Lugga Kessen combo

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Midge
Admiral

Re: Lugga Kessen combo

Post#21 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:47 pm

Pirate wrote:I found the key to kessen success was 1) learn the rules, 2) watch examples, 3) practice, 4) practice more. When you miss, you should understand why you missed. Once I got more comfortable, my use of any other heroes dropped off significantly, if nothing else just because it is fun to line up the shot.

Outside of if I have to for a crate or I am insanely bored ... I use Kessen every time. Probably in the area of 97% of my attacks.

When I hit the button for the shot 99% of the time I know before I hit it whether I am going to hit or miss. The other 1 percent I do something completely stupid as hell and don't see a Deka or something dumb like that.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : 100k+ Medals : Joined the Rebellion 12/28/2015

Midge
Admiral

Post#22 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:48 pm

PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:Excellent post !!!

You're kind, Dark, but pretty much everything I typed out was a summary of what DrPain taught me. He's the real original Kessnipe hero for me. Anybody who knows me can attest I'm a B- player at best; I just learn what minimal skills I can from the A players. And Battalion is, or used to be (I haven't been in contact with the SWC community at large for a while), some of the best. Oh, makes me think way back in the days of Omisquads and such...

Midge's strategy also works, though I haven't been able to pull it off for two reasons:

1) I can never figure out whether Kessen targets the middle of a building or the bottom corner, and that minimal difference can throw off the trajectory enough to miss the SC.

2) And more importantly, since the instigation of the oh-so-blessed guard reserve (worst thing ever to happen to the game and stay; there were worse things, like shield-kissing and sniper pens, but they went away), I pretty much never find a base, even with no dekas, where Kessen will target a building. There is always something else on the base that Kessen will target.

Another note: luggabeasts are not necessary for same-level sniping, as others have said. But they do help. No lugga, you have to be dead on. Lugga, there is room for error such that a nick will still take out the SC.

Dammit Phoenix ... he doesn't target EITHER ... lol. PM coming, because I like you.

Crankyface
Commander

Post#23 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:45 pm

PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:Excellent post !!!

You're kind, Dark, but pretty much everything I typed out was a summary of what DrPain taught me. He's the real original Kessnipe hero for me. Anybody who knows me can attest I'm a B- player at best; I just learn what minimal skills I can from the A players. And Battalion is, or used to be (I haven't been in contact with the SWC community at large for a while), some of the best. Oh, makes me think way back in the days of Omisquads and such...

Midge's strategy also works, though I haven't been able to pull it off for two reasons:

1) I can never figure out whether Kessen targets the middle of a building or the bottom corner, and that minimal difference can throw off the trajectory enough to miss the SC.

2) And more importantly, since the instigation of the oh-so-blessed guard reserve (worst thing ever to happen to the game and stay; there were worse things, like shield-kissing and sniper pens, but they went away), I pretty much never find a base, even with no dekas, where Kessen will target a building. There is always something else on the base that Kessen will target.

Another note: luggabeasts are not necessary for same-level sniping, as others have said. But they do help. No lugga, you have to be dead on. Lugga, there is room for error such that a nick will still take out the SC.

+10000 DrPain is the master, i miss that guy!
Leader of KARNAGE - Alliance with Kenobi-Academy

LosVega
Major General

Post#24 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:46 pm

LosVega wrote:
Midge wrote:Also ... no such thing as having to be close. No such thing as deflections. Just not knowing which angle your shot is actually going.

Number of buildings in the shot won't hurt it. It doesn't lose power based on distance. It is simply hit or miss and knowing what he actually targets.

No argument there, I'm just saying for me that close is better. I guess user-error when I go for distance or maybe not completely understanding his AI in aiming. If no dekas or active troops are on the field, he aims at the nearest building. That's where things get screwy if you ask me. I'd beg to differ in the case of deflections. If his shot is not being deflected then sniping the SC by shooting thru the HQ would be possible. In my experience, I have never been able to do it. I will make some attempts today just out of curiosity but generally I avoid that type of shot.

Did some practice runs, Kessen by himself on the SE edge will take out a SC on the opposite side. I stand corrected on distance but it was a clean straight line to it. I haven't found an example of shooting thru the HQ yet but I did try it with buildings between the SC and where I lined up and got 3 out of 4. The miss was my error though so I'm willing to admit that deflection is just me lining up a hair off. Midge, I'm going to hit you up on advice either way.
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

Midge
Admiral

Post#25 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:24 pm

LosVega wrote:
LosVega wrote:
Midge wrote:Also ... no such thing as having to be close. No such thing as deflections. Just not knowing which angle your shot is actually going.

Number of buildings in the shot won't hurt it. It doesn't lose power based on distance. It is simply hit or miss and knowing what he actually targets.

No argument there, I'm just saying for me that close is better. I guess user-error when I go for distance or maybe not completely understanding his AI in aiming. If no dekas or active troops are on the field, he aims at the nearest building. That's where things get screwy if you ask me. I'd beg to differ in the case of deflections. If his shot is not being deflected then sniping the SC by shooting thru the HQ would be possible. In my experience, I have never been able to do it. I will make some attempts today just out of curiosity but generally I avoid that type of shot.

Did some practice runs, Kessen by himself on the SE edge will take out a SC on the opposite side. I stand corrected on distance but it was a clean straight line to it. I haven't found an example of shooting thru the HQ yet but I did try it with buildings between the SC and where I lined up and got 3 out of 4. The miss was my error though so I'm willing to admit that deflection is just me lining up a hair off. Midge, I'm going to hit you up on advice either way.

I asked for it :?

Feel free. I am really easy to get on LINE if you are on there.

LosVega
Major General

Post#26 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:44 pm

Midge wrote:
LosVega wrote:
LosVega wrote:

I asked for it :?

Feel free. I am really easy to get on LINE if you are on there.

Confirmed I can Kessen snipe the SC shooting thru the HQ today. Damn! All those bases I passed up. I have a buffet to attend to now, only crow is on the menu. Thanks Midge!
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#27 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:58 am

Kessen a skill.........

You boys ever heard of 'duck hunt'...

LoL...