fancy a game, which is precisely what gaming should be!!! it's not a job after all.

The events would be great, and from the look of it that's what a lot of us are/were holding out for...

Personally speaking, I've been gaming for a LONG time, and this is probably been the most committed to a game I've ever been, but in all honestly .... months of stagnation since prestige has killed it. I couldn't give a flying fuck about any tournaments on the horizon...I just don't care....

In fact this week alone I've installed 2 other games..............

Enjoy it if you can, but don't sweat it....... there's always a better game on the horizon, and 2019 will be massive for gaming.

Lynch
Commander

Post#59 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:18 am

I think the events are ok, and are a good change of pace, but they are not a game changer. When we had a month long or longer stretch of events, they eventually got boring as well. The key is what are we trying to unlock? If there is decent stuff, then be it conflicts or events, I don't care, I will grind the conflict, or trudge through the event.

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#60 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:44 am

Lynch wrote:

I think the events are ok, and are a good change of pace, but they are not a game changer. When we had a month long or longer stretch of events, they eventually got boring as well. The key is what are we trying to unlock? If there is decent stuff, then be it conflicts or events, I don't care, I will grind the conflict, or trudge through the event.

For me it's just about having another option. At the moment you either play to just play , play wars, or you are in a tournament... having another option, in particular one that you can just play a few games to hit a few frags rather than wait all week to get to some 2% bullshit... well it can be a big difference.

No one says you have to grind to the elite crates, I've done that many a time, but sometimes it's just nice to grind to say the AT-ATC mid level or something. You can do that with very minimal stress or time.

Return to “General Discussions”