Donating resources

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Sarkhasm
Storm Trooper

Donating resources

Post#1 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:16 pm

G'day Gents,

Not sure how much attention the devs pay to forums and whatnot, but an addition to the game that I think would improve it greatly is the ability to donate resources.

Especially at higher levels players grind ceaselessly for frags and build up a lot of resources, it would help new players and squads if we were able to donate resources that can't be used due to droids taking so long on upgrades.

Cheers.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Re: Donating resources

Post#2 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:07 pm

Never gonna happen. You could donate contraband to a player under protection, then get it back after you get protection. It would be a mistake to allow that.

Trevor
Officer

Post#3 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:19 pm

They could have it to where a certain percentage of the resources are lost when sending it to another player.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#4 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:33 pm

Pass on that. Just get your own loot, it's not that hard.

Trevor
Officer

Post#5 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:43 pm

I never said it was hard, I was just giving a possible solution to your point of high level players abusing it to save contraband. While its not a necessary feature to add, it wouldn't be impossible to implement while avoiding abuse of the system.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#6 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:11 pm

There will be abuse. The way to get resources from higher level players is through wars. You get a winning crate every couple of days thanks to the higher level players and that helps build your base.

Trevor
Officer

Post#7 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:29 pm

I get that it would be unfair for newer players to get free loot (and since lower level players such as myself can't store nearly as many resources as the higher levels filling storages isn't that difficult after a few raids) and also realize that donating resources would take away from resources high level players can loot from bases. While for many players it is a nice idea such as in OP's case, he would be giving his loot to lower level squad mates, but would take away from an attackers available loot. You're right about abuse from multiple account users making it difficult to implement and I don't think the devs will do it. Like you mentioned above about the war crate giving resources the same can be said about troop donations in general of getting free high level troops that can beat most low level bases. New players also have access to high level squad perks which increase resource generation rate, which if used correctly yields significant resource increases.
Last edited by Trevor on Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

legofanatikeren
Commodore

Post#8 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:03 pm

Donating resources could be interesting. I dabbled in a similar idea - albeit concerning the currency tab - once a long time ago, adding it here for your pleasure :)

viewtopic.php?f=79&t=21152
legofanatikeren Was Here. Proud member and officer of The jedi-Family.
#TeamLeo #flæskesteg #DanishHumor
If I meet you - you better like LEGO! :D
... No, seriously - you better do.

Trevor
Officer

Post#9 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:26 pm

I like this idea. They already have the currency tab in the game and this would allow it to actually have a purpose. I don't how often everyone else uses them but this could encourage people to use perks more and use different ones. One thing is that it would probably have to have a cap space so people couldn't solely rely on it for major upgrades.

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#10 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:00 am

If you can't get resources from attacking... in a game where you attack to gain resources... you are playing the wrong game...

By donating resources I could max out my low level base in a few weeks using my big guy... this defeats the entire point of the game in my opinion... I for one would utterly hate this.
Richaldo. Leader of SITh
148,300 Medals... Maxed out madman ...

Return to “General Discussions”