War Matchmaking..Is This For Real?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Toydarian
Captain

War Matchmaking..Is This For Real?

Post#1 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:43 pm

So, we all want to bring on our junior squad mates, yes? Give them the joy of squad wars, yes? So here is what we were dished up following matchmaking tonight:

My bunch:
2 x Prestige
1 x 10
5 x 9
2 x 8
3 x 5
2 x 4

Imps:
11 x Prestige (eyes water)
3 x 10
1 x 9

No worries, we will give it a go, but, this does diddly squat to encourage newer players into the game.
Shocking, just shocking.
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 49)
Podracer repairs by appointment only

AirplaneManiac
Lieutenant

Re: War Matchmaking..Is This For Real?

Post#2 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:03 pm

Tis the joys of matchmaking....
Went to battle last week, it was something like:
Us: 4 x lv9, 3-4 lv 8, 3-4 lv , etc, down till a lv 3...
Them: 2 x prestige, 3-4 x lv 10, 3-4 x lv 9, then a few lv 8 - 6...
(Numbers are aprox as I don't remember exactly.)

We still won that one though. So it wasn't all despair. :mrgreen:

Moral of the story, Commander matchmaking never works well. :x

ForceMel
Commodore

Post#3 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:15 pm

My squad is now at the point where we are on the other side of that. We usually outmatch our opponent, but it hasn't been as bad as listed above. We get all kinds of battles where we are slightly overmatched, 15 - 12 prestige hq, to wars where we are saying how the other squad must be pissed at being matched up against us.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#4 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:52 am

My point is since a long time ago, Squad Wars are only for squads with maxed out players. HQs 10, and now HQ Prestige. When you are maxed out there's no one above you, maybe more skilled and using better strategy, but not stronger.

I do not play wars, i do not play the game basicly now. My squads are for training, the best players I send to friends squads. But many recruits joining asking for wars. I say "it's okay, let's go"...

We went to War on these days in my Imperial squad after 3 months we lose 2 wars in a row against Rebels Bulgaria, a squad of Level 10 mini bases that kicked our asses. After wait matchamking for almost 10h, what we got? Japan Jedi, another squad of mini bases that kicked our asses too, reaching 45 in just a couple hours -- how to convince players, most them newbies at HQ 5-6 without experience in wars still learning how to attack - to keep interested in a game where you can manipulate the matchmaking to get easy rivals in PvP and Wars?

Saying to them: look they are running mini bases, and getting easy rivals in conflicts, events, wars, while you guys keep upgrading all your base and getting kicked by players 2 level above you, so do the same, build a mini and drop all your medals because if you don't you will lose...

When any newbie realize how the game works about matchmaking, armory, base strenght, medals and how long you need to play to have an insignificant progress, they quit.

I lost 2 officers in my Imperial squad this week. Most newbies joining the game don't last 1 week. Players with more experience go inactive for more than 1 week while decide if they return to the game or not, and I have to keep them to not have empty dead squads in my hands and start from zero all over again...
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

spootieho
Commodore

Post#5 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:56 am

First of all MM is pretty rotten. We have to accept that and try things to get better matches.

Consider your level spread. There probably aren't many squads out there ready for war with the same spread. Also, consider others are trying to play with the horrible match making system.

With that many 5s and 4s, you probably want as little above 8 as possible. Also medal counts have an impact. Some squads say no more than 3 people higher than 8. I don't know how much impact it has, but they say it works.
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders

Tamarack
Commodore

Post#6 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:59 am

We had one a few weeks ago. Our squad was Imperial
2x Prestige
4x10
The rest were a mix of lvl 6-9's.

Our opponent was Kenobi-Academy, all 15 Prestige bases.

We rolled over and continued the frag/upgrade chase. They 45'd us in under 30 minutes, took the planets and held them.
Leader of Dark-Plague
We are recruiting! Send me a message to get in!
Support me in the 2018 Extra-Life Marathon #FTK #extralife @extralife4kids

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#7 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:28 pm

You have to sandbag hard in order to avoid bullshit matches like that if you don't have all high level bases. It sucks, but that is the only way. You need 7-8 bases that will do your attacking, then lower levels that will most likely do nothing. Keep your total medal count as low as you can. I have a level 9 minibase that I hold at 1 medal. I use it for war. My main base is a level IX with ~100K medals. If I put that in a war, no matter who else I include in the war, we will draw the same bullshit draw with all Presiges and 10's, and if we're lucky, one 9.

ChiptheFish
Major General

Post#8 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:31 pm

Boog wrote:You have to sandbag hard in order to avoid bullshit matches like that if you don't have all high level bases. It sucks, but that is the only way. You need 7-8 bases that will do your attacking, then lower levels that will most likely do nothing. Keep your total medal count as low as you can. I have a level 9 minibase that I hold at 1 medal. I use it for war. My main base is a level IX with ~100K medals. If I put that in a war, no matter who else I include in the war, we will draw the same bullshit draw with all Presiges and 10's, and if we're lucky, one 9.

This...ugghh. Hate this reality.
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ Prestige, Medals: 26K, Battle Rank: 13 (Android)
ObiTwo: Officer in this Level 43 Squad - Join us!
Casual but active L4-11 player's welcome. 2-3 wars a week. Any time-zone. English only

LosVega
Major General

Post#9 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:23 pm

Currently waiting to be matched with the following in play:
1 prestige
L10 -2
L8 - 3
L7 -1
L6 - 3
L5 -3
L4
L3

The L7 has more medals than the remaining war squad combined below them, all of them rookies to war except the L3. I'll update when we finally get a match.
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, ROYALX, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite & Duza's Finest - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

spootieho
Commodore

Post#10 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:10 am

After about 11 hours we were matched. Pretty imbalanced considering the extra long wait.

2 Prestige
4 Level 9
7 Level 8
2 Level 6

Vs

10 Prestige
2 Level 10
3 Level 9
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders

Return to “General Discussions”