Shield Generator ideas.

Please post any suggestions that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Feel free to also encourage Disney with praise of things you like.
PoeSanchez
Cadet Trooper

Shield Generator ideas.

Post#1 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:54 am

Shield Generators is a useful tool for defense. but they can suck at times. what if you could do these with them.

1. Rotate them.
a. you want to make a good base but it can be hard because the shield generators always face the same way, so why
not have the ability to rotate them.

2. Change size/shape.

a. what if you could change the area that the shell covers at cost or gain of HP. like a large area makes it have less HP.
And a small area means a lot of HP.

b. what if you could make it like a wall instead of a bubble, it would have more HP but only defend from one direction.

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Re: Shield Generator ideas.

Post#2 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:35 pm

Cool ideas. I dig ‘em.

MrRadar
Cadet Trooper

Post#3 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:57 am

I think having the ability to rotate them would be great. Rotating factories too.

chicohound
Captain

Post#4 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:16 am

I suggested this very idea to Disney 3 years ago and I was told that it is impossible for them to do graphically, that is add the ability for us to rotate certain buildings. To that I replied "but we can rotate walls so why not buildings?".

Now, we all know that is a crock but we can all still dream.

Harshit
Commodore

Post#5 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:29 am

Good ideas. We know Disney wont implement any of these points as they have intrest in launching useless events.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

Midge
Admiral

Post#6 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:10 am

chicohound wrote:I suggested this very idea to Disney 3 years ago and I was told that it is impossible for them to do graphically, that is add the ability for us to rotate certain buildings. To that I replied "but we can rotate walls so why not buildings?".

Now, we all know that is a crock but we can all still dream.

You know you're not actually rotating the walls right? It is just moving them to a different spot on the grid.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

JadePrince
Officer

Post#7 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:44 am

I LOVE your ideas PoeSanchez! The mechanics to bring them to fruition, however, are simply not in this game. Manipulating the structures, and unit retargeting while advancing..... these changes would merit an entirely new game, in a company’s scope of it.
Knights•of•Ren♞ English ♞ NO rushed Bases in War ♞ Use Chat & Req Troops upon joining ♞ Keep SC full & Donate USEFUL troops ♞ FYI: Officer/Leader Acc’s = All same player

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#8 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:13 am

JadePrince wrote:I LOVE your ideas PoeSanchez! The mechanics to bring them to fruition, however, are simply not in this game. Manipulating the structures, and unit retargeting while advancing..... these changes would merit an entirely new game, in a company’s scope of it.

Keep in mind the ability to rotate wall sections already exists and shields were resized in the past. The devs could absolutely do this but it seems the most difficult part would be modeling all base structures that could be rotated (square ones really don’t). I’ll bet those buildings were fully modeled when conceptualized early on anyways and turning SWC into tetris would be pretty easy but maybe the devs see that ability as a something that could improve defensive capabilty somehow and just said “nope” to the idea.

JadePrince
Officer

Post#9 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:22 am

Plagueis wrote:turning SWC into tetris would be pretty easy

This is certainly something I expect not to see from this, now seasoned platform, and for very basic design reasons. Its perspective 3d, not a true 3d engine. For every player to have varying sides to every building, on this pseudo 3d platform, would simply make the game too heavy to run at any fps, concerning targeted devices. (not to mention 60fps) There is no "back side" to anything in this game.

Edited: the tone.... again, I LOVE the idea 8-)
Knights•of•Ren♞ English ♞ NO rushed Bases in War ♞ Use Chat & Req Troops upon joining ♞ Keep SC full & Donate USEFUL troops ♞ FYI: Officer/Leader Acc’s = All same player

Midge
Admiral

Post#10 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:57 pm

Plagueis wrote:Keep in mind the ability to rotate wall sections already exists and shields were resized in the past. The devs could absolutely do this but it seems the most difficult part would be modeling all base structures that could be rotated (square ones really don’t).

Dude ... wall pieces don't rotate. It simply moves them on the grid for you so you don't have to. They don't actually rotate. They are a square on a grid. They are the same no matter what.

The only items that could rotate would be nonsquares like the Shields/Fax/other items I may be forgetting? ... and that would actually take a bit of work for them to do because it exponentially makes every option much larger and greatly would change the dynamics of the grid ... this more code thus more server space.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Reduced Quote for Brevity
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”