Feedback on New Unit Selection Screens

Please post any suggestions that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Feel free to also encourage Disney with praise of things you like.
ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Re: Feedback on New Unit Selection Screens

Post#21 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:21 pm

My feedback is that I like the update.

For the troop selection, I too would prefer a setting where you could just train the troop you want, without having to opt not to use your sample units.

I understand why the devs have introduced this. Many commanders, particularly at higher levels, have hundreds of sample units in their inventory that they are just not using. However, there are reasons for this.

Firstly, if it's a useful item, like jet samples, they are almost always being saved for Wars where a quick turn around can make a huge difference in a competitive War.

Secondly, for the occasionally useful item, they might also be kept for those occasions when they are useful (eg hunter rancors).

Thirdly, and this is unfortunately the largest category, the units are just not useful in the game any more (eg Dowutin, AT-TE, skiffs, heavies, etc). These units have no place in the modern game. The principal attacking units for both sides in PvP are jets / jumps and have been for some time.

I suspect the lag on these screens, is the game checking to see what samples you have, as you tap in, and then updating the inventory total when you tap out. Seeing as very few people will be using their sample units for the reasons given, this ends up being unnecessary delay, and a cause for irritation.

But the Devs must do what you they think is right, of course.
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

Müllmann

Post#22 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:36 pm

I use with HQ 7 only Samples if i can not build them because i upgrade that building. If i use Samples i go in HQ first, need not the new Screens for that.
I need a button or else to switch the equipment between Offensiv and Defensiv.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#23 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:05 pm

I have a theory on why it lags so much now when scrolling between barracks and factories: it’s because of the high number of sample troops stored in the HQ. When loading the troop selection screen, the game software also loads all HQ sample units because the new interface now requires this information.

I bet in their (Disney) internal testing, that they don’t have as nearly as many HQ samples as most of us do.

JARJAR
Commodore

Post#24 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:11 pm

I bet that they don’t test anything ahahah

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#25 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:48 pm

JARJAR wrote:I bet that they don’t test anything ahahah

:lol: :lol:

Of course they do not test anything, tests would result in more work, and more overtime, more corrections, more delay for Disney to launch an upgrade to force players to spend more crystals...

We're the lab rats, never forget that...
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ10 in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ10 / HQ8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

Tomato
Commodore

Post#26 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:12 pm

JARJAR wrote:I bet that they don’t test anything ahahah

The correct term is that SWC developers practice an "agile" process.
iOS / Android - Tomato: Officer SamuraiHunters
Windows - Tomato: Leader Order-33 (Part of the Order family) Thanks Disney :(

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”