Teaser - GSoW - Coming Soon

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Spock
Admiral

Re: Teaser - GSoW - Coming Soon

Post#61 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:00 pm

solarkabous2 wrote:I have heard that Spock dont like the idea of mini squads and some even got blaclisted on KSOD. Are that going to change with diffirent categories for diffirent groups?

It’s not a personal choice of mine at all actually.
I don’t mind mini squads. But they need to be ranked accordingly and that’s one of the reasons we will have leagues on the new ranking site.
So all squads can be included and ranked more appropriately against squads similar to themselves.

Leader of the Imperial_Enclave.

Check out our YouTube channel with over 800 no outpost replays being shared. Quite possibly the largest collection of commander replays out there.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCW4iVRbrSDJHTBZobNNy7LA

solarkabous2
Storm Trooper

Post#62 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:47 pm

"It’s not a personal choice of mine at all actually.
I don’t mind mini squads. But they need to be ranked accordingly and that’s one of the reasons we will have leagues on the new ranking site.
So all squads can be included and ranked more appropriately against squads similar to themselves."

Cool, thanks Spock

Josketer
Major General

Post#63 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:50 pm

Hi, Spock. Is there a some date for GSoW to be online ?
Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 21--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x
Youtube channel : Josketer
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50

Spock
Admiral

Post#64 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:24 pm

Josketer wrote:Hi, Spock. Is there a some date for GSoW to be online ?

Things are progressing but the holidays might slow things down a little.
We had a few bumps in the road too. These things happen.
We really wanted to have it ready and live for the holidays but it’s looking more like it will be early next year.

Check out our YouTube channel with over 800 no outpost replays being shared. Quite possibly the largest collection of commander replays out there.

Josketer
Major General

Post#65 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:37 am

Spock wrote:Things are progressing but the holidays might slow things down a little.
We had a few bumps in the road too. These things happen.
We really wanted to have it ready and live for the holidays but it’s looking more like it will be early next year.

Thanks for the info,Spock. :)
Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 21--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x
Youtube channel : Josketer
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50

legofanatikeren
Commodore

Post#66 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:59 pm

(Early) Merry Christmas to the GSoW team, and everyone else :)
legofanatikeren Was Here. Leader of Jedi-BladeForce - a training ground for new and experienced younglings alike. Proud officer in The jedi-Family.
#TeamLeo #flæskesteg #DanishHumor
If I meet you - you better like LEGO! :D
... No, seriously - you better do.

Spock
Admiral

Post#67 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:59 pm

Hello SWC community –

We wanted to give you a bit of a detail description of where our progress currently stands with GSoW. I know many of you have contacted Spock, MJ, and/or me about it. We definitely can sense the excited impatience of the community – trust us, we are just as excited to get it out to you. In an effort to stay transparent through our volunteer efforts, here is a short explanation of where we stand.

In October, we made the announcement that GSoW would be coming soon and listed a number of improvements and new features. At the end of October 2018, the server, domains, and hosting platforms were purchased. By mid November 2018, the backend coder who had been working for many months interpreting the KSoD language and converting to the new GSoW structure had finished the backend development. At this point, our database tech and the backend coder started to test the integrity of the language, worked on setting up the database tables, and other necessary functions for the site to work properly. At the same time, our cyber security expert was working on securing the domain and working to limit points of intrusion. Much of this work carried on until late December 2018, just short of the Christmas holiday.

During that time, the GSoW team solicited and found a UX/UI expert who began the heavy lifting on the actual visual design of the new site – main page, squad pages, the new Conflict and MM trackers, etc. This part of the process is ongoing, but is now moving in the optimization phase (fine detail work that makes the site seamless and flowing). New bots were designed and tested to experimentally decide what was the fastest method to extract and present server info in a timely fashion.

At the beginning of 2019, the final critical part of the process was begun – the front end code design that links the backend code to the user interface/experience. Each function that you “click” on the new site has to be coded for so it pulls the information from the backend data, and that has to be done for each and every page where the user could potential move from one page to another. Once this process has been completed, we will move into alpha testing the new GSoW site, make adjustments, and move to the beta site – and finally release.

All this to say, we are close to the final product. All of this work is being done by volunteers who take time from work, family, or social activities. Having said that, we are eager to finish up and get it out to the public. The one thing we do not want to do is push a product out that isn’t ready and fails to meet the minimum expectations of the community or design team.

Thank you and stay tuned – GSoW team

DeathStriker

Post#68 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:56 pm

Spock wrote:Hello SWC community –

We wanted to give you a bit of a detail description of where our progress currently stands with GSoW.

Thank you and stay tuned – GSoW team

Spock - Thanks for Posting :D

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

legofanatikeren
Commodore

Post#69 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:43 am

A huge hat-off from me to you, team GSoW
A lot of work, tons of creating, months of testing, mountains of data, thousands of players, the list goes on.

And all the while, the SWC game itself gets outsourced, server addresses change, and so on and so on. Yet you make do.

A huge tip of the hat from me!
legofanatikeren Was Here. Leader of Jedi-BladeForce - a training ground for new and experienced younglings alike. Proud officer in The jedi-Family.
#TeamLeo #flæskesteg #DanishHumor
If I meet you - you better like LEGO! :D
... No, seriously - you better do.

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#70 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:25 am

Spock out there kicking ass for everyone ... and doing so in the incorrect universe!

Thanks for the update, man.

EDIT: Spock would never be a Sith, buddy. Come to the light.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

Return to “General Discussions”