Why are they pissed at Amazon?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Spirit
Major General

Re: Why are they pissed at Amazon?

Post#31 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:46 am

I found the Wikipedia info about Zynga quite interesting. It shows their business is mobile games on Facebook, with lots of advertising and data harvesting.
It is also clear why Amazon could not allow SWC in its app sore from Zynga. Zynga likes direct in app purchasing to Zynga. Amazon does not permit that option.
Not sure of the future of SWC via Google and ios but at least it seems the game has a future and Zynga will promote SWC.
An Amazon player, squeezing every last minute from the game..

Player name Dog. Biting rebs across the galaxy.

geoman48
Major General

Post#32 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:06 am

any updates on installing SWC via Google Play? I've tried it with no success. I'd like something easy enough to tell my 12 year old kids how to do it please, not highly technical stuff that takes hours. My 12 year olds aren't on FB, but I MAY create a dummy account for them solely for SWC which is just dumb IMO.

Spirit
Major General

Post#33 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:20 am

No success yet geoman48. Same here, I created dummy accounts on FB for myself and grandchildren, purely for SWC which indeed is crazy.
I am experimenting with a simple way to run SWC on our Amazons and will post here if I find a solution.
Yes we can replace Fire OS with android etc but I dont want that either. I like my Amazon Fires so just want to run SWC as well as Amazon stuff.
The Force is with us.

luke50

Post#34 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:10 pm

There is some glimmer of hope that the Google Play and Facebook option can work. My brother and I tried it, but it froze on the splash page. Another member who just loaded the apk files and Google Play, and opened a FB account today, got it to work. This might be a compatibility issue with the old apk files and Google Play. Will test it tomorrow on a tablet that does not have any apk files loaded and go through the whole process. Crossing my fingers.

LS

ChiptheFish
Major General

Post#35 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:57 pm

luke50 wrote:There is some glimmer of hope that the Google Play and Facebook option can work. My brother and I tried it, but it froze on the splash page. Another member who just loaded the apk files and Google Play, and opened a FB account today, got it to work. This might be a compatibility issue with the old apk files and Google Play. Will test it tomorrow on a tablet that does not have any apk files loaded and go through the whole process. Crossing my fingers.

LS

Never say die!

Nice if you can keep going, and if you stop, it's on your own terms - not the devs whims.
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ Prestige, Medals: 28K, Battle Rank: 14(Android)
FriskyEwoks: Level 50 Squad - Join us!

Spirit
Major General

Post#36 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:05 am

To put this issue with Amazon into perspective, Clash of Clans has just arrived in the Amazon app store!! Yes it is true.
If my calculations are right and we get a blue moon tonight, we should see SWC back in our beloved Amazon app store by 2026.
so just remember to mothball your game using Facebook, tap your fingers until 2026, and hey presto!!

Never surrender, we will not be beaten.

Return to “General Discussions”