ISSUE: Medal Count Not Displaying Properly

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
SpaceDandy
Captain

Re: ISSUE: Medal Count Not Displaying Properly

Post#181 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:14 pm

Boog wrote:And they should remove medals from the matchmaking algorithm (should have done that years ago, anyway).

Boog might be on to something. If they know the medal construct will be scrapped, overhauled or its role in matchmaking, et al. eliminated soon... I can see them being indifferent (Well, even MORE indiffertthan usual).
Last edited by DeathStriker on Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Added Quote for Clarity
Officer, RoughTeam, a fun, active, & competitive rebel squad

Rebelscummer
Major General

Post#182 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:25 pm

I don't even want to post and new videos on my YT channel, what's the point, bug after bug, I wonder who's paying to play???

Chaotic999
Captain

Post#183 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:13 pm

I will subscribe Rebelscummer it will give me something to do in-between dropping 18 jumps on a rushed lvl11 base.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ

DeathStriker

Post#184 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:35 am

FINAL OFFICIAL NOTICE

I, like some others, have already seen this from Disney Mobile Support posted here.

RESOLVED: Lost or Decreased Medals after latest update to STAR WARS™ Commander

UPDATED 12/06/2018:

This issue has now been resolved. As a token of appreciation for your patience, players affected by this issue will receive a Gratuity Crate of Crystals.

NOTE: Crate additions are based on the amount of medals found to be lost by a player.

POSTED 11/29/2018:

Some players have reported their medals lost or decreased in amount after the most recent update to STAR WARS™ Commander. Please note that our Production team is actively investigating the issue and working toward a solution.

AND SO... All hopes by those effected by #MedalGate of getting Medals back seems now to be squashed... Sad how they handled this Issue... :cry:

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Toydarian
Commodore

Post#185 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:46 pm

Yes DS, I too saw the official notice earlier today. That Disney Mobile Support states that "This issue has now been resolved" must rank as the ultimate travesty, and yet another kick in the face, not only to those affected, medal count wise, but also to the whole SWC community. By any standard, this has been customer treatment at it's very worst, and a complete PR shambles. Although neither I, nor any of my squadmates were affected per se, my anger has been growing daily since the #medalgate debacle started to unfold, and as I have read the countless posts here in this forum, and in the Line groups that I am in. Had I, or any of mine been affected, I would have been pretty incandescent!

So, pondering this last night, I thought: "This issue is above Disney Support, and above the Devs. I wonder if Disney's CEO (Robert Iger) is sighted on this debacle". So, I have found his e-mail address, and I am strongly minded to "reach out" (sic) to him on behalf of our community, to express our collective disgust at the way his troops have handled this appalling saga. But before I launch, I wanted to check with both you and @Spock in particular that you would support such an inject. I am not in the #medalgate Line group, nor wish to be, so it maybe that someone has done this already.

Anyway, grateful for thoughts from you, DS, and Spock. If you support, I will craft a measured e-mail to Mr Iger, and share it with forum members here before I press "send".

Best, T
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 50)
Podracer repairs by appointment only

DeathStriker

Post#186 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:10 pm

Toydarian wrote:So, pondering this last night, I thought: "This issue is above Disney Support, and above the Devs. I wonder if Disney's CEO (Robert Iger) is sighted on this debacle". So, I have found his e-mail address, and I am strongly minded to "reach out" (sic) to him on behalf of our community, to express our collective disgust at the way his troops have handled this appalling saga. But before I launch, I wanted to check with both you and @Spock in particular that you would support such an inject. I am not in the #medalgate Line group, nor wish to be, so it maybe that someone has done this already.

Anyway, grateful for thoughts from you, DS, and Spock. If you support, I will craft a measured e-mail to Mr Iger, and share it with forum members here before I press "send".

Best, T

Toydarian - You must make your own decision on whether or not to e-mail a CEO of a Major Company. Anyone who does should have a "Personal Stake" in the Issue.

While I, and my Squadmates were not effected, I do feel for those whom do.

While, it is true Medals Gained are something to be proud of, the truth is that Medals only cause you to see more Advanced Players.

I am less concerned about the loss of Medal than the seemingly lack of concern for the Players by the "Powers that be" to try to fix the "issue".

I am more concerned on what their "attitude" will be in the future if something more Major happens like the issue we saw where (like myself) Players lost their Bases and were sent back to the Tutorial. Would they simply send a small Gratituty Crate and NOT restore the Bases? Thankfully the last time they did, but in the future... Hmmm... :roll:

And so... we head into a time where Zygna will be in control and hopefully will handle issues like #MedalGate in a more professional manner.

Toydarian
Commodore

Post#187 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:44 pm

DS, a very fair and balanced reply. Thank you. Of course it is my decision, only mine - my post was not an attempt to blur that, no way. I do not, using your words, have a "personal stake" in the issue as such, BUT I do feel that I want to stand up for all of us, collectively. Truth unto power. Reading your reply to mine, best, then, if I don't share what I plan to send here. That is fine.

I hope Spock will pick up on this and input.

Thanks.

Spock
Admiral

Post#188 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:46 pm

Toydarian wrote:DS, a very fair and balanced reply. Thank you. Of course it is my decision, only mine - my post was not an attempt to blur that, no way. I do not, using your words, have a "personal stake" in the issue as such, BUT I do feel that I want to stand up for all of us, collectively. Truth unto power. Reading your reply to mine, best, then, if I don't share what I plan to send here. That is fine.

I hope Spock will pick up on this and input.

Thanks.

Any extra support from anyone can’t hurt and I for one certainly appreciate yours on this issue my friend.

Leader of the imperial_enclave. Flagship of the enclave brotherhood of squads.
Always looking for active lvl10 commanders. Line app required.

DeathStriker

Post#189 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:03 pm

I would support a single e-mail sent by someone "on behalf of all SWC Players" which was respectful, stated the plain facts (did not embellish), and ask for reasonable resolutions to include a more detailed reason as to why Medals can not be restored other than we (as in Support) can not restore Medals, if that is truly what is the final result.

Best of luck to all effected by #MedalGate.

Toydarian
Commodore

Post#190 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:19 pm

Spock wrote:Any extra support from anyone can’t hurt and I for one certainly appreciate yours on this issue my friend.

Spock, appreciate that. I will do as I said, then will share afterwards. Thank you.

Return to “General Discussions”