Teaser - GSoW - Coming Soon

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
LosVega
Major General

Re: Teaser - GSoW - Coming Soon

Post#41 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:02 pm

drogheda wrote:Maybe it would be more accurate if in Gsow ranking league will be based on not CBS but CBS per member of squad

If I follow what has been suggested so far, combined base score (CBS) as proposed will be based on the total squad at time of ranking. What is being suggested now is CBS should be based on the war squad members in order to be more accurate. I believe that the suggestion would bring more volatility to the ranking process and would also be susceptible to manipulation along the lines of the war squad would be only high base score members to gain a higher ranking. Of course the ranking would change as the war squad lineup changes. Same could be said of the proposed method. So I guess the real question is how accurate does it have to be? Given the current state of squad wars where some players are now willing to war in other squads in order to fill rosters, the ranking would only apply to that squad on that given data poll. As soon as the war is over and players move on to allow others to fill for the next war, the CBS changes accordingly. If the players that join the roster all have similar base scores compared to those that left, no big deal. If not, then the ranking changes on the next data poll. A squad with a consistent roster would have no problem placing within their league standing. Those that host a roster from heavy hitters to beginner bases will fluctuate amongst the leagues accordingly. So again, how much accuracy is needed with those given variables?
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, ROYALX, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite & Duza's Finest - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

Spock
Admiral

Post#42 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:09 pm

LosVega wrote:
drogheda wrote:Maybe it would be more accurate if in Gsow ranking league will be based on not CBS but CBS per member of squad

If I follow what has been suggested so far, combined base score (CBS) as proposed will be based on the total squad at time of ranking. What is being suggested now is CBS should be based on the war squad members in order to be more accurate. I believe that the suggestion would bring more volatility to the ranking process and would also be susceptible to manipulation along the lines of the war squad would be only high base score members to gain a higher ranking. Of course the ranking would change as the war squad lineup changes. Same could be said of the proposed method. So I guess the real question is how accurate does it have to be? Given the current state of squad wars where some players are now willing to war in other squads in order to fill rosters, the ranking would only apply to that squad on that given data poll. As soon as the war is over and players move on to allow others to fill for the next war, the CBS changes accordingly. If the players that join the roster all have similar base scores compared to those that left, no big deal. If not, then the ranking changes on the next data poll. A squad with a consistent roster would have no problem placing within their league standing. Those that host a roster from heavy hitters to beginner bases will fluctuate amongst the leagues accordingly. So again, how much accuracy is needed with those given variables?

Exactly this.

Leader of the imperial_enclave. Flagship of the enclave brotherhood of squads.
Always looking for active lvl10 commanders. Line app required.

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#43 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:20 pm

Since the game uses the cbs of the war party as part of matchmaking, it would seem most accurate to base the leagues on that.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

Spock
Admiral

Post#44 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:29 pm

Shelendil wrote:Since the game uses the cbs of the war party as part of matchmaking, it would seem most accurate to base the leagues on that.

We will just agree to disagree then.
Like I said. We discussed this before we started the work and decided against it.
Last edited by Spock on Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#45 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:48 pm

Spock wrote:
Shelendil wrote:Since the game uses the cbs of the war party as part of matchmaking, it would seem most accurate to base the leagues on that.

That’s not how it works though.

Adjusted base score of the war party, at least that was the understanding from the devs.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

Spock
Admiral

Post#46 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:59 pm

Shelendil wrote:
Spock wrote:

That’s not how it works though.

Adjusted base score of the war party, at least that was the understanding from the devs.

That’s actually only part of it. And it’s changed a little since dan posted the war mm info on playdom years ago.

It’s a combination of abs and cbs.
We actually confirmed that with them and tested it out as best we could multiple times before we started the work.
In the end we felt our choice (given our limited resources and lack of official consistent support from the game devs) was the best option.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#47 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:59 pm

Spock wrote:
ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:
Spock wrote:...

I have a question, will it have a page of all player stats, like KSoD - ie the total numbers of Rebel / Empire commanders, attack and defence wins, etc? Those stats have proved useful to the community over the last year?

It will have all that and more mate!
I agree those stats have been very helpful and we don’t want to lose them ...

Glad to hear that, my friend. May the Force be with you in your endeavours
:lol:
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

DeathStriker

Post#48 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:17 pm

Spock wrote:From the crew at KSoD, we want to thank you for your support and patience since we took over SoD two years ago. It has been a lot of hard work to understand and fix many of the issues that plagued the original site. We always tried our best to carry on Kender’s legacy in the revamped version of the ranking site. Our goal was for the community to enjoy SWC to its fullest.

To this end, it is time to retire the site that Kender created. Many of you have heard rumors about new features, fixes, and more. We are proud to announce that all of this is true and more. In the coming weeks, we will begin the final phases of testing and construction of a brand new ranking site. KSoD will cease to exist, being replaced with GSoW – “Galactic Squads of War”. The all-new site has been rewritten and It will contain the entire database of 700,000+ wars, thus avoiding any reset of squad histories.

Sincerely – The GSoW Team

Spock - I was on vacation when you made your GSoW Update / Announcement.

I am glad to see that the hard work of the whole GSoW Team will soon bare fruit. I, and a lot of Players look forward to all the exciting changes an improvements that GSoW will bring soon.

Thanks for keeping us informed.

PS. I have posted a shortened copy of your post here.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Spock
Admiral

Post#49 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:04 am

Hello SWC community: as you know, the KSoD/GSoW team is hard at work designing and implementing the brand new site that will incorporate all the new features.

In an effort to get this process moving along, the GSoW team is soliciting for a volunteer to join the team who is an expert is website/hosting/server configuring. The right candidate should be able to help us config the site for python code, set up reverse proxy, install specific modules, etc

If interested, please contact me here in a PM or on line or contact Sork on line. Thanks

Line ID’s:
Spock416
Lernok_Sork

DeathStriker

Post#50 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:21 am

Spock wrote:In an effort to get this process moving along, the GSoW team is soliciting for a volunteer to join the team who is an expert is website/hosting/server configuring. The right candidate should be able to help us config the site for python code, set up reverse proxy, install specific modules, etc

If interested, please contact me here in a PM or on line or contact Sork on line. Thanks

Spock - I have seen Lernok_Sork postings on LINE but I have also posted a link to your Forum Post above in a few other LINE Chats to help further spread the word.

Hope you find a good candidate whom will be available for a while after Website goes live.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Return to “General Discussions”