base ratings & ksod

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Spartan
Cadet Trooper

base ratings & ksod

Post#1 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:29 am

Hello everyone,

What is better in rating an opponent, ksod or the Signup List Generator?

Our squad, in its last 3 wars has gone up against squads that were on average 90% our strength, based on ksod.

The Signup List Generator, however had all 3 opponents at least 5% better total base strength than ours.

The result is that we lost 2 and drew 1.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thx
Spartan
Dark_Dynasty

Beththeboss
Commander

Re: base ratings & ksod

Post#2 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:45 am

I’m not sure what you’re asking? Both sign up generator and ksod just pull base scores from the game data. These don’t give you any indication of whether the players involved are any good. Not sure why they’re different though.

In the end either tactics and organisation will win out in ops wars and good old fashioned skill will win in no ops wars. If you’re looking for some indication of potential success based on base scores then I wouldn't bother, you can see mismatches in game without looking at base scores. Base scores are largely irrelevant, the only thing I find them useful for is that they do give an indication of how much work you’ll need to do to clear that base.
Empire Lvl 11 95k+ medals (Circleof.Masters)
Empire Lvl 9 14k+ medals (Circleof.Sabers)

Spartan
Cadet Trooper

Post#3 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:57 am

Thx Beththeboss. I agree that they dont give any clue to the skill level of the opponent.

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#4 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:17 am

Spartan wrote:Our squad, in its last 3 wars has gone up against squads that were on average 90% our strength, based on ksod.

That stat is pulled from their skill rating versus yours, not their base strength.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#5 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:28 am

Just look at their recent W/L record first, then medal count and base rating of the participants.
KSOD ranking can be VERY misleading. It’s more to do with how often a squad warred than winning. A squad that wars twice a week can be in the top 500 without winning any match (complete joke to me).

luke50

Post#6 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:29 pm

I agree fully with the prior responses. I see a lot of squads with 8-12 Prestige bases, and upon closer inspection are really a bunch of glorified 9's rushed up to Prestige. They get rolled and don't have the attack skills and lose, even though on paper, they look good from an HQ level standpoint. War won/loss and total base score of the participants is a far better indicator, and of the two won/loss is the one I look at first.

LS

Return to “General Discussions”