NOTICE: New Guard Reserve - Rebel Sharp Shooter / Empire Shock Trooper - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
ChiptheFish
Major General

Re: NOTICE: New Guard Reserve - Rebel Sharp Shooter / Empire Shock Trooper - Discussion Topic

Post#111 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:57 pm

PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:I was not clear. I meant I was excited about the prospect of seeing how to beat Sniper/Sullustan GR when Imperials start beating my Sullustans, when I get them unlocked. Then I can finally learn how to play PvP F2P again. I've heard numerous Imperials say how to beat it (just bait, basically, they say), but I've always failed. When the Imperials finally have the chance to show me on my own base, without using 3+ starships, and still win, then I can mimic their attacks and finally be able to play again.

I thought that's what you meant old friend. I also look forward to seeing the attackers' strategies so I can mimic the successful ones... if there are any. It's a bit tongue in cheek though, because I think it will also be a wake-up call to the many Imps that have been so unsympathetic on this forum.
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ Prestige, Medals: 26K, Battle Rank: 13 (Android)
ObiTwo: Officer in this Level 43 Squad - Join us!
Casual but active L4-11 player's welcome. 2-3 wars a week. Any time-zone. English only

StrikerRebel
Captain

Re: NOTICE: New Guard Reserve - Rebel Sharp Shooter / Empire Shock Trooper - Discussion Topic

Post#112 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:21 am

....Level 4 GR sharps with my Level 7 recon is all I need to show every imp, why rebels were whining in the past.....now they need mass of air support to 2 star my base, after those two weeks it will be harder for them for 1 star.....bc in that defenses I lost some Gr sharps with recon buff in the second wave will help a lot to survive.....we will see how much imps will crying in the future like some rebs did in the past.... lets get rdy to rumble folks

Euph
Admiral

Post#113 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:36 am

It's kinda lame that these aren't in HDs or objectives - or any new units for a year or so, really.

'course, we all know if they were in HDs they'd all get mysteriously maxed out within a few days/weeks. ;) But if they can't be bothered fixing that, they could at least put them in objectives and give an upgrade path that's a little less monotonous than conflict grinding.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#114 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:43 am

Yes, fill your Barracks with all these furious Sullustan and IF they are really good -- if they are -- put more 6 buffed Jets in your SC and no one will attack your base anymore, because Imps have Dev bases to attack in 4 planets to get easy points in conflicts or whatever they are doing....

And grinding for Shock GR for Imps is just a shot in the ground, it won't help anything beyond what they already have to defend their bases. It's just a wasting of time they play conflicts for that.

Rebels cryed yesterday, Imps will cry tomorrow, Rebels will cry after tomorrow, Imps will cry... Meanwhile, most playing this game cryes everyday...
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#115 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:55 am

mkenobi wrote:Yes, fill your Barracks with all these furious Sullustan and IF they are really good -- if they are -- put more 6 buffed Jets in your SC and no one will attack your base anymore, because Imps have Dev bases to attack in 4 planets to get easy points in conflicts or whatever they are doing....

And grinding for Shock GR for Imps is just a shot in the ground, it won't help anything beyond what they already have to defend their bases. It's just a wasting of time they play conflicts for that.

Rebels cryed yesterday, Imps will cry tomorrow, Rebels will cry after tomorrow, Imps will cry... Meanwhile, most playing this game cryes everyday...

Funny enough for once I don't think i've seen a single one of us Imps have a moan hahaha! I for one think this is only fair to bring in snipers... I'm actually really up for the challenge! We'll see how it gets on... either way judging by the spending spoke of above in this chat... disney has once again played a blinder getting these funds in since prestige...

Just standard upgrades for me this month... no interest in the new units (of course i'll unlock them - Pokomon syndrom) but yeah... gonna be a very chilled out month for the majority of the Dark side of the Force methinks :)
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!!

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#116 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:55 am

It's important to remember, one or two GR sharpshooter events won't change much in the short to medium term.

Only 2% of the players will get the unlock (unless they have time for multiple Obsidians. Even then the sharp GR will be at level 1, or 2, at most 3). Rebels also haven't had any reason to compete for Sullustan skins before now, so the skins will be at low level too.

For the foreseeable future, GR sharps will not be anywhere near as effective as other higher level GR.

I would be shocked if any Imperial faction players were bothered by this development. It will be business as usual for the Empire faction for months to come. The game may well close down before sharps become as viable an option for Rebel faction commanders as they currently are for Empire faction commanders.

Players who have maxed out other GR (for their HQ level), will have a good chance at more GR Sharp frags in HDs, but I'm pretty sure that's an even smaller pool of players than the top 2%.

Speaking for myself, my GR are at level 6 or 7. I am thousands fo frags away from maxing them out. I am sure I'm not alone in this. Sharp GR will be the weakest option for some time to come for the whole faction.

Don't get me wrong, I welcome this development strongly. It's just arrived far too late in the day.
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#117 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:00 am

It will have more impact than that because the spawn rate of level 1 sharpshooters is the same as the spawn rate of level 5 snipers.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#118 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:18 am

Boog wrote:It will have more impact than that because the spawn rate of level 1 sharpshooters is the same as the spawn rate of level 5 snipers.

Spock's posted the chart at post #63 in this thread. I see what you mean about the spawn rate. But it remains to be seen if that makes any real difference. You're only going to get 3 waves at most until you have the skin at a very high level for either faction. Plus the multipliers against infantry aren't the same.

Once again, I cannot help but notice it would be simpler and fairer if both sides' stats were the same. Faction divisiveness is unhelpful for the future of the game. It alienate customers from each other, rather than encourage them to share in enjoying the game.

We'll see where we are in December re the initial unlocks and spawn rates. After that it'll be about who's maxed out more of their GR frags.
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#119 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:45 am

Good points. But as I said before, this Sharpshooter GR is a shut up for all Rebels sending tickets to Support only to complain because they do not have GR snipers for more than a year. And they gave Shock for Imperials to balance the things, because no Imperial were asking for that crap.

Is this just? Of course it is, but no so fair because while the first GR were available in HDs and Daily Crates, this new GR is available only for those who play conflicts or buy Crates.

And as ObiWan said, it came too late. The mess is done, Imperials have Sniper GR at high level now (mine is Level 8 with Rodians Level 6). Most of Rebels will take a long time until use this new GR. It won't change much.

But as Boog pointed, the difference in spawn can make sharpshooters/Sullustan good at low levels, and for those starting to collect their Armory stuff, and maybe really useful while they keep collecting other equipments.

But as other units in recent past, if these Sharp GR shows itself too OP, one or two nerfs will come in a short time. SWC gives, SWC takes.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

strawman3125
Commodore

Post#120 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:42 am

ChiptheFish wrote:
PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:I was not clear. I meant I was excited about the prospect of seeing how to beat Sniper/Sullustan GR when Imperials start beating my Sullustans, when I get them unlocked. Then I can finally learn how to play PvP F2P again. I've heard numerous Imperials say how to beat it (just bait, basically, they say), but I've always failed. When the Imperials finally have the chance to show me on my own base, without using 3+ starships, and still win, then I can mimic their attacks and finally be able to play again.

I thought that's what you meant old friend. I also look forward to seeing the attackers' strategies so I can mimic the successful ones... if there are any. It's a bit tongue in cheek though, because I think it will also be a wake-up call to the many Imps that have been so unsympathetic on this forum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK6rp3ho2Yo

Return to “General Discussions”