Squad War - opponent selection timing

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Dulla
Cadet Trooper

Squad War - opponent selection timing

Post#1 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:19 am

What is the average time for the war opponent process to take. It says within 48hrs but what is the average? Thanks.

Crankyface
Commander

Re: Squad War - opponent selection timing

Post#2 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:06 am

Dulla wrote:What is the average time for the war opponent process to take. It says within 48hrs but what is the average? Thanks.

Hi Dulla,
I don't think there is a standard or fixed variable to get an average, its all dependent on the pool of squads waiting for a match within the Dev's automagical matchmaking algorithm, it will try to find a match that is similar to your war roster (medals, basescore and etc). If it can't find a squad with similar stats, your squad is put into a bigger pool of squads waiting to be matched. this is why something you are matched with a squad well above your weight class or below your weight class. ( i assume you are dulla from underdawgs - with your squad medal count and base scores you should be seeing similar skilled squads, just depends if they are queuing their matchmaking around the same time you are)

Then there are the elite NO OP squads that will attempt to schedule matches by timing when they start their matchmaking.

Short answer, i have never seen an average for our squad its either instant match or drags on.

Hope this helps.
Leader of KARNAGE - Part of the Kenobi-Academy Family

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#3 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:51 am

Generally speaking we are matched within one - two hours maximum. We play midweek Tues-Thursday, although sometimes on Friday nights... always the same, kick off matchmaking 9pm UK time, that seems to bridge the Uk / US timeline... sort of... :)
Richaldo. Leader of SITh
148,300 Medals... Maxed out madman ...

jaybinx
Captain

Post#4 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:22 am

i'm in 2 squads
squad 1 is mostly 10s. we are either matched within seconds to 1 hour. after an hour we stop and try again the next night...
squad 2 is a mixture of 10s thru 5s - we let the matching go until we get a match. its usually 4-8 hours
Jedi-Warlords

Dulla
Cadet Trooper

Post#5 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:36 pm

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated. Your replies give me a better idea of when to start the Squad War process as I'm GMT and a 9PM start to the process should be the best solution for my squad.

Return to “General Discussions”