No More Draws!

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
Empco
Storm Trooper

No More Draws!

Post#1 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:53 pm

Eliminating Draws would be great in my opinion.
Can we start a petition?
OP’s control on draws would be all that’s needed.
45-45 & 2 OP’s winner.
Only thing that could happen that would mess it up is if both teams left or e OP untaken.
Penalty could be auto rematch with no SC defensive troops allowed.
Think it would stir things up, Draws are a bumber...
My Empire Base Names: Empco L10, Empco2 L8, Pa'Nic L6, PrD'Boy L6, Da'Man L6, FAT'AL L6. All on my Squad "Eminence Front"...
Reb Base Name: Good Empco

Boog
Grand Admiral

Re: No More Draws!

Post#2 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:29 pm

That's not a good tie breaker, all you have to do is wait until there's a minute left and grab the OP'S. I would say the squad with the most attacks left wins, if there was going to be a tiebreaker. Or just flip a coin.

Tamarack
Commodore

Post#3 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:10 pm

Another option could be to give the win to the first team to reach 45. That way it'd encourage coordination.

That being said once a team hits 45 "Game Over Man"! End the war and you could start another one?
Leader of Dark-Plague
We are recruiting! Send me a message to get in!
Support me in the 2018 Extra-Life Marathon #FTK #extralife @extralife4kids

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#4 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:18 pm

Its never gonna happen. IF it did then Boogs idea is best.
Main account: Bacon (level 11)
Second account: nEggs (level 9)
Squad - NewSithEmpire
LINE ID: sgu97cab

SFOne
Commodore

Post#5 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:08 pm

Tamarack wrote:Another option could be to give the win to the first team to reach 45. That way it'd encourage coordination.

That being said once a team hits 45 "Game Over Man"! End the war and you could start another one?

Well, it would certainly encourage crystalling attacks. So who knows, devs might actually go for it.
Rebel Level 10 80k+
Proud member of TheMidnightMob

SWC Tools For Android
  • Releases: https://github.com/DaveCMo/Android-SWC-Tools/releases
  • https://youtu.be/8rPACDDEWhg

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#6 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:37 pm

Most attacks left is definitely the best tiebreaker.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#7 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:38 pm

Most attacks left is fine as the tie breaker, but you want to take the OPs that are under control into account. Each controlled OP counts as one attack. That would be more fair.

having said that, most ties are likely direct results of over powered outposts, so that’s the root cause. Solving the root cause and you’d end up with less ties.

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#8 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:39 am

Can't get rid of draws without making it easier for teams to choose their start time. Total BS for it to be most attacks left at 45 when one team is awake and the other isn't.

Obviously, the who has the most outposts idea is completely crap.

There is no way within the current format to logically get rid of draws. They would have to completely do something different.

Maybe if there is a draw, each teams' last 6 bases are reloaded and every player is given one more attack with no outposts in play for a 12 hour period or something. Most uplinks wins.

Even that is kind of dumb as shit though.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#9 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:41 am

Midge wrote:Can't get rid of draws without making it easier for teams to choose their start time. Total BS for it to be most attacks left at 45 when one team is awake and the other isn't.

I think he meant AFTER the 45:45 tie, then count the attacks remaining and NOT after one squad achieved 45 first (as at that point, it is NOT yet a tie).

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#10 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:12 am

DarkRebel wrote:
Midge wrote:Can't get rid of draws without making it easier for teams to choose their start time. Total BS for it to be most attacks left at 45 when one team is awake and the other isn't.

I think he meant AFTER the 45:45 tie, then count the attacks remaining and NOT after one squad achieved 45 first (as at that point, it is NOT yet a tie).

Well obviously if it is not a tie yet it doesn't matter. But it is MUCH easier for the team that is on at the start to get the wipes in 18 attacks straight up with no opponents able to take back. Then they can take back while the other team struggles to get there and the number of attacks is going to be tougher for the other team.

It is just flawed logic to use it. With the outposts game, there is no real fair way to avoid ties other than an "OT"
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”