Burst Turret Buff. Could this be the last straw for Rebels?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
desmshei

Re: Burst Turret Buff. Could this be the last straw for Rebels?

Post#31 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:41 pm

I wonder if the developers have listened to Vladimir Putin and his hypersonic missiles.

I am stunned that I come into my base, see 100% loss and yet still 10-12 traps were untouched.

The traps (current or new) need to deliver a loss of health to the jumps/jets so that the turrets of any time can deliver some degree of killing force

This way there will be more value for how you place your traps in conjunction with specific turrets to fend off jumps/jets.

Good luck

TNT
Major General

Post#32 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:50 am

Crankyface wrote:after a week of testing on Dev bases (mostly Sonic/Burst farms) i believe i have a LO that works for me. I am finding success (1 or 2 stars and occasional 3 star) on tougher bases. I do plant spectacular as well mostly because of an mistake or 2 on my deployment ;). But needed to adjust to the shift, i talk to some IMPs and rebs are still sending in swarms of jets like adding more are going to help. I'm not the best attacker and Im sure a few top level Imps have had a good laugh over my plants but i learn and adjust. It can be done, its all about LO and IMP base management. Going on 4 years of playing this game, these are the ebbs and flows of the game. You need to learn to ride it out and adjust. I find players get stuck on their "fav"LO and are hard to move off something that has worked so well in the past. In our squad we share a lot of replays of what works and what doesn't no shame in posting replays of plants, if it helps just one squadmate then it was worth it. :)

This post started out all promising and then failed to deliver. :( I can handle Dev bases, what I can't handle are live imp bases.
Please share, what is this loadout that you're using against live imp bases?

I recently had a new idea that I'm testing.
Join the Rebel3Squad.
Actually we joined up with the OuterRimRioters. Join us and reminiscine about the good old days when the game was playable.

erfs
Commodore

Post#33 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:42 am

TNT wrote:
TNT wrote:Honestly, why would this update be the straw?

Burst turrets are fairly easy to counter thanks to their shorter range. Just bring Hails. Jets wreck the shields, hails wreck the Bursts.
While I can't say yet if this will work out in practice, in theory Rebels should be happy with this update.
The ever looming threat of the Jets will also ensure that no Imperial will ever go full mortars.

Now if only the GR would get properly changed, then we might be able to use not-jets again.

I just kicked this topic up to tell me I was wrong.

Imps have gone full burst turret farms and I for one have found no way to counter this yet.

One thing I would like to try is use R2 & 3 CPO to disable the turrets and then take them out with jets or other troops. This should work for heavily clustered turrets. Will need to upgrade R2D2 first though.

I had already tried this before with varying success at lower levels.

In principle the R2 & 3CPO skin does a good job but if you do not have turret-targeting troops to follow they get taken out too fast. So while your jets destroy the first round of turrets our heroes are already off to the next ones. And that leaves the GR & SC troop problem.

Crankyface
Commander

Post#34 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:30 pm

TNT wrote:
Crankyface wrote:after a week of testing on Dev bases (mostly Sonic/Burst farms) i believe i have a LO that works for me. I am finding success (1 or 2 stars and occasional 3 star) on tougher bases. I do plant spectacular as well mostly because of an mistake or 2 on my deployment ;). But needed to adjust to the shift, i talk to some IMPs and rebs are still sending in swarms of jets like adding more are going to help. I'm not the best attacker and Im sure a few top level Imps have had a good laugh over my plants but i learn and adjust. It can be done, its all about LO and IMP base management. Going on 4 years of playing this game, these are the ebbs and flows of the game. You need to learn to ride it out and adjust. I find players get stuck on their "fav"LO and are hard to move off something that has worked so well in the past. In our squad we share a lot of replays of what works and what doesn't no shame in posting replays of plants, if it helps just one squadmate then it was worth it. :)

This post started out all promising and then failed to deliver. :( I can handle Dev bases, what I can't handle are live imp bases.
Please share, what is this loadout that you're using against live imp bases?

I recently had a new idea that I'm testing.

I was testing the LO versus Devs bases which have translated into Live Top Squad bases "I am finding success (1 or 2 stars and occasional 3 star) on tougher bases." I should have clarified that the tougher bases were real bases. You can PM me and i can share my current LO.
Leader of KARNAGE - Part of the Kenobi-Academy Family

TNT
Major General

Post#35 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:44 am

Crankyface wrote:I was testing the LO versus Devs bases which have translated into Live Top Squad bases "I am finding success (1 or 2 stars and occasional 3 star) on tougher bases." I should have clarified that the tougher bases were real bases. You can PM me and i can share my current LO.

I'm going to take you up on that, thanks. :)

erfs wrote:One thing I would like to try is use R2 & 3 CPO to disable the turrets and then take them out with jets or other troops. This should work for heavily clustered turrets. Will need to upgrade R2D2 first though.

I had already tried this before with varying success at lower levels.

In principle the R2 & 3CPO skin does a good job but if you do not have turret-targeting troops to follow they get taken out too fast. So while your jets destroy the first round of turrets our heroes are already off to the next ones. And that leaves the GR & SC troop problem.

I'm wondering if Artoo is worth it over a Kessen who can keep the Snipers off of your units or a Luke who can die keeping the turrets busy. But with he Imps suddenly finding themselves in love with short range clustered turrets, maybe Artoo can actually work depending on the layout. Any spreadout base is going to be off limits because it's just that slow, but corner bases might be possible. I wish the AT hauler could haul Artoo, we'd airdrop him on turrets and he'd be good. :D
Just for novelty I'm going to revisit him with my current loadout tests.

edit: A few Artoo test attacks later and the endresult: stil useless. It's way to slow and the burst turrets will shred it before it arrives.
Join the Rebel3Squad.
Actually we joined up with the OuterRimRioters. Join us and reminiscine about the good old days when the game was playable.

X999
Commander

Post#36 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:21 pm

I have won 30+ and lost 3 defs since swapping to a burst sonic farm, the 3 i lost were from rebs using a different loadout to 1 million jets /TX tanks combo, not gonna say what lol, but is great to see rebs still attacking with jet spam and tanks even after the burst buff 2 weeks ago, Silly Rebs.
I have forgiven the devs for RFT nerf btw.
Member in Blackphase_Siths Main Base - ChAoS999 , Windows was a trap.
Stealing Rebs loot since November 2014.

ObiTwo
Major General

Post#37 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:07 pm

mkenobi wrote:Rebels Jets are 2 levels stronger than an equivalent Imperial Jump due to GR Sniper + Rodians being OP. After the GR/Rodian nerf, all rebels attacking with Jets had an advantage.

With the Burst buff, Rebels have lost this advantage or at least this advantage was considerably reduced.

That's completely wrong. Jets and Jumps are almost equivalent, with the advantage ever so slightly on the side of the imperial jumps (assuming same level unit and buff). The perceived advantage of jets due to extra damage is completely offset by the faster charge time of the jump.
http://www.YouTube.com/ObiTwo (tips, strategies and layouts for rebels)

Return to “General Discussions”