No longer sandbagging

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Fivecrayfish
Commander

Re: No longer sandbagging

Post#11 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:35 am

mkenobi wrote:
PartylikeVader wrote:Just adding some flavor to this discussion:

“Sandbagger” dev bases exist now. Yes - two turret developer bases.

This would seem contrary to the argument that there is an anti-mini base initiative by SWC devs.

I also had this impression, because some bases I find with my mini Imperial HQ 6 are minis at high level, like HQ 9 and 10, but I don't believe Devs would build mini bases only to adjust them to the matchmaking and base strenght of players running mini bases have similar targets to hit. Is too much stupid for my mind.

More and more players are running minis, more and more squads are getting specialized in use minis in squad wars. Our last 3 wars in my Imperial squad were against squad running mini bases, and we lost all, because their HQs are 8, 9 and 10, and my squad only have newbies at 4-5-6, maybe one or two 7.

I also run a mini base, but I keep saying minis are an epidemic. Is funny running a mini and have easy wins, but is stupid and agasint the original SWC strategy, and is helping to ruin the game even more.

The game can't be ruined anymore unless they take hellish measures for it. I don't see the problem when playing against mini bases, on some of my alts I have had wars against mini squads but I'm yet to lose one of them, they are usually the easier wars IMO
Been playing since day 1, was there to see all the blunders this game made, had over 8 accounts (rebel/imp), still no idea why I'm playing.

luke50

Post#12 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:44 pm

I don't get why players get so bent out of shape with sandbagging. The game is not a level playing field with or without sandbagging. Wallet Warriors, Empire/Rebel imbalances, gr differences, macros, etc. all change how we approach the game. I maxed leveled everything. My brother chose two roads for his two bases, mini base and traditional. The differences allow us to play the game how we want, and allow for time constraints for many.

LS

Chaotic999
Commodore

Post#13 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:12 pm

I have a high lvl base and a mini lvl9 base, its fucking hilarious watching lvl8 noobs struggle with rod snips in GR on the mini base, I think I only lost 2 defs in last 100s of attacks on the mini, and I allways revenge with 12 buffed jumps to crush their spirit, it just makes me smile though. my main base never gets attacked as rebs too fkn scared of me, but what can you do?
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ Disney owe me 78727 medals
#Medalgate victim support helpline 999-999-999-mouse

BusuBoots
Storm Trooper

Post#14 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:09 am

I have two bases. A sandbagger PLV would admire and a regular base(originally started as a donator, but now each of my bases is squad leader in the Spawn conglomerate). Up until the level 10 conflicts(rancors) my regular base would only upgrade HQ after full offense\defense was done. In order to participate in rancor conflicts my regular base defense stays at 8 while offense goes to prestige. Always I upgrade offense before defense, and always I keep medals as low as possible. No problems in attacking the whole time. Oh one more thing: I don't upgrade credit markets or alloy collectors... I get resources from raids.
Spawn Rising is our feeder squad. We need active commanders. Join now!

strawman3125
Commodore

Post#15 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:08 am

Fivecrayfish wrote:Your fault in this was that you bought traps, that's all, had you not bought any traps and upgraded everything else, you'd still be in the run.

I wish I had realized that earlier! I would not have built any traps! They are completely useless against the primary unit in the game: jets/jumps, and having them in your base makes attacking so much more difficult!

It would be really cool if you could remove buildings from your base! I would remove all of the traps!

OR: It would be so cool if there was an armoury skin that would enable your traps to be triggered by jumps/jets!!!!

I also wish that you could downgrade research! Argh!!! I never would have upgraded many my hero's from level from level 7 to level 8 (for my level 8 base), which doubles their cook time for a 5-10% increase in power! I also would not have researched a lot of my air support past certain points with my Prestige base! I would have left my heal ships at level 4, etc. Luckily I noticed that the sharpies more than double in cook time between level 7 and 8 and I did not upgrade them for my level 8 base so they still cook in 1:21 instead of 3:44 at level 8, all for a 5-10% increase in power.

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#16 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:11 am

Upgrading the air is probably an issue. Upgrading the units will not hurt you in the long run. There is a significant boost in power for units in going from level 9 to 10, and you will want that upgrade eventually.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

ForceMel
Major General

Post#17 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:45 pm

After the headquarters, and squad center, what raises your base score the most?
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#18 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:18 pm

ForceMel wrote:After the headquarters, and squad center, what raises your base score the most?

Turrets
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

Fivecrayfish
Commander

Post#19 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:16 am

Shelendil wrote:
ForceMel wrote:After the headquarters, and squad center, what raises your base score the most?

Turrets

Only buying turrets increases score (by 20) upgrading them increases by 5 per level. traps increase score by 30 (for buying). so lvl 1 trap is 30 but lvl 10 trap is only 40
Been playing since day 1, was there to see all the blunders this game made, had over 8 accounts (rebel/imp), still no idea why I'm playing.

Return to “General Discussions”