High Level Player Needs Advice On Upgrading

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DarkRebel
Admiral

Re: High Level Player Needs Advice On Upgrading

Post#41 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:23 pm

wesman21 wrote:After reading all of this advice I feel like I did the WRONG thing by upgrading every structure fully before going to level 10 and then immediately building the remaining structures upon getting to level 10.

Just perspective. It's not wrong or right, per se. It's more to do with what do you really want as playing experience.

When I started my second account, I upgraded everything as fast as I could as I wanted to be matched with the best players in the game. I was looking for a challenge. Within 2 years, my base are now near max 10, and my medal count is capped.

However, perhaps for some players, they need their skills to catch up with their base development. Total understandable.

If I have to train a new/junior player in the squad, I would teach him/her the art of base design and attacking/scouting, so that they can have a good enough base to counter most opponent attacks and be able to take on tough bases to get loots to fund for upgrades. I would rather do that than teaching him/her how to manipulate the match making system to face with lesser opponent. But this is just me.

wesman21
Captain

Post#42 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:02 am

Update, what I have left to upgrade

Level 9 Market
Level 9 Vault
Level 9 Refinery
Level 9 Depot
Level 9 Trade Port
Level 14 Safehouse
Level 9 Barracks
Level 9 Factory
Level 20 Opp
Level 29 Deka

50ish wall pieces

I have 5 droids and I hate having them sit around. I know we have a big upgrade coming up, but I'd like to put some of them to work right now. Ideally, I'd be able to trade 1 or 2 in for crystals or an instant upgrade or something. I regret getting that 5th one now.

So, what should I upgrade next besides the dekas and walls?

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#43 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:42 am

Barracks and factory. Then any vehicle & infantry units you earn will also be level 10.

You will also need to upgrade your depots sooner than later in order to be able to store enough alloy to upgrade certain structures.
Chasin' after my fortune & glory
~152,000 medals. Newborn Prestige Base. Free to play (use air and SC only in emergencies). Rank 29. Not bragging: these stats tell you what I am seeing at my level. Your mileage will vary.

wesman21
Captain

Post#44 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:13 am

Sorry Phoenix, I guess I wasn't clear. I have two factories and three barracks already at 10. Just left one of each at 9. I thought I read in another thread some reasoning as to NOT upgrade all to level 10.

That could have just been depot/refinery though.

Do you know of any reason not to?

Jaykoz3
Commodore

Post#45 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:56 am

I'd take your Depots and Vaults to Level 10, and the Trade Port.

JARJAR
Commodore

Post#46 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:15 pm

actually, there no reasons to not upgrade

objectives to steal credits or alloy can be achieved even with full deposits
Last edited by JARJAR on Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#47 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:17 pm

One caveat is that the upgrade from level 9 to level 10 tradeport does not give you any base score. So if you want to raise your base score, don't upgrade those. If you want health on your buildings, but no base score, do upgrade them.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

wesman21
Captain

Post#48 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:41 am

I've decided that at this point, fuck it, I'm just going to upgrade everything. I think DS said in another thread that upgrading certain buildings has an effect on what you get in crates or potentially how you can get achievements based on credits/alloy etc.

I just don't like having my droids sitting around doing nothing.

JARJAR
Commodore

Post#49 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:54 pm

in the past it was impossible to complete certain objectives (steal credits or league) if you had full deposits but now the bug has been fixed, so it is no longer necessary to leave some buildings not updated

wesman21
Captain

Post#50 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:14 pm

Excellent, that is exactly the kind of answer I was looking for Jar Jar.

Now if only I had a way to cash in my spare droids once everything is complete and full. HMMM

Return to “General Discussions”