Lugga Kessen combo

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
LosVega
Major General

Re: Lugga Kessen combo

Post#11 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:21 am

In my experience, Kessen alone will take out same level SC but it must be a very clean and up close shot. It seems the further away he is, more likely to miss. I've read that if there is a building in line with his aim at the SC, the shot will deflect to the north corner of the building. Trying to shoot thru the HQ is no bueno, it will deflect his shot everytime resulting in a miss. On the flip side, a L10 Kessen boosted with 2 or 3 L10 luggas is freaking lethal. Yes it's overkill and a long cook time but the results speak for themselves.
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#12 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:48 am

Sapa and ForceMel: there isn't a secret, and it isn't chance. As Midge said, using Kessen is a skill.

I keep waiting for a someone to bring up the old troll about how Kessen is a cheap, no-skill way to take out SC. :-)

If you have LINE, there are numerous LINE group-chats for how to Kessnipe (but there is one main one. Don't ask me to invite you; I'm not in it).

There are lots of ways to line up the Kessnipe, but my favorite is to lure out the DekO and use him to line up the shot. It can also be lined up with GR or another building.

Most buildings (if they are between Kessen and the dekO) will goof up Kessen's shot; anything bigger than 3x3 definitely will.

Some people can Kessnipe while the dekO or dekA is still on its platform, but I've had no such luck.

Easiest way to do it for me: trip dekO. Drop bait (repair droid, soldier, med) out in far-off corner. Drop vanguard to eliminate traps. Wait till dekO stops. Tap Kessen square on bottom of screen. Run finger from SC to dekO, keep moving finger a little longer, drop Kessen on same line; wait till Kessen has hit the dekO once to be sure all is lined up (he sometimes likes to move), deploy super shot. In contrast to Los Vega, I like for Kessen to be a good distance from the dekO and even further from the SC; the closer he is to the dekO, the easier it is for his trajectory to be off.

Practice, play, watch successful replays. There are so many elements in a good Kessnipe: what to trip, what to bait with, where to lure the dekO or guard reserve, what your plan B is if the Kessnipe misses (sometimes Kessen moves too far from where you drop him, and you can tell his supershot will miss, so you don't deploy the supershot and save it to deploy as soon as SC trips), yada yada yada. Hope there's something helpful in all that ramble.

EDIT: Bonus points if you can line up the Kessnipe so as to take out the SC and other buildings you want to take out: e.g., a glowing barracks or two, or the contraband storehouse.
Chasin' after my fortune & glory
~148,000 medals. Max 10 Base. Free to play (use air and SC only in emergencies). Not bragging: these stats tell you what I am seeing at my level. Your mileage will vary.

sapa
Captain

Post#13 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:04 am

What means 1 tile away...1 square/block?

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#14 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:17 am

Also ... no such thing as having to be close. No such thing as deflections. Just not knowing which angle your shot is actually going.

Number of buildings in the shot won't hurt it. It doesn't lose power based on distance. It is simply hit or miss and knowing what he actually targets.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

LosVega
Major General

Post#15 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:02 am

Midge wrote:Also ... no such thing as having to be close. No such thing as deflections. Just not knowing which angle your shot is actually going.

Number of buildings in the shot won't hurt it. It doesn't lose power based on distance. It is simply hit or miss and knowing what he actually targets.

No argument there, I'm just saying for me that close is better. I guess user-error when I go for distance or maybe not completely understanding his AI in aiming. If no dekas or active troops are on the field, he aims at the nearest building. That's where things get screwy if you ask me. I'd beg to differ in the case of deflections. If his shot is not being deflected then sniping the SC by shooting thru the HQ would be possible. In my experience, I have never been able to do it. I will make some attempts today just out of curiosity but generally I avoid that type of shot.
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#16 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:34 am

LosVega wrote:
Midge wrote:Also ... no such thing as having to be close. No such thing as deflections. Just not knowing which angle your shot is actually going.

No argument there, I'm just saying for me that close is better. I guess user-error when I go for distance or maybe not completely understanding his AI in aiming. If no dekas or active troops are on the field, he aims at the nearest building. That's where things get screwy if you ask me. I'd beg to differ in the case of deflections. If his shot is not being deflected then sniping the SC by shooting thru the HQ would be possible. In my experience, I have never been able to do it. I will make some attempts today just out of curiosity but generally I avoid that type of shot.

