All Player Stats - Data From KSoD Website

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Shelendil
Admiral

Re: All Player Stats - Data From KSoD Website

Post#271 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:48 am

PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:Somebody check my maths, because I'm not good at it.

I'm currently sitting at 0.51% in the Tatooine conflict. My rank in the conflict is 330. If my math is right (0.05* X = 330), the total population of accounts playing in the Tatooine conflict is around 65,000. That strikes me as a low number and representative of a far-lower player population than I had anticipated.

I get about the same. It's been one more day, so about 70700 people now. That's only 1414 getting a reward. I remember Tat reward for the conflict always used to hover around 3000 people.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#272 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:48 am

My take:
- With same reward being available on ALL planets
- Significantly different amount of frags between UC and Obsidian
-> Players are more likely to stay on one planet to try to get into UC rather trying on multiple planets and end up missing UC.
Add on to that, the previous 2 Tat conflicts were brutal. Needed 50K points to get into UC.

This effectively divided up the players amongst the various planets, and not concentrated on Tat.

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#273 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:18 am

This isn't a recent change. For the past 4-5 months the tat conflicts have been around 2k for UC instead of 3k, reflecting the overall drop in population. I think by the time the conflict ends, this one will also be around 2k.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

legofanatikeren
Commodore

Post#274 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:35 am

It's also established fact that the "forces" number shown by each planet is really, really wrong.
It never reflects on where a conflict breaks out, doesn't fluctuate from month to month any bigger than a few 100 units, and the "total forces" is a number beyond rational explanation.

I'd say your math is right Phoenix, or mine is wrong as well!
legofanatikeren Was Here. Leader of Jedi-BladeForce - a training ground for new and experienced younglings alike. Proud officer in The jedi-Family.
#TeamLeo #flæskesteg #DanishHumor
If I meet you - you better like LEGO! :D
... No, seriously - you better do.

ObiTwo
Major General

Post#275 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:30 pm

Looks like the curve is flattening out, maybe we are reaching a balance in the force between new recruits and players leaving.
http://www.YouTube.com/ObiTwo (tips, strategies and layouts for rebels)

legofanatikeren
Commodore

Post#276 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:57 pm

An update on my tracking of the squads - I've reached almost the same conclusion as ObiTwo, the amount of registered players who left a month ago, is getting lesser slowly. Within the last week or so, there's even been a temporary upswing :)
Overall chart and a close-up chart is attached.
Good day all.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
legofanatikeren Was Here. Leader of Jedi-BladeForce - a training ground for new and experienced younglings alike. Proud officer in The jedi-Family.
#TeamLeo #flæskesteg #DanishHumor
If I meet you - you better like LEGO! :D
... No, seriously - you better do.

DeathStriker

Post#277 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:37 am

**Repost From Another Topic**

Stigma wrote:Hey is there a way to see SWCs "rate of players"? I'm curious about the official player count rising or declining. Thanks in advance.

Stigma - When you compare the KSoD "Stats" from September, 1, posted by ObiWanKenobi2016 in their Post found here with the current KSoD "Stats" found here there is some good news...

Player Numbers in Rebel Faction are on the RISE following release of Prestige Level...

(Empire Numbers are holding steady with No Change)

We will see if that still holds true by 1 October when next KSoD "Shapshot" will be taken.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#278 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:33 pm

Here are the stats from 1st October:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#279 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:43 pm

The figures show:

- The Empire faction has reduced from 97,690 to 95365, a loss of 2,325 commanders

- The Rebel faction has reduced from 73,601 to 72164, a loss of 1,437 commanders.

The faction split is now 57:43 in the Empire's favour, as before.

This suggests a continued loss at equal rate, but also a significant slow down in the attrition that the game has seen.

During the last month, the game has seen a significant update with the introduction of the new Prestige level. It's too early to say if that has had a positive impact or not, but for my part, it's definitely added something to the game and does seem to have increased interest and participation.

The conflict rewards for this week were Rancors / Rancor fragments - not a huge incentive as only L10 Prestige commanders can build the Rancor traps.
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

DeathStriker

Post#280 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:50 pm

KSoD Statistics Trend Analysis - UPDATE #6

Using the "initial data" and various Screenshots posted by ObiWanKenobi2016 I put the data for SQUAD TOTALS and COMMANDER TOTALS for each FACTION into Microsoft Excel and created two "Trend Charts" as follows:

SWC Squads by Faction Trend Analysis
(Click here to view LARGER image)

SWC Commanders by Faction Trend Analysis
(Click here to view LARGER image)

DATA SOURCES:

• 8/30/17 - Here
  • 10/9/17 - Here
  • 11/2/17 - Here
  • 11/8/17 - Here (Pre-GR Balance Update #1)
  • 11/14/17 - Here (Post-GR Balance Update #1)
  • 12/2/17 - Here
  • 1/5/18 - Here
  • 2/2/18 - Here
  • 2/28/18 - Here
  • 4/3/18 - Here
  • 5/4/18 - Here
  • 6/1/18 - Here (Post-Solo Movie)
  • 7/2/18 - Here (Post-GR Balance Update #2)
  • 8/1/18 - Here
  • 9/1/18 - Here (Post Zynga Announcement - Early)
  • 10/3/18 - Here (Post SWC Version 7.0 + Prestige Level Release)
ANALYSIS:

• The overall "trend" for the number of Squad per Faction shows a continued slight ⬆ Increase.
  • The overall "trend" for the number of Commanders per Faction shows a continued ⬇ Decrease but at a slower rate than before which is seen as a "positive". :D

Post below any comments both Pro and Con...
Last edited by DeathStriker on Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Added Additional Screenshots

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Return to “General Discussions”