Final Nail In The Coffin For SWC?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
ChiptheFish
Major General

Re: Final Nail In The Coffin For SWC?

Post#21 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:04 am

I don't collect medals, but if I did, this would be game over for me.
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ Prestige, Medals: 28K, Battle Rank: 14(Android)
FriskyEwoks: Level 50 Squad - Join us!

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#22 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:30 am

RoguePossum wrote:TSQL get someone to read the entire thread to you that can comprehend the whole conversation. Thank you for picking out part of the story and assuming you're correct...you're not. Not one part of anything I said was directed to mkenobi. If you need help understanding, just ask. How's that foot taste?

You're an idiot.

That is all.

EDIT:

ChiptheFish wrote:I don't collect medals, but if I did, this would be game over for me.

I was medal maxed and got hit with it. 143k gone ... poof.

It irks me enough to say I won't spend any more money. And there are a lot of people that are less of an addict than me.

I know, logically, that the medals don't really mean much, but I don't think I have ever just flat been shit on by a game developer like this and then been told "too bad" in such a way.

It really is mind-boggling.

DOUBLE EDIT: Thanks, DS ;)
Last edited by Midge on Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#23 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:10 am

That sucks man........... has it affected your match making at all? My little level 8 base is on 22k medals and gets matched up against prestige base all the time now ...
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!!

CaptainArcher

Post#24 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:06 am

Greetings Commander David,

As previously stated, we do not have the ability to adjust your medal count; however, the development team has issued a compensation crate of crystals based on the amount of medals you lost. We are unable to provide any further compensation for the situation as this is the decision made by the Development team.

Please be aware, as we have kindly let you know about the resolve multiple times and compensation has been issued to accounts seeing a decrease in medal counts, any further inquiries about this situation will be resolved without response.

May the Force be with you,
Brittney
STAR WARS™: Commander Support

CoolGuy
Major General

Post#25 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:17 am

CaptainArcher wrote:
Greetings Commander David,

As previously stated, we do not have the ability to adjust your medal count; however, the development team has issued a compensation crate of crystals based on the amount of medals you lost. We are unable to provide any further compensation for the situation as this is the decision made by the Development team.

Please be aware, as we have kindly let you know about the resolve multiple times and compensation has been issued to accounts seeing a decrease in medal counts, any further inquiries about this situation will be resolved without response.

May the Force be with you,
Brittney
STAR WARS™: Commander Support

That is pretty pathetic - in other words "go away and leave us alone".

systemshock
Captain

Post#26 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:09 pm

I wonder how is it they know how much medals a player has lost (the letter says "the development team has issued a compensation crate of crystals based on the amount of medals you lost"), but at the same time it is not possible to get that value restored. It is probably an integer value stored in some database record.

There are many possible explanations. For example, there may have been some data loss and they do not have the original medal count for the affected accounts. Thus, the "based on the amount of medals you lost" bit may be another way of saying "based on an estimation/guess of what your medal count was". But then again, how is that guess made and how do they know how much crystals to give to each player?

Here is another one: technically it may be easier to give a player a compensation, than to look up the original value for his/her account and then restore it. It may be that the support people can do the compensation part themselves, while the other option obviously requires the dev team to write a script or something, which will automatically restore the data for each account. This would explain the part of the letter, which says that they are not able to restore the medal count -- it is logical to assume that whatever access support has to the game data, they do not have the rights to alter stats such as the medals, to prevent abuse. They do seem to have the right to compensate, though.

If you think about it, it was similar to what happened with the windows server. When they closed it, they did it in a very rude and unprofessional way. They could have found a way to transfer our accounts, instead of just pulling the plug on them. But they didn't and they even left a lot of people without any compensation at all. Also, the compensation was far from being enough to fully restore our bases.

So basically, what we see now is similar to what happened back then. The dev team seems to not be involved at all in fixing the damages. It is the guys from support that are left to cover for the caused problems by compensating users with crystals.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#27 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:20 am

Richaldo wrote:That sucks man........... has it affected your match making at all? My little level 8 base is on 22k medals and gets matched up against prestige base all the time now ...

My Rebel HQ 8 is matched with 10-Prestige too. I went from 11k medals to 8k because i stopped playing with this account, and any Hq 10 takes from me about 30 medals for 3 stars, while if - IF - I am able to 3 stars a level 9-10 I got less than 20 medals. I think it just because this base is fully maxed out (even all traps are level 8). So so stupid than use medals to define your rivals is using base strenght. If you are maxed out and medal cap you will live in the SWC hell.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige / HQ 6 in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 / HQ 6 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

strawman3125
Commodore

Post#28 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:33 am

mkenobi wrote:
Richaldo wrote:That sucks man........... has it affected your match making at all? My little level 8 base is on 22k medals and gets matched up against prestige base all the time now ...

My Rebel HQ 8 is matched with 10-Prestige too. I went from 11k medals to 8k because i stopped playing with this account, and any Hq 10 takes from me about 30 medals for 3 stars, while if - IF - I am able to 3 stars a level 9-10 I got less than 20 medals. I think it just because this base is fully maxed out (even all traps are level 8). So so stupid than use medals to define your rivals is using base strenght. If you are maxed out and medal cap you will live in the SWC hell.

I have not seen an HQ8 with either of my HQ8s in ages, just lots of prestige bases these days... it would be really nice to be able to fight opponents at my own level with those accounts!!!

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#29 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:14 pm

The best matchmaking I get is revenge attacks on Tatooine. When I search for opponents with my level nine base, I pretty much only see Prestige bases on every planet. It may take 20-30 skips on Dando or Tako to see a 10. On Tat, all I see is Prestige, but Prestige are locked out from attacking nines, so I get attacked by 10's and sometimes 9's. I probably revenge about half of them (sucks when you plant on one, lol).

Return to “General Discussions”