All Player Stats - Data From KSoD Website

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DeathStriker

Re: All Player Stats - Data From KSoD Website

Post#301 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:15 am

KSoD Statistics Trend Analysis - UPDATE #6

Using the "initial data" and various Screenshots posted by ObiWanKenobi2016 I put the data for SQUAD TOTALS and COMMANDER TOTALS for each FACTION into Microsoft Excel and created two "Trend Charts" as follows:

SWC Squads by Faction Trend Analysis
(Click here to view LARGER image)

SWC Commanders by Faction Trend Analysis
(Click here to view LARGER image)

DATA SOURCES:

• 8/30/17 - Here
  • 10/9/17 - Here
  • 11/2/17 - Here
  • 11/8/17 - Here (Pre-GR Balance Update #1)
  • 11/14/17 - Here (Post-GR Balance Update #1)
  • 12/2/17 - Here
  • 1/5/18 - Here
  • 2/2/18 - Here
  • 2/28/18 - Here
  • 4/3/18 - Here
  • 5/4/18 - Here
  • 6/1/18 - Here (Post-Solo Movie)
  • 7/2/18 - Here (Post-GR Balance Update #2)
  • 8/1/18 - Here
  • 9/1/18 - Here (Post Zynga Announcement - Early)
  • 10/3/18 - Here (Post SWC Version 7.0 + Prestige Level Release)
  • 11/5/18 - Here
ANALYSIS:

• The overall "trend" for the number of Squad per Faction shows a continued slight ⬆ Increase.
  • The overall "trend" for the number of Commanders per Faction shows the Empire Faction having a ⬆ Increase, while the Rebel Faction shows a continued ⬇ Decrease.

• It is a continued hoped that once Zynga starts taking control and releasing game updates that there will be a reverse of the downward trend of Commanders especially for Rebel Faction.
Post below any comments both Pro and Con...
Last edited by DeathStriker on Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Added Additional Screenshots

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

TNT
Major General

Post#302 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:54 am

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:The figures show:

- The Empire faction has increased from 95,365 to 97,501 an increase of 2,136 commanders

- The Rebel faction has reduced from 72,164 to 70,373 a loss of 1,791 commanders.

The faction split is now 58:42 in the Empire's favour, as before.

The Empire faction increase follows a conflict for the much sought after rodian skin, a skin that buffs their GR. It seems to have reversed the loss of players over the previous month.

Although the equivalent skin was available for the Rebel faction, it was not a useful item for the current state of the game. There was therefore no similar incentive to encouraged Rebel faction players to continue playing.

The reduction in rebel faction commanders over this month is greater than the previous months. The exacerbation of the GR imbalance issue (whether perceived or accurate) may have exacerbated this.

Fortunately there is a New Hope for the Rebellion on this issue.

Have I ever said you're an excellent poster? Because you are, not just here.

This does seem to hint that Rodian sniper equipment was wanted enough to reactivate lapsed imperials.
Actually, isn't this the first month with fully loaded dev bases and prestige? I'd wager those factors have a strong effect on playing as well.
At least from my limited sample I've seen activity in my (Rebel) squad go up quite a lot with the introduction of Prestige and loaded dev bases and the response on this forum was very positive as well.

The worsening divide between Imps and Rebels are probably a big reason why SW matches have been more difficult to get lately.

It's going to be very interesting to see what happens when the Sullustan sniper gr hits the playing field.
Join the OuterRimRioters. Drama free, laid back, regular wars and multiple time zones coverage.
Seriously, what more can you ask for in a shitty f2p mobile game?

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#303 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:22 pm

TNT wrote:Have I ever said you're an excellent poster? Because you are, not just here.

:lol: thank you, my friend. Praise indeed!

TNT wrote:Actually, isn't this the first month with fully loaded dev bases and prestige? I'd wager those factors have a strong effect on playing as well.
At least from my limited sample I've seen activity in my (Rebel) squad go up quite a lot with the introduction of Prestige and loaded dev bases and the response on this forum was very positive as well.

If you look up to post #279, where I posted last month's figures, you'll see the Prestige bases were already live.

I agree Prestige has had a positive impact, but that hasn't prevented a lot of Rebel factions players leaving the game.

Rodian frags were rare and sought after. As we know, they have made a huge difference to the game. Empire faction players, perhaps in contact with current players through LINE(?) have clearly spread the word, and former players have come back to the game for them.

TNT wrote:The worsening divide between Imps and Rebels are probably a big reason why SW matches have been more difficult to get lately.

I don't know what to make of War matchmaking at the moment. In SOD, we're struggling to get matches. We now regularly wait over 8 hours for a match, and two of our recent matches have been with rebel faction squads. Given the disproportionate number of Empire commanders, this is contrary to what you would expect.

TNT wrote:It's going to be very interesting to see what happens when the Sullustan sniper gr hits the playing field.

It really will. But as Spock has pointed out, getting frags for more than one level is going to be a challenge, as only 20 frags are available from each planet, and even then, only if you get UC.
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

DeathStriker

Post#304 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:45 pm

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:If you look up to post #279, where I posted last month's figures, you'll see the Prestige bases were already live.

EVERYONE - View my Trend Analysis above to see links to previous KSoD Data Captures.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

TNT
Major General

Post#305 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:44 am

DeathStriker wrote:
ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:If you look up to post #279, where I posted last month's figures, you'll see the Prestige bases were already live.

EVERYONE - View my Trend Analysis above to see links to previous KSoD Data Captures.

2 months already? :shock: Feels like it was last month.
What am I doing with my life?
It feels a little weird to think that just Rodian Sniper skins would have such an effect on the activity numbers. You give good reasons, but from my vantage point it feels like just another skin with diminishing returns on investment. But I don't have a better explanation.
Considering how generally undesirable Vanguard GR is (and by extension Shock trooper GR) would it then make sense if the activity of the imperials would decrease again.

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:I don't know what to make of War matchmaking at the moment. In SOD, we're struggling to get matches. We now regularly wait over 8 hours for a match, and two of our recent matches have been with rebel faction squads. Given the disproportionate number of Empire commanders, this is contrary to what you would expect.

Same, it's really weird.

It really will. But as Spock has pointed out, getting frags for more than one level is going to be a challenge, as only 20 frags are available from each planet, and even then, only if you get UC.

True. I'll be happy if I can even get it to lvl3. :?
Join the OuterRimRioters. Drama free, laid back, regular wars and multiple time zones coverage.
Seriously, what more can you ask for in a shitty f2p mobile game?

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#306 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:43 pm

I'll be happy with the unlock. I have a busy couple of weeks at work coming up.
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

Return to “General Discussions”