NOTICE: Server Maintenance Planned

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Salax

Re: NOTICE: Server Maintenance Planned

Post#41 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:36 am

I see no Maintenance.... I can Play.

DeathStriker

Post#42 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:41 am

Salax wrote:I see no Maintenance.... I can Play.

Salax - The in game commander notes spoke of "intermittent issues" meaning the game would be "playable" but many experience "outages" from time to time.

By now I suspect all Maintenance is completed.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

DeathStriker

Post#43 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:43 am

NOTICE: Server Maintenance Planned - Completed

I am currently in game with no issues and being that the "Maintenance Period" expires in 15 minutes I suspect all Server Maintenance has been completed.

AND NOW... on with the EP Grind for the current SWC Event...

DeathStriker

Post#44 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:38 am

NOTICE: Server Maintenance Planned

In-Game Developer Notes - 10-12-2018
(Click here to view LARGER image)

SO... Starting Sunday, 10/14/2018 at 10:00 PM PST (5:00 AM Monday UTC) and ending on Monday 10/15/2018 at 7:00 AM PST (2:00 PM Monday UTC)

Keeping Everyone Informed...

Tamarack
Commodore

Post#45 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:58 pm

Will this be the end of the rich dev bases?
Upgrade while you can everyone, just in case. ;)
Leader of Dark-Plague
We are recruiting! Send me a message to get in!
Support me in the 2018 Extra-Life Marathon #FTK #extralife @extralife4kids

Badtoro
Commodore

Post#46 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:34 am

I hope they will get rid of this insane lag when we're building troops.. who coded this, seriously ?
French'Elite

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#47 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:21 pm

They just need one screen for everything, or at least one for barracks and one for factories. It is crazy to me that each time I hop barracks, I have to sit there and wait to see the troop icons repopulate. One screen with four rows for troop selection would work. Or at least use an image cache so I don't have to wait so long for the icons to redraw.

Spock
Admiral

Post#48 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:20 pm

Boog wrote:They just need one screen for everything, or at least one for barracks and one for factories. It is crazy to me that each time I hop barracks, I have to sit there and wait to see the troop icons repopulate. One screen with four rows for troop selection would work. Or at least use an image cache so I don't have to wait so long for the icons to redraw.

It’s actually not an image cache issue. It seems to be related to your hq troop samples.
The more you have the more time it takes to load them for each barracks. That’s where the lag is coming from.
The obvious solution is to dump all your hq samples but I sure don’t want to do that.
So I’ll just get used to it. I doubt Disney will do anything about It at this point.

Leader of the imperial_enclave. Flagship of the enclave brotherhood of squads.
Always looking for active lvl10 commanders. Line app required.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#49 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:09 pm

Spock wrote:
Boog wrote:They just need one screen for everything, or at least one for barracks and one for factories. It is crazy to me that each time I hop barracks, I have to sit there and wait to see the troop icons repopulate. One screen with four rows for troop selection would work. Or at least use an image cache so I don't have to wait so long for the icons to redraw.

It’s actually not an image cache issue. It seems to be related to your hq troop samples.
The more you have the more time it takes to load them for each barracks. That’s where the lag is coming from.
The obvious solution is to dump all your hq samples but I sure don’t want to do that.
So I’ll just get used to it. I doubt Disney will do anything about It at this point.

This was exactly what I thought too.
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=23540&p=85729#p85729

DesertPyramid
Major General

Post#50 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:47 pm

It would be interesting to see the memory usage on older devices now, and whether or not the Wireless-ac (WiFi6) capable ones are experiencing these lag/refresh issues moving between screens. Maybe the game is outgrowing 1-2GB mem and Wireless-N devices.
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10 Perks: L36
Medals: ~44k Deka/o: 34/26 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a

Return to “General Discussions”