Dowutin Hunter....Worth Making?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Olddad
Captain

Dowutin Hunter....Worth Making?

Post#1 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:24 pm

Does anyone use this guy? Does he have some sort of great value like a bike, jug, or Heavy Soldier?

Sigma582
Admiral

Re: Dowutin Hunter....Worth Making?

Post#2 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:54 pm

Not really IMHO. I used a lot of them from HQ (found in crates and old conflicts) and didn't notice anything outstanding. Would make sense at 6-8UC, but for 12 he's just not worth it.
New home of former Windows IMPERIALS® squad. PM me to join us on Android server.
-
Layout Manager
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19986
-
Defense Tracker
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20403

Euph
Admiral

Post#3 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:11 pm

What Sigma said.

He used to be an 'okay' tanky generalist but has never been worth the 12UC, let alone cantina time. 8UC feels like the sweet spot but given the defensive buffs lately I think he'd need a bit of a damage buff to be viable.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

DesertPyramid
Admiral

Post#4 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:52 pm

I only use him from inventory for "deploy" or cook new ones for "hire" daily goals... or if I am really bored and decide to do a random mashup just to try something new.
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10+ Perks: L37
Medals: ~56k Deka/o: 50/50 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#5 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:15 am

I concur with all opinions and uses of the Dowutin Brute stated above.
I once did an attack with 8 Dowutins just to test it. 5 precooked (L1) and 3 in SC (Ls3-8). rather big failure for the cooking time involved. Managed one star by using air and storms on outlying buildings.
Opponent's Sc troops and dekas were duly lured and killed within seconds amid a circle of Dowutins, but then they just marched into turret range and were slaughtered before achieving very much.

due to his limited range, long cooking time, high UC and lack of focus he's currently way inferior to 3 buffed heavies -or maybe even three unbuffed high level heavies. Especially in damage and cooking time.
Proud Officer of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many experienced and motivated longtime high-level players; regular/against OP/NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken. Worldwide brotherhood of rebel scourges :twisted:

Alpha
Major General

Post#6 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:42 am

Sigma582 wrote:Not really IMHO. I used a lot of them from HQ (found in crates and old conflicts) and didn't notice anything outstanding. Would make sense at 6-8UC, but for 12 he's just not worth it.

Perfectly said only thing i would add is they are great to donate to the lower levels :lol:

Sigma582
Admiral

Post#7 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:05 am

Alpha wrote:they are great to donate to the lower levels :lol:

only for donation crates :D
for defense 2 bikes would be much better. for offence - 1 mhc or 3 heavies.
New home of former Windows IMPERIALS® squad. PM me to join us on Android server.
-
Layout Manager
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19986
-
Defense Tracker
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20403

Olddad
Captain

Post#8 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:11 am

Thanks for the feedback. Prior to posting this, I thought I might be missing something since when I compared them to Mercs and Twileks, the Dowutin's seemed weaker....but cost twice the UC/Housing Space.

Ghost666
Major General

Post#9 » Tue May 02, 2017 2:50 am

Yoi didnt miss anything...another gret example of wasted art and animation work on a useless unit...
"All Walls Must Die" - Imperial Sniper Corps Unofficial Motto
VADER523 SQUAD - Positions Open

pdqsport
Major General

Post#10 » Tue May 02, 2017 10:18 am

My Dowutins (the ones I have been awarded for free or from a crate 'reward') have a single purpose...to keep my hundreds of Rancors from eating the other stuff in my HQ inventory.

(If a squaddie asks for 1, I'll pull one out and donate, but they otherwise stay exclusively in the HQ)
HQ 10 : 24k medals
IGN : Fidelias
Former Officer in Kenobi's Command -- Retired
Level 50 Squad

Return to “General Discussions”