It's all over for me I think

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
markjl
Cadet Trooper

It's all over for me I think

Post#1 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:34 am

Well it's all over for me I think - I feel it is time to move on.

Mostly because I don't think I can win and I can't get any further.
There's nothing more I can do to build up my defenses I have everything possible at level 7
I've been sat here getting attacked, often 100%
I can't get to level 8, I'll never get the 750k alloy required.
So what's the point?
I doubt even if I attacked everyone that I would get enough alloy to upgrade my base,
So if your above level 7, I have no idea how you did it.

TNT
Major General

Re: It's all over for me I think

Post#2 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:59 am

I don't know what faction you are and if it's the same for both factions.
But getting attacked by a lvl10 can be a blessing in disguise. Most of my more expensive upgrades (my deko is currently lvl20 and my deka is lvl27, all but 10 of my walls are lvl9) come from revenging a lvl10 imp who attacked me.

Instead of looking for the win I look at how to best dismantle the specific defenses around the resources that I want and then go at it.
Sure, I'll barely scratch him, but that million in alloy or 30k contraband will go a long way.
Join the Rebel3Squad.
Actually we joined up with the OuterRimRioters. Join us and reminiscine about the good old days when the game was playable.

DeathStriker

Post#3 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:14 am

markjl wrote:Well it's all over for me I think - I feel it is time to move on.

There's nothing more I can do to build up my defenses I have everything possible at level 7

markjl - See Related Topic: When You Know It Is Time To Upgrade HQ.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Spirit
Commodore

Post#4 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:23 am

markji,
Dont worry, we have all had tough times where the game seemed impossible. A few changes and you can be back winning again.
Good advice from TNT and DS.
All I would add is that you need help or advice. Ask your squadmates or join a squad if not already in one. We all share replays and look at each others base.
It is only a game and can be great fun.
Good luck and may the force be with you.
Last edited by Spirit on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Player name Ghost. A level 10 Imperial hitman. Feel the force.

Member of PinkFloyd ( The squad not the band!) Level 45 perks - join us

Gatekeeper for ProLeague. A vacant lev44 Imp squad, available to take over.

Boog
Admiral

Post#5 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:31 am

Send a letter in to support about how the brutal match making system is killing the game for you. If support got as many complaints about match making as they do pointless and erroneous complaints about cheating, maybe the devs would finally do something.

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#6 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:44 am

There's no reason to give up if you are only at Level 7 and need only a few steps to reach HQ 8. Maybe you don't have enough Armory units to keep attacking and defend your base. And be attacked by players 2-3 levels above you is not a thing to worry about. Is how the game works.

This game uses a stupid matchmaking criteria based on strenght (sum of all your buildings) and number of medals (more higher your medals are, more stronger rivals you will find)... And if you are maxed out at level 7, drop medals if they are too high and this can help you to find more easy rivals. Medals are useless because you can't buy anything with medals.

And you didn't say about be in a squad, then join a squad and fill your SC with Level 10 troops and play wars for resources to pay your HQ upgrade and frags for Elite and Armory units -- if you can't win attacks in PvP -- is now the best option to survive in the game.

And if you are attacked by Level 10s, fill your SC with Level 10 troops and go to revenge. Forget to win the attacks, lose if you need and foccus only on getting all loot possible.

A short history about be crushed by Level 10s: a level 10 attacked my baby Rebel base HQ 7 recently. 100% defeat. I revenge and got all his CB (11k) and more than 500k in alloy and credits. He got pissed and attacked my base again (100% again) -- but what i lost was too less than I stolen, and I was able to revenge again: got more 10k CB and more 300 k alloy in credits. Of course he attacked me one more time, and I revenge again, and got more 10k CB. Because I didn't need more CB, I moved to another planet. I lost all my attacks, but upgraded my Sentinel 2 levels thanks to all his CB.
Leader of AndroidsDream Squad on Windows. Empire Level 10, 45k medals, Rank 16.
Level 10 Imperial on Vacation!
Level 9/8 Rebel (in "Solo's_Band" squad Level 50, come visit and enjoy our perks!)

Rudedude
Officer

Post#7 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:12 am

Mark, I don't know what side you are on, but I think you need to find a better squad. Most of the leaderboard squads have feeder squads for players of your level. I am part of the W.A.R. family of squads (rebel) and we have squads to help develop player of lower levels. The WAR family helps players get past hurdles that all players must get past in order to advance in the game. I know there are several IMP squads that have the same set up. Before you quit, try changing squads. Being in the right squad can make a major difference in the game. Good luck to you.

markjl wrote:Well it's all over for me I think - I feel it is time to move on.

I've been sat here getting attacked, often 100%
I can't get to level 8, I'll never get the 750k alloy required.
So what's the point?
I doubt even if I attacked everyone that I would get enough alloy to upgrade my base,

lc77
Captain

Post#8 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:38 am

Think everyone has been there.

I found the best way to upgrade for me. Build a load of storms or whatever the other lot are called. And just attack alloy and credit markets, you will lose a lot, but its amazing how much loot you can grab by losing attacks. You don't even have to use them all, look for those spread out bases.

spootieho
Commodore

Post#9 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:10 am

If you are rebel, leave tat when on offense. 98% of the bases there are dev shills with low resources.
Go somewhere like hoth and you should be able to get your resources in a handful of attacks.

Then jump back to tat for defense.
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#10 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:48 pm

Level 7 was great for me. I maxed my base and upgraded all my troops and equipment and sat there for a while. Used to get lots of defensive wins. Didn't often get rolled by Jet troops. As soon as i went to lvl8 different story. Smashed by lvl10s buffed Jets all the time. At 8 Yes you get your own Jumps, but I seem to constantly get hit by lvl10s. I think high level 9 is a good spot as you can handle most lvl10 attacks but still benefit from easier objectives and easier EP event requirements.
Main Account: Bacon (level 10). LINE ID: sgu97cab
Squad - NewSithEmpire
Second account: nEggs (level 8)
Squad - Hotfix_Reborn

Return to “General Discussions”