NOTICE: SWC No Longer Playable on Amazon Devices Effective January 7 2019

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Centaur
Captain

Re: NOTICE: SWC No Longer Playable on Amazon Devices Effective January 7 2019

Post#21 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:06 am

I wonder how many folks we lost.
The Force! Do you speak it!!!

SpaceDandy
Captain

Post#22 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:32 am

Thirty days after, the day it got cut off, call it, Feb 8, when inactives fall out of squads, the ksod numbers should give so kind of indicator even if there is some noise from the usual monthly churn...
Officer, RoughTeam, a fun, active, & competitive rebel squad

Centaur
Captain

Post#23 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:23 pm

I know it’s already been said. But, I think it’s a real shame the Kindle players got dumped like that. I’d at least have tried to provide some path forward to another device. I’ve heard there’s a way. But, I’m hearing some folks are having difficulty with it.
The Force! Do you speak it!!!

Crankyface
Commander

Post#24 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:16 am

Centaur wrote:I know it’s already been said. But, I think it’s a real shame the Kindle players got dumped like that. I’d at least have tried to provide some path forward to another device. I’ve heard there’s a way. But, I’m hearing some folks are having difficulty with it.

Exactly the same fate to us windows players, i'm 2 for 2 now lol, lost windows base moved to a economically Kindle device which ran the game great and now looking for another alternative lol
Leader of KARNAGE - Part of the Kenobi-Academy Family

lukeskywalker
Commodore

Post#25 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:57 am

Cranky,

If you are open to getting an Android device, the 2018 or 2019 Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6 works fine, and is listed at $179.00. It's not the greatest, but it is a reasonable solution cost wise. You may need the devs help in restoring your old base, so hopefully you kept the player ID handy. The bonus of the Samsung tablet, is it's very easy to create other users, so you can run multiple bases if you want. E.g. a main base and a feeder base, to help keep your squad center full, when no other players are on or don't have the units you are looking for. My brother ended up using that as a solution. Good luck!
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Crankyface
Commander

Post#26 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:16 pm

lukeskywalker wrote:Cranky,

If you are open to getting an Android device, the 2018 or 2019 Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6 works fine, and is listed at $179.00. It's not the greatest, but it is a reasonable solution cost wise. You may need the devs help in restoring your old base, so hopefully you kept the player ID handy. The bonus of the Samsung tablet, is it's very easy to create other users, so you can run multiple bases if you want. E.g. a main base and a feeder base, to help keep your squad center full, when no other players are on or don't have the units you are looking for. My brother ended up using that as a solution. Good luck!

I have my base on 2 other android phones as back up, just liked the bigger screen for these old eyes lol. I have looked at the Tab E, had one in the past but i found the game sluggish after a few updates. I will look at the newer model and see what the specs are.

Thanks Luke!
Leader of KARNAGE - Part of the Kenobi-Academy Family

lukeskywalker
Commodore

Post#27 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:44 pm

The game play seems fine but not top of the line, and I know what you mean by sluggish. That part is still there. I think the worst part is the start up and switching users. Samsung has a lot of bloatware, so it takes time loading that stuff and we see an occasional freezing in the load up. No actual crashes or losses in game play itself, knock on wood!
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Spirit
Major General

Post#28 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:37 am

Nice to see you guys hanging in there too. I had multiple accounts on several Amazon tablets, but bit the bullet and decided to stick to 1 and back up on FB. My grandson gave me his old Samsung tablet but it is not really up to it. My old pc and laptop cant run swc either.
So I am out of my squad and just logging in every few days to keep it running on the old Samsung.
I am still hoping for a long term solution on Amazon tablets. I am still experimenting on that. It should work eventually. I am trying for a standard, non rooted workaround.
good luck to all.
Player name Dog. Biting rebs across the galaxy.

RebelRick
Squadron Leader

Post#29 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:59 am

I had 3 accounts, L8, 6 and 4. Lost all, so have given up. Invested a lot of time and not prepared to do it again. Fun while it lasted, met some good guys but that's done now.

Toydarian
Commodore

Post#30 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:11 am

RebelRick wrote:I had 3 accounts, L8, 6 and 4. Lost all, so have given up. Invested a lot of time and not prepared to do it again. Fun while it lasted, met some good guys but that's done now.

Really sorry to hear that RebelRick, such a shame. Just lost one of my top players too....with 2 accounts in my squad, one at P lvl. He lost his P account, and found the gameplay with his alt on FB Gameroom just not to his liking. Towel thrown in. It takes a heck of a lot of time and effort to bring on an develop good players, so I find it just galling to loose players in this way. Such is, I guess, the tech reality of where we are today.....but all these teeth kicks are getting harder to stomach.
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 50)
Podracer repairs by appointment only

Return to “General Discussions”