You can differ on it all you like, but there are NO deflections. It does not happen. Feel free to PM me if you would like to discuss.

As a point of fact, if you know exactly how he works, then No Dekas up makes the shot about as easy as it can possibly be.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#17 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:11 am

PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:Sapa and ForceMel: there isn't a secret, and it isn't chance. As Midge said, using Kessen is a skill.

I keep waiting for a someone to bring up the old troll about how Kessen is a cheap, no-skill way to take out SC. :-)

If you have LINE, there are numerous LINE group-chats for how to Kessnipe (but there is one main one. Don't ask me to invite you; I'm not in it).

There are lots of ways to line up the Kessnipe, but my favorite is to lure out the DekO and use him to line up the shot. It can also be lined up with GR or another building.

Most buildings (if they are between Kessen and the dekO) will goof up Kessen's shot; anything bigger than 3x3 definitely will.

Some people can Kessnipe while the dekO or dekA is still on its platform, but I've had no such luck.

Easiest way to do it for me: trip dekO. Drop bait (repair droid, soldier, med) out in far-off corner. Drop vanguard to eliminate traps. Wait till dekO stops. Tap Kessen square on bottom of screen. Run finger from SC to dekO, keep moving finger a little longer, drop Kessen on same line; wait till Kessen has hit the dekO once to be sure all is lined up (he sometimes likes to move), deploy super shot. In contrast to Los Vega, I like for Kessen to be a good distance from the dekO and even further from the SC; the closer he is to the dekO, the easier it is for his trajectory to be off.

Practice, play, watch successful replays. There are so many elements in a good Kessnipe: what to trip, what to bait with, where to lure the dekO or guard reserve, what your plan B is if the Kessnipe misses (sometimes Kessen moves too far from where you drop him, and you can tell his supershot will miss, so you don't deploy the supershot and save it to deploy as soon as SC trips), yada yada yada. Hope there's something helpful in all that ramble.

EDIT: Bonus points if you can line up the Kessnipe so as to take out the SC and other buildings you want to take out: e.g., a glowing barracks or two, or the contraband storehouse.

Excellent post !!!

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#18 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:33 am

As long as people think there are deflections or that big buildings mess up the shot or that you can't shoot through the HQ ... then they will keep missing. If you believe those inaccuracies, then you will not have a high rate of success UNLESS you bait the Opp or Sent out into the open because then the buildings don't matter.

I like the DekO against a WAR base. But, honestly, a base with No Dekas is the easiest thing in the game to snipe ... if you know what you're doing.

Rebels feel free to hit me up on LINE at midgensa if you want guidance.

Pirate
Major General

Post#19 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:46 am

I found the key to kessen success was 1) learn the rules, 2) watch examples, 3) practice, 4) practice more. When you miss, you should understand why you missed. Once I got more comfortable, my use of any other heroes dropped off significantly, if nothing else just because it is fun to line up the shot.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#20 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:14 pm

DarkRebel wrote:Excellent post !!!

You're kind, Dark, but pretty much everything I typed out was a summary of what DrPain taught me. He's the real original Kessnipe hero for me. Anybody who knows me can attest I'm a B- player at best; I just learn what minimal skills I can from the A players. And Battalion is, or used to be (I haven't been in contact with the SWC community at large for a while), some of the best. Oh, makes me think way back in the days of Omisquads and such...

Midge's strategy also works, though I haven't been able to pull it off for two reasons:

1) I can never figure out whether Kessen targets the middle of a building or the bottom corner, and that minimal difference can throw off the trajectory enough to miss the SC.

2) And more importantly, since the instigation of the oh-so-blessed guard reserve (worst thing ever to happen to the game and stay; there were worse things, like shield-kissing and sniper pens, but they went away), I pretty much never find a base, even with no dekas, where Kessen will target a building. There is always something else on the base that Kessen will target.

Another note: luggabeasts are not necessary for same-level sniping, as others have said. But they do help. No lugga, you have to be dead on. Lugga, there is room for error such that a nick will still take out the SC.
Chasin' after my fortune & glory
~148,000 medals. Max 10 Base. Free to play (use air and SC only in emergencies). Not bragging: these stats tell you what I am seeing at my level. Your mileage will vary.

Return to “General Discussions”