ISSUE: Medal Count Not Displaying Properly

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Toydarian
Commodore

Re: ISSUE: Medal Count Not Displaying Properly

Post#191 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:24 pm

DeathStriker wrote:I would support a single e-mail sent by someone "on behalf of all SWC Players" which was respectful, stated the plain facts (did not embellish), and ask for reasonable resolutions to include a more detailed reason as to why Medals can not be restored other than we (as in Support) can not restore Medals, if that is truly what is the final result.

Best of luck to all effected by #MedalGate.

Thank you DS. That is exactly, exactly, what I had in mind. Thank you once more. No BS, no rant, no embellishment. As it is. Will share once sent...my Sunday job.

Best, T
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 50)
Podracer repairs by appointment only

DeathStriker

Post#192 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:40 pm

:arrow: ANY COMMUNICATION with the Powers that Be in Disney should include the financial impact (money talks) of their decision to not restore Medals which has resulted in many Players both effected and not effected even more disinclined to spend any further money to buy Crystals which will in turn effect Disney's bottom line.

Disney and Zygna still see SWC as a money maker but decisions like their response to the Lost of Medals hurt the "value" of SWC as a profitable Intellectual Property (IP).

I hope that both Disney, and maybe in turn Zygna, sees the "value" of supporting their Customers with more than throwing Crystals at them but actually fixing Issues whatever they may be.

My additional thoughts on this Topic...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Toydarian
Commodore

Post#193 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:03 pm

Spock wrote:Any extra support from anyone can’t hurt and I for one certainly appreciate yours on this issue my friend.

Thanks Spock. I have sent this to Disney's CEO:

Dear Mr Iger,
Star Wars Commander – The Game
First, thank you for your precious time in, I hope, reading this e-mail. I am a long time Star Wars fan, ever since seeing “A New Hope”, back then, in my youth, and all the great episodes since. So I thank you personally, and your company, for keeping the Star Wars genre alive, healthy, and inspiring to all of us, around the globe, who have been enthralled by George Lucas’ original vision. Long may it continue, under your leadership.
The reason for reaching out to you with this e-mail: I am one of a large community of subscribers to your Star Wars Commander (SWC) on-line game, personally, having been a player for over 3 years. Many others amongst the community, have been true veterans since its launch, and, although there have been quite a few “bumps in the road” over time, as the game as evolved, it still enjoys a massive following, around the world, for those who enjoy the gaming experience, with all its many facets.
But, and this is quite a big but, the game has entered a dark phase of late. SWC rewards players with medals as they progress, which, amongst other things, denotes their ranking within the global community. All fine, as it should be. But just recently, what I can only describe as a random, but large, sample of players, have had their medal counts slashed….and I mean, really slashed. Without any explanation, none. So, those affected, those players who have invested time and, most of all money, in this great game, to progress, are feeling disenfranchised at best; the range of feelings covers a wide spectrum, as I hope you might comprehend. To say nothing about the numerous distortions that this episode has created within the wider body of the SWC kirk.
Your support team has, I know, been fending off a huge volume of tickets submitted about this issue. Meagre compensation has been issued to those affected, by your developers, which, I can only describe as “salt on the wound”. And the support team has stated, unequivocally, that lost medals will NOT re reinstated. Not good.
In conclusion, it may be that you are completely up to speed on this issue. If not, I respectfully ask you to, please:
1) Take a short brief from your SWC Support and Developer team on this issue.
2) Commission a clear statement, to us all, by a member of your Exec why this has happened, and the company’s future intentions.
3) Instruct your developers to do, what you think fit, to remedy the issue.

I thank you for reading.
I can only remain, an SWC fan, and, hopefully, echo the sentiments of your, yes your, SWC community, as a whole.
Best,
JCTT (in game name) and Toydarian (in game name)

Spock, feel free to post this on the Line chat about #medalgate, if you on there, if you think it worth it.

Best, T
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 50)
Podracer repairs by appointment only

Harshit
Commodore

Post#194 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:43 pm

Toydarian wrote:
Spock wrote:Any extra support from anyone can’t hurt and I for one certainly appreciate yours on this issue my friend.

Dear Mr Iger,
First, thank you for your precious time in, I hope, reading this e-mail. I am a long time Star Wars fan, ever since seeing “A New Hope”, back then, in my youth, and all the great episodes since. So I thank you personally, and your company, for keeping the Star Wars genre alive, healthy, and inspiring to all of us, around the globe, who have been enthralled by George Lucas’ original vision. Long may it continue, under your leadership.
The reason for reaching out to you with this e-mail: I am one of a large community of subscribers to your Star Wars Commander (SWC) on-line game, personally, having been a player for over 3 years. Many others amongst the community, have been true veterans since its launch, and, although there have been quite a few “bumps in the road” over time, as the game as evolved, it still enjoys a massive following, around the world, for those who enjoy the gaming experience, with all its many facets.
But, and this is quite a big but, the game has entered a dark phase of late. SWC rewards players with medals as they progress, which, amongst other things, denotes their ranking within the global community. All fine, as it should be. But just recently, what I can only describe as a random, but large, sample of players, have had their medal counts slashed….and I mean, really slashed. Without any explanation, none. So, those affected, those players who have invested time and, most of all money, in this great game, to progress, are feeling disenfranchised at best; the range of feelings covers a wide spectrum, as I hope you might comprehend. To say nothing about the numerous distortions that this episode has created within the wider body of the SWC kirk.
Your support team has, I know, been fending off a huge volume of tickets submitted about this issue. Meagre compensation has been issued to those affected, by your developers, which, I can only describe as “salt on the wound”. And the support team has stated, unequivocally, that lost medals will NOT re reinstated. Not good.
In conclusion, it may be that you are completely up to speed on this issue. If not, I respectfully ask you to, please:
2) Commission a clear statement, to us all, by a member of your Exec why this has happened, and the company’s future intentions.

I thank you for reading.
I can only remain, an SWC fan, and, hopefully, echo the sentiments of your, yes your, SWC community, as a whole.
Best,

Spock, feel free to post this on the Line chat about #medalgate, if you on there, if you think it worth it.

Best, T

Thanks Toydarian for your time invested in this mail on behalf of affected players. I reported this to my squads and I and they too support you and thanked you for your letter. Though I have not been affected by this issue but my both squadmates have been affected and I too feel their disappointment towards the devs, hope the devs listen to our demands and fix this issue at earliest.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

Spock
Admiral

Post#195 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:07 pm

Toydarian wrote:

Dear Mr Iger,

I thank you for reading.
Best,

Best, T

Really classy letter mate. You summed it all up and represented us well. Thanks! I will share it. :)
Hope you get a reply.

Leader of the imperial_enclave. Flagship of the enclave brotherhood of squads.
Always looking for active lvl10 commanders. Line app required.

CaptainArcher

Post#196 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:02 am

RECENT REPLY FROM DISNEY reference the medals fiasco. After numerous emails. final reply was:

Greetings Commander,

I can certainly understand where you're coming from. That said, our development team has issued the amount of compensation based on the amount of medals lost. Please know that while we will share your negative feedback with our developers, we are unable to adjust your medals or the amount of crystals provided in your compensation crate.

Sincerely,
Chad
STAR WARS™: Commander Support

My final reply was:

Hi Chad,

A nice message from Disney that is different from a standard reply. Thank you Chad. Most appreciated. .... I understand your hands are tied by the developers. Such a shame and very short sighted of developers though.
I worked out I spent, since January, so just under 1 year, £2000.00 on SWC....
NOW ...they will receive ZERO from me. I just won’t spend any more on the game if I can lose everything overnight and it’s not retrievable.
That’s a terrible marketing plan and Disney losses money! Unethically as well.
Well Chad, I’ve said my piece and I realise your hands are tied.
Don’t be surprised if some of those very upset members try to hack the game and damage it. (It’s all over the internet!)
It would terrible to think your developers had set the ignition paper and just walked away, leaving a very good income generator in tatters. Terrible.
Maybe you need to seriously look at the way you look after your very honest hardworking Star Wars fans.
Have a good da6 and thank you for listening.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Edited Quote To Prevent Confusion

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#197 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:08 am

Excellent piece of prose; I really hope that Mr Iger or another high up the corporate tree will read it, interpret it as a piece of very bad press for Disney Inc. as a whole and take appropriate action.

I feel only the pain of loss of wasted efforts as I have only once invested 10€ in this game, but for those who rally spent money on SWC it must be infuriating to see their investments go up in smoke.

Another approach might be if someone would reach out to the press…
A Headline like "Disney steals money from its Customers" or "Vanishing Medals bring Disney Star Wars mobile game down" or so might be a next step...

Think about it, these days ratings and press are valued in gold...

Cheers
Darth Bratzzz
Proud Officer of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many experienced and motivated longtime high-level players; regular/against OP/NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken. Worldwide brotherhood of rebel scourges :twisted:

StrikerRebel
Commodore

Post#198 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:36 am

Toydarian wrote:

Dear Mr Iger,

I thank you for reading.
Best,

Best, T

Thx toydarian for these words, but imo this ass-bitches are just too lazy to fix that disaster, cant find words for that crap...maybe the massive protest will change something after next SM
Leader of ActiveDonatorYMW (former TOP 50 Windows-Squad ActiveDonator)
We are on the way to get back in the Top50 and searching for fearless rebels fighting with us against the Empire.
Perks maxxed out at 50 and ranked in the Top200 now....

ChiptheFish
Major General

Post#199 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:42 am

The tragedy of this particular debacle is that they're disenfranchising their most active and long time players, and often their most loyal and financially supportive. Unbelievable they can't make an exception and just restore the values they obviously have access to and used to "compensate" with tiers of crestal crates.
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ Prestige, Medals: 28K, Battle Rank: 14(Android)
FriskyEwoks: Level 50 Squad - Join us!

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#200 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:09 am

Great letter from Toydarian, and I really would sign for that, but we are talking about Disney, a mega company that have billions in profit per year with parks, movies, toys, books. And games for a company like this mean just a little piece of, and sorry for saying, a totally insignificance piece of the cake.

After the fiasco of the Solo movie, what Disney did? They decided stop the production of new spin off movies and now are going to sell TV shows on their streaming service. They don't care about a few players paying to play a game, and they don't give a shit if you stopped put your money in the game or deleted the game, because others will install and pay, and actually any of the profit with the game means nothing to Disney.

The only good thing to hapenned in the SWC history is that instead of closing the game like they did on Windows and are going to do with Amazon, was the fact they gave SWC iOS/Android to Zynga. They could just shut the servers, and don't give a fuck about mobile games anymore. As they already are doing.

Hope Zynga have at least freedom to really improve the game, add new features, and fix all the bugs. Hope Zynga to be a company that respect and fight to please their consumers. But I hope for the good of the game every player affected by the #MedalGate get his medals back.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige / HQ 6 in "BombSquad18" (Level 50 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 / HQ 6 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

Return to “General Discussions”