NEW ARMORY EQUIPMENT: Rebel U-Wing / Empire TIE Brute - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DeathStriker

Re: NEW ARMORY EQUIPMENT: Rebel U-Wing / Empire TIE Brute - Discussion Topic

Post#11 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:47 pm

mkenobi wrote:I did not know that Tie Brute was a skin with samples, as are the Rodians. Reading a few posts here, I saw that there is a possibility that the final reward would not be unlocking the Tie Brute (20 frags), but getting only samples?

EVERYONE: Week #4 WILL introduce the Rebel U-Wing / Empire TIE Brute Armory Skins

See the info found for Main Objective #24 and the Week #4 Elite Crates (See Pool “lcpool_epRedCup_grind_04” by scrolling down)

YOU WILL ALSO GET SAMPLES

U-Wing Sample - Level 1 - Rebel Faction
(Click here to view LARGER image)

U-Wing Sample - Level 10 - Rebel Faction

Warrior wrote:Wrong there, no new samples of the Skins. fake news. lol

Boog wrote:Crates have the samples. I already have 15.

DarthBratzzznew wrote:do the crates have Tie Brute/U-Wing samples or not? seen nothing so far, but only done 2-3 stages yet

Schruaf wrote:Prize 6 is 10 samples of Tie Brute/U-Wing.
According to dataminers there is a chance for samples in the othe crates as well.

THERE SEEMS to be a lot of confusion on this point.

I have seen Samples in Once-per-Day Daily Crates / Free Daily Crates (View Ads) (reward is random so not guaranteed), and for those HQ 6 or higher you will see Samples as a Reward for completing Objective #6 Reward, and Main Objective #24, as well Rewards for "other" Week #4 Event Objectives.

These U-Wing / TIE Brute Samples are similar to those for Sullustan Sharpshooters / Rodan Recon Sniper Samples in that a Unit primarily / only created via a Armory Unit Equipment Buff appears also as a Sample Unit.

The U-Wing / TIE Brute Samples when used appear in your Starship Command as a Starship Strike.

Hope this helps clear the confusion...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

DeathStriker

Post#12 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:54 am

NOTICE: U-Wing (X-Wing Buff) / TIE Brute (TIE Fighter Buff) Also Applies to Traps / Pilots

Early word from Data Miners is that the Armory Equipment for U-Wing (X-Wing Buff) / TIE Brute (TIE Fighter Buff) applies not only to the Starship Strikes but also X-Wing Traps / TIE Fighter Traps and Alliance Starfighter Pilot / Imperial Starfighter Pilot‎.

Adding to this Thread...

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#13 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:56 am

I can confirm that we get samples in crates after finishing research and at #6 you get 10 samples... And believe it or not, the Tie Brute is even more brutish than the U-Wing... at L10 it causes 55760 damage versus 55680 :-)
Proud Officer of Squad_Tedford <Perks L50>, relaxed though very powerful ksod top-100 squad, great war record, sharp donations and longtime players, L9 and up. Worldwide English speaking squad, PM me if interested 8-)

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#14 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:02 pm

DeathStriker wrote:NOTICE: U-Wing (X-Wing Buff) / TIE Brute (TIE Fighter Buff) Also Applies to Traps / Pilots

Early word from Data Miners is that the Armory Equipment for U-Wing (X-Wing Buff) / TIE Brute (TIE Fighter Buff) applies not only to the Starship Strikes but also X-Wing Traps / TIE Fighter Traps and Alliance Starfighter Pilot / Imperial Starfighter Pilot‎.

Adding to this Thread...

This was what I wanted to know. And it will make difference now because it seems finally we are getting an USEFUL unit, even being an Armory skin, and probably will be hard as hell to upgrade it to high levels like Rodians/Sullustan or Fang/Strikers are.

I already tried 2 samples of Tie Brute for my Imperial Base, they are Level 9 for my Starship Command. I used 1 sample against a turret to save my Deka and the turret was destroyed like we use to do in Wars with Yavin OP. The other sample I used against a high level Safehouse, but 1 Tie Brute wasn't enough to destroy the building, and I had to use a Striker to get the rest of CB.

At least we can use the Tie Brute samples to hit SCs in Wars without Yavin OP. In PvP, don't see much use, only to save your ass in an emergency or hit Safehouses when looting CB.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ10 in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ10 / HQ8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

SpaceDandy
Commander

Post#15 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:15 pm

Unlocking the units offered these past two weeks, I'm pretty sure I got the unlock AND samples in the final Event crate. Maybe 20 frags and 10 samples. I expect the same this event - unlock and samples (though there are plenty of samples en route to the final crate). Those samples are always handy in wars...
Officer, RoughTeam, a fun, active, & competitive rebel squad

Euph
Admiral

Post#16 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:55 am

Well, I unlocked the TIE Brute and it doesn't seem to apply to pilots. Bugger. That was the main thing I thought would make it useful, cause I don't see myself cooking TIE fighters in place of medships or strikers.

Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

DeathStriker

Post#17 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:21 am

Euph wrote:Well, I unlocked the TIE Brute and it doesn't seem to apply to pilots. Bugger. That was the main thing I thought would make it useful, cause I don't see myself cooking TIE fighters in place of medships or strikers.

Euph - Early word from Data Miners is that the Starship Armory Equipment - DID apply - to Pilots but your post seems to indicate otherwise...

The Starship Armory Equipment is also suppose to apply to X-Wing / TIE Fighter Traps - but this needs validation.

After a few more report we will have a clearer picture of what this Armory Equipment does and does not do.

Euph
Admiral

Post#18 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:37 am

It DOES seem to apply to traps, so they're right about that. Turning it on and off changes the appearance of the hologram, and it does spawn a Brute in a test HD I just did.

But I've been running the equipment with pilots and TIE fighters in my starport; it applies to the fighters as you'd expect, but not the pilots. I'm hoping it's a glitch.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

DeathStriker

Post#19 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:08 am

Euph wrote:It DOES seem to apply to traps, so they're right about that. Turning it on and off changes the appearance of the hologram, and it does spawn a Brute in a test HD I just did.

But I've been running the equipment with pilots and TIE fighters in my starport; it applies to the fighters as you'd expect, but not the pilots. I'm hoping it's a glitch.

Euph - Thanks for posting! :D

Also from a Fellow Rebel Player on Line...

U-Wing Unlock - Level 1 - Rebel Faction

U-Wing Traps (X-Wing Trap Buff) - Rebel Faction

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#20 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:32 pm

Thats awesome that it turns traps into Brutes.....shame about the Pilot though.
Brute samples are awesome though, I used them twice in wars this weekend, saving 4 UC to take out squad centres is great. Also you can attack up a couple of levels and the Brute still takes out SC. My lvl8 took out lvl10 SCs.
Main Account: Bacon (level 10). LINE ID: sgu97cab
Second account: nEggs (level 8)
Squad - NewSithEmpire

Return to “General Discussions”