Mercenary bases?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Friskysilver

Mercenary bases?

Post#1 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:27 pm

Just wondering if the community would think this was a good idea if they added a second base that was like a smuggler/mercenary base that has its own troops and heroes

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Re: Mercenary bases?

Post#2 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:26 pm

This is the best idea i've read in months. Everyone starts with a mercenary base and at the end of tutorial game asks if you want to join Empire or Rebel, but why don't keep playing as mercenay as 3rd faction?

It would be great, don't have to read Kosh or Jennica anymore, you can serve Jabba or hire Jawas, Tusken raiders, smugglers or any other characters from the underground. And while mercenary you could use "stolen" units from both factions, earned through conflicts or events, and build a few by your own.

If Rebels can build a "stolen" AT-DT (wait... how's possible build something you just stolen?), the mercenaries also could. And as mercenary you could attack bases of both factions. And also be attacked by Imperials and Rebels.

But no, game is about Empire Vs Rebels. Of course, Disney doesn't want because costs time and money in development such thing. Disney is more interested in release new stupid/useless units to promote bad SW movies than give to players a better playing experience...
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige / HQ 6 in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 / HQ 6 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#3 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:13 am

Friskysilver wrote:Just wondering if the community would think this was a good idea if they added a second base that was like a smuggler/mercenary base that has its own troops and heroes

In principle I like the idea... :idea:

As a human being with a life outside SWC (and liable to feel the urge-to-play-&-upgrade-that-base addiction) I say NO! PLEASE NO!!! :o :shock:

In Clash'oC's a similar thing called the Builder's Village/Island has been around for one year and it is taking up about as much time as my main village...instead of regular skippable PVP you have a duel mode of battling there giving youi no opportunity to skip. Very addictive. If you reckon I have three accounts in Clash and 2 in SWC *2 that makes 10 bases to apy attention too....

the HORROR----THE HORROR... the horrooooorrr
Proud Officer of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many experienced and motivated longtime high-level players; regular/against OP/NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken. Worldwide brotherhood of rebel scourges :twisted:

Spirit
Major General

Post#4 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:38 am

It sounds like a great idea to me. Something different in the game is good.
An Amazon player, squeezing every last minute from the game..

Player name Dog. Biting rebs across the galaxy.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#5 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:52 am

I don't see how there would be enough new mercenary bases to be worth it. It would be months before enough got to level 6, where they would be fodder for all of the sand-bagging level 10's out there.

TNT
Major General

Post#6 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:26 am

mkenobi wrote:If Rebels can build a "stolen" AT-DT (wait... how's possible build something you just stolen?), the mercenaries also could. And as mercenary you could attack bases of both factions. And also be attacked by Imperials and Rebels.

That's just the mechanic trying to pretend a new paint job is hours of work and thousands of credits. ;)
Join the OuterRimRioters.
Drama free, laid back, regular wars and multiple time zones coverage.
No Line or Discord required. (though the latter is available if you want to)

Also available in a trial version.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#7 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:34 am

TNT wrote:
mkenobi wrote:If Rebels can build a "stolen" AT-DT (wait... how's possible build something you just stolen?), the mercenaries also could. And as mercenary you could attack bases of both factions. And also be attacked by Imperials and Rebels.

That's just the mechanic trying to pretend a new paint job is hours of work and thousands of credits. ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige / HQ 6 in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 / HQ 6 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

Euph
Admiral

Post#8 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:14 am

I don't see them adding a third faction, especially this late in the game. But it'd be kinda neat if they turned the dev bases into merc bases, distinct from rebels or imperials. Just make a few high level versions of the turrets from the chapter levels, throw in some defensive units like those merc bikes and the dual-wielding Kung Lao-lookin' dudes.

Again though, don't see it happening, since existing dev bases are just clones of player bases, which is nice and easy for them. Merc bases would require work. :P
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

DesertPyramid
Major General

Post#9 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:41 pm

How about a squad perk or feature that enables a new building you can deploy to get an extra four merc heavies for the next 12 hours per mission, or four swoop/speeders. It would be like a portable guard reserve... than again, maybe that would make things worse. It would at least make use of the buildings tab finally...
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10 Perks: L36
Medals: ~44k Deka/o: 34/26 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#10 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:49 pm

Euph wrote:I don't see them adding a third faction, especially this late in the game. But it'd be kinda neat if they turned the dev bases into merc bases, distinct from rebels or imperials. Just make a few high level versions of the turrets from the chapter levels, throw in some defensive units like those merc bikes and the dual-wielding Kung Lao-lookin' dudes.

Again though, don't see it happening, since existing dev bases are just clones of player bases, which is nice and easy for them. Merc bases would require work. :P

Love that idea!
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

Return to “General Discussions”