Possible new unit idea: Gunship vehicles

Please post any suggestions that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Feel free to also encourage Disney with praise of things you like.
AlaricSkywalker
Officer

Possible new unit idea: Gunship vehicles

Post#1 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:09 pm

I've been thinking of this for a while: we have the jet troopers that are safe from mortar towers as well as traps (save the drop ship trap and the damage other traps do when they're triggered by another unit), as well as fly and shoot over walls, but why haven't we got any heroes or vehicles that can do this as well? I thought of this for a good amount of time, but then an idea came to me: give both sides a gunship as a vehicle. Now, we have the LAAT and the Imperial Dropship but they're from the star command. After giving it some thought, I realized that Star Wars the Force Unleashed series has two possible candidates that could work well. The MAAT gunship and the Nemesis gunship. Below are my ideas on how they'd work (along with links to what they are if you want a visual).

Rebellion: MAAT gunship - Developed so late in the Clone Wars, these gunships never saw action in the field, until rebel teams stole the plans from imperial data vaults. Now, these powerful gunships lay waste to enemy bases safely out of range of mortar towers, but are still vulnerable to enemy fire.
Unit capacity - 12 to 14
Range - 10
Type - generalist.

Reference: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Multi-Al ... _Transport

Empire: Nemesis-class Gunship - Designed to provide close-air support for imperial forces and to pacify rebellious citizens, these Nemesis gunships are built as heavy-weapons platforms. While safe from ground based weapons like mortar towers, enemy fire can still bring them down.
Unit capacity - 12 to 14
Range - 10
Type - generalist.

Reference: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nemesis-class_gunship

Each level for both will cost 32 data fragments (in other words, 320 frags from unlock to level 10).

I don't expect the devs to do this, but this is a nice idea of what to do with them. The reason for giving them 12 to 14 units of capacity is, well, let's face it. Those things are big, but I didn't want them to be massive. I left the damage and health out because, well, I'm not sure what would make them balanced with the others. Still, if any devs for the game are reading this, all I ask is that you keep this in mind the next time you add a new unit to the game. I feel like this would be a great addition to the lineup. For now, feel free to let me know what you guys think about this. I might put up other unit ideas for later discussion. May the force be with you all.

DeathStriker

Re: Possible new unit idea: Gunship vehicles

Post#2 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:34 pm

AlaricSkywalker wrote:Found out that there was a suggestions and feedback section to these forums, so I'm moving it over there. See it here: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=23303

AlaricSkywalker - I deleted the "original" Topic since this is a duplicate of that one.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

AlaricSkywalker
Officer

Post#3 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:39 pm

DeathStriker wrote:
AlaricSkywalker wrote:Found out that there was a suggestions and feedback section to these forums, so I'm moving it over there. See it here: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=23303

AlaricSkywalker - I deleted the "original" Topic since this is a duplicate of that one.

Thanks for doing that. Didn't know if I should do that since some 100+ people saw it before I realized I should post suggestions here.

Anyhow, if you read over my idea, do you think this would make good units for the game?

DeathStriker

Post#4 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:50 pm

AlaricSkywalker wrote:Anyhow, if you read over my idea, do you think this would make good units for the game?

Alaric - While I do like your ideas if both were implemented the Rebels would get another Starship Strike that deploys Units and the Empire would get another Starship Strike fulfilling the same role as the VT-49 Decimator.

To be really useful both New Units should fill a "void" in the Offensive Units of each Faction or at least be an "advanced" version of what is currently available.

Still, if you are passionate about this suggestion I recommend you send it to Disney Mobile Support here as Feedback.

Thanks for being part of our community. :D

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

AlaricSkywalker
Officer

Post#5 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:17 pm

DeathStriker wrote:
AlaricSkywalker wrote:Anyhow, if you read over my idea, do you think this would make good units for the game?

Alaric - While I do like your ideas if both were implemented the Rebels would get another Starship Strike that deploys Units and the Empire would get another Starship Strike fulfilling the same role as the VT-49 Decimator.

To be really useful both New Units should fill a "void" in the Offensive Units of each Faction or at least be an "advanced" version of what is currently available.

Still, if you are passionate about this suggestion I recommend you send it to Disney Mobile Support here as Feedback.

Thanks for being part of our community. :D

I am aware, though both would function as vehicles, not starships. *think of it like a jet trooper version of a tank* Anyhow, before I send this idea to Disney, I'd like to see what others think of the idea. I might make a few pictures to give you guys an idea of what I was picturing with these. I will say though, if they feel more rebel friendly, I chose the rebels as my faction, but the pictures are meant to be for both sides (they'd have the same stats). In fact, I think I'll work on that now.

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